Religion now holds humanity back

DeletedUser

Wish I had looked for this earlier. :mad:
http://rcg.org/books/ttooe.html

First came that lurch in my guts then the light came on. So much for Easter being a straight up Christian tradition. :laugh:

Maybe I'll just start observing the Passover and call it good.

I HAVE said before that I keep an open mind so anytime anyone finds something like the above I'll gladly read it through. I apologize for digging my heels in like I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wish I had looked for this earlier. :mad:
http://rcg.org/books/ttooe.html

First came that lurch in my guts then the light came on. So much for Easter being a straight up Christian tradition. :laugh:

Maybe I'll just start observing the Passover and call it good.

I HAVE said before that I keep an open mind so anytime anyone finds something like the above I'll gladly read it through. I apologize for digging my heels in like I did.

Well it matters more that you are willing to make corrections, look at Paul's example.

DeletedUser

Well it matters more that you are willing to make corrections, look at Paul's example.

Well, I'm only human after all. I've been spending some more time in that site and have already begun to rethink much of what I thought about Christian holiday traditions. There will be a few changes in my thought process and daily conduct as a result. I've always wondered why the Christian Church stopped observing the original (God commanded) festivals/holidays from the old testament especially in light of Jesus' words that He did not come to abolish the Law, but rather to fulfill it. All the old Holy Days that God commanded in the old Testament should still be observed even by Christians today. This has been a real eye opener for me and I'm glad I got involved in this debate.

My faith in God is however, still rock solid since I haven't found any unicorns yet. The day is still young though.

DeletedUser16008

Glad you went out and looked for yourself there CC saves me or someone posting and muddying the waters further.

This is the way this topic has to circle to get to the statement i made at the very beginning.

Religion is fine and all and still has a strong role to play in this world and others on many levels. What it does not need to be doing is constantly misleading people both in the religious sense and certainly not in the scientific sense.

Science quite happily ridicules itself when something is found to be incorrect and is thrown in the bin accordingly. It is self correcting and brutally honest exactly because of the process it constantly goes through and challenges everything continuously. There is no reason that religion should not be able to do the same.

If by some chance it turns out science discovers the seed of life was artificially placed here on earth or evolution is proven to be wrong or man arrived via another dimension or placed here by aliens or whatever it will most certainly say so.

There will surely come a point where science finds that the whole basis it is founded upon is but a layer of a greater understanding. In order to fully "graduate" to the next level Religion just like Science must also evolve, if it to survive.

We are very nearly there with quantum and other dimensions and the like, who knows the discoveries yet unfound. Only 100 years ago we were like but cavemen compared to now. it would not surprise me in the least to find we shift to another dimension or our energy goes on after the heart stops and the body goes cold. It still dosnt mean its a god moment but rather only a science we do not yet understand.

The better for man he be allowed to forge ahead rather than what seems to be a vast amount of humanity led to believe there is no worth in discovery. That is a crime religion is all too often guilty of.

Release the wealth of the Churches, Mosks Temples etc and all the rest, allow access to various writings of the world for the sake of humanity and good it will do rather than jealously guarding and keeping these things to itself, controlling peoples lives to the extent it does and trying to keep people ignorant fearful and convinced that all they need is God.

It may be very central to many people to have the comfort whilst in this life but it should not be confused with having to fight everything that challenges the writings in a few manuscripts. It should certainly not define and restrict humanity by trying to keep it in a box and under its control. We lost centuries during the Dark Ages, the lesson it seems has not been properly learnt yet.

If there is a God then man is supposed to be creative, inquisitive, questioning, strive for progress and reach for the stars. The time has come for religion to take a backseat in world affairs and influence and allow man to mature as he will anyway. Rather than fight it all the way make it harmonious, productive and better for all, including your children and theirs that come after.