Re-thievery

DeletedUser

[This is in reference to the "Defeat the Thief" quest.]
Any one have any good hints for the duel?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser609

A decent amount of Aim and shooting......I believe when I did it. I had 8 in both.

DeletedUser

Now I beat Peddy but his brother Mathew beat me badly. I hate duels.

DeletedUser

I'm wearing the red indian necklace, when I try to put the blue bandana on for this quest, it won't let me. When I click on it, it says "You need this item for one of your work assignments" Same thing when I click the blue bandana to put it on. Is this a bug or am I missing something? It lets me trade other things by clicking.

DeletedUser

Gwyn, if you're currently doing a job, you need the skills boos from the red Indian necklace to do it. Without those, you couldn't do that job. So wait until you're done or cancel the job, then switch to the blue bandanna and complete the quest.

DeletedUser

you mean it checks that now? I know I've switched items in the past, to pick out my next job, so that I was no longer qualified to do the one I was doing (mostly, by switching out the bowler hat...)

DeletedUser

How do i find the thief? It says in the town New Orleans, must i search the entire map for that town?

DeletedUser

Nope, in the bottom left it says about the quest. Click the left one, then click Challenge your Opponent.

DeletedUser

I need help, too.

I have challenged the thief probably four different times and lost them all. What do I need to do to win this?

DeletedUser

You have to pick your dodging to match his attacks

For me, after getting beat 5 times, I was able to piece together that he hit me in the left hand in rounds 1/5 and 4/8 and in the right hand in rounds 2/6 and 3/7 so i just changed my duel tactics so that he would miss those spots in those rounds.