DeletedUser22685

On the wekek phase, it started as a response to the mass amount of random green rep spam that was being handed out back during 2009-11. A fairly small group of elitists who cared a little too much about rep and what it stood for used "WEKEK" or some variation thereof as a stock red rep message to "combat" said green spam and avoid over-inflation of the reputation points of users who didn't "earn" them.

From there it snowballed and became the standard red rep message when people wanted to show disapproval but were too lazy to actually think of anything to say, or just to harass people for various reasons. You'd be hard pressed to find a player that was active on the forum prior to 2011 who has never sent a wekek at one point or another.

Rep is more arbitrary now since it's not tossed around nearly as much as it was in the past. I don't think people have stopped using the rep system so much as the activity in the forum has died down in general. Either way, it's rare to find someone who has a major problem with being plagued by red rep these days unless they actually earn it. That's not to say that it doesn't happen, since I can think of a couple of recent cases off the top of my head.

Regardless, keep in mind that rep is subjected to the same rules as the rest of the forum. Unfortunately there's no feature to report a rep message, but if you receive an abusive or otherwise illegal message via the rep system, please send a PM to one of the Sheriffs and we will act accordingly. Keep in mind that red rep on its own doesn't constitute a rule violation. Don't spam us with PMs because you were called a njub or wekeked.

DeletedUser33342

Well I can say that when i recieve rep i give it back, i think it's a nice system and the option to do it anonymous is just wonderful because real guys sign the red ones :)

DeletedUser

Have only just discovered how to read these. Some of the things people have written puzzles me. I ask a simple question and someone asks me if I've been living under a rock. Isn't that the point of asking questions, to get an answer to something you do not yet know? Strange.
I emphasise something - either in bold or in capitals - simply to emphasise that that particular word has an emphasis - (such as that there) and I get messages saying that I am shouting or being aggressive.
I know, I know. Everyone is entitled to their say. I just find it all a bit...troubling, is all.
I didn't even know I had a reputation. Now that I have found it though, I will read what people say, good or bad.
If I kept my messages all bland and emphasis-free though, they wouldn't be very interesting. It would be like talking to someone in a monotonous tone of voice.
Still, each to their own. :)

Ignore them lol

No grey ones, but got some anononymous red ones. Ah well, don't bother me. I just reckon those giving bad rep anonymously are just cowards. :donkey:

:DCowerdice is a better part of valour...probably through their own discression.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: