Reimburse players with a free AP\SP reset

DeletedUser35174

That's why we have 7 worlds.

ye your right there but that means that players will have to start from level 1. which in my experience is a pain in the backside.

for example a player was lvl 50 lets say. and he wanted to be a FF. wouldn't it be easier if he had an option to respec rather than have to start a new world and start all over again

DeletedUser22493

That's why we have 7 worlds.

Imo, that is a problem.

So, if a player wants to fully explore all aspects of the game, they have to be active in 7 worlds, pay for prem in 7 worlds, collect items in 7 worlds, complete the same quests in 7 worlds, craft up in 7 worlds, check reports, forums, telegrams in 7 worlds every day.. and so on..

And not to mention be active in 7 communities, which is pretty much impossible. And the community is the best part of the game.

The whole RPG feeling is lost if you play that many worlds. It's also lost if you only play 1 world and your not able to pay for re-specing now and then, because then your stuck on a very monotone path, doing the same things over and over again.

No wonder the server communities are dying when no one has time to really play the game.

DeletedUser

Imo, that is a problem.

So, if a player wants to fully explore all aspects of the game, they have to be active in 7 worlds, pay for prem in 7 worlds, collect items in 7 worlds, complete the same quests in 7 worlds, craft up in 7 worlds, check reports, forums, telegrams in 7 worlds every day.. and so on..

ummm, my point was you don't have to do all those things on every single world. You duel on one, you quest on another, you craft on a third, etc in various combinations. If what you said was the case it would be an argument in favor of the idea, not against it.

The whole RPG feeling is lost if you play that many worlds. It's also lost if you only play 1 world and your not able to pay for re-specing now and then, because then your stuck on a very monotone path, doing the same things over and over again.

And yet every single pay to play client-based MMORPG I've ever played has allowed multiple toons. Games which are much more truly RPGs than The West.

Edit: If you really want to establish your character's identity, an absolute must for an RPG, there should be no respeccing at all. No placating shaman, no potions to reset skills and/or attributes. As soon as placate shaman was implemented, all such identity was lost. Respeccing used to be a serious long-term endeavor that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. A full respec is no longer an accomplishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ye your right there but that means that players will have to start from level 1. which in my experience is a pain in the backside.

for example a player was lvl 50 lets say. and he wanted to be a FF. wouldn't it be easier if he had an option to respec rather than have to start a new world and start all over again

But... that one exists. And at level 50, respecting is just 70k, right now you will get near that level with the money on the wallet to make that respecting.
(the problem is after that since been a FF you lose 90% of the money income jobs and adventures)

Most people that want this one implemented are just for one of 2 reasons:
Because they got to key 3 and now want to move the 400 points out;
or because people have gone to FF and now want to respec and are out of money for paying for it.

But you can pay with nuggets or upb and get a "cheap" respec from the upb shop.

DeletedUser35174

yes but not everyone uses nuggets myself included and how are non FF able to raise bonds to buy a respec potion

DeletedUser

yes but not everyone uses nuggets myself included and how are non FF able to raise bonds to buy a respec potion

Since i can only get into 1 in each 50 Forts battles since i only have 2200 HP, i got the 1000 without a big fuss. you can get 12 per day without too much trouble.
Just do the 4 dailies. Get the 10 of each of those special quests. Do 2 duels against humans. Do 3 duels against NPC and craft 3 things.
You only need to control yourself and don´t get any box and keep raising the number of upbs.

Yeah if you are a FF you can get 26 per Fort without big trouble and get the 1000 in less than 2 weeks.

(since the upb shop got to the game, i already bought 21 chests (mostly steel lined chests)... and i have less than 1/10 of the upbs that any reasonable FF already got)

DeletedUser30224

Yeah if you are a FF you can get 26 per Fort without big trouble and get the 1000 in less than 2 weeks.

:no: not everybody is a hider or premium dueller. My average bonds per battle wit a full HP advent was 10 bonds ... that's 100 battles ... 100 days or if more than one abttle per day, say 2, still 50 days, that's close to 2 months ... and that is not a realistic time frame either since you do not get 2 good battles per day ... not where I come from anyhow.

In fact, let's take your example ... say you do get 26 per battle 2 battles per day (god help us all) that is 52 per day...520 + 520 = 1040 for 20 days ... less than 2 weeks means <14 days. Maths are difficult :p

But really, I just wanted to state that fort fighting when you take it realistically, you need 2-3 months or more to get 1000 bonds. I need more definitely.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In fact, let's take your example ... say you do get 26 per battle 2 battles per day (god help us all) that is 52 per day...520 + 520 = 1040 for 20 days ... less than 2 weeks means <14 days. Maths are difficult :p

Well, if your account is only active for going on to make the fort fights, you are correct.... but if you play the game normally, you will get 26+4(dailies)+4(dailies)+3(daily bonus) (thinking on just 1 fight per day on some active servers you can get into 2 to 3 fights per day)

So 50 upbs per day per fort fights, 11 from the dailies, that makes you 14 days to get 1000 upbs. (not counting the upbs you can find on the jobs). Even if you can only get 1 fight per day, it will take you a single month do get the 1000 upbs.

So it is not so hard to get like you are saying. And 3 months is a good time to play this kind of game... some of us have almost 5 years of the game. And before you would need to pay a big number to change skills... now it´s very cheap to get the 1000 instead of 150k in money you would need to pay before.
I payed almost 200k for changing after getting the 3 key... so it was not so hard that time, now is super easy.

DeletedUser22685

I don't think that's playing normally, very few people get 26 bonds per battle AND do all the daily activities and daily quests.

DeletedUser30224

Exactly my point, when you make a statistical information, round it down a bit and never up. We are not talking theory but verified practice. If you think you can do 3 battles per day on which you receive 3*26 bonds and you make dailies as well then please prove it to me. In theory it's possible, but hey, even though it's possible, our day is not 24h long, but only about 15 ... the rest of it you are sleeping. Not only that, your character needs to sleep after each battle as well. 1+1 makes 2 and theory not equals practice in this situation.

I don't want to troll over this, it annoys me that whenever a statistic is made, the maximum possible limits are calculated, as if the world would turn like that.

However I do agree that respec is not that hard no more, but it still takes 2-3 monts for the average fort-fighter to gather 1000 bonds.

DeletedUser

I don't think that's playing normally, very few people get 26 bonds per battle AND do all the daily activities and daily quests.

The ff is a supposed best point. Im an adventurer and never got more than 17 on a FF.

But i saw people doing it... The problem with the dailies are on the 3 days where you need to do jobs for more than 4h. The other ones can be done very fast... if you have the products. Crafting is 15 minutes. Duels... 20 minutes. Some people select between the 2 for the 3 option, since duelling the npcs is the easier part of the dailies. Others just use the 35 minutes and have the dailies completed.

The bigger problem for staying on route to the 1000 (i got them in less than 3 months just with some 10 to 20 FF during that time) is opening the upb shop and see the chests... and keep the mouse out of the purchase button. After i got the potion i just get to 175 and buy a steel lined chest like i do on the other servers i play.

(and waiting to get 1000 every month is a complete utopia(even that it´s possible) on a game like this... but people want to get to 120 very fast and having everything in that timeframe)