Re: Rule Adjustments: Change of Ownership of Accounts

DeletedUser14006

Re: Rule Adjustments: Change of Ownership of Accounts

Da Twista said:
Howdy!

We have made a slight adjustment to our ruling with regards to the change of ownership of an account. Previously if a player was leaving the game we allowed them to give the account to another player provided that there were no conflicts of worlds in violation of having one character per world. (Rule 1).

With the release of migration and the market features, we are no longer able to support this action. Players have taken upon themselves to make use of migration and the market feature to transfer items/cash to their main account and even use alternate accounts to farm for products.

With that being said, you are no longer allowed to gift an account to another player if you're restarting on a new character or leaving the game. If you're restarting or leaving the game, your only choice is to place the account on delete. Any accounts that have changed ownership from today (02/10/2012) onwards will be issued with a permanent ban without the opportunity to appeal this ban.

Players that have taken over other accounts prior to today do not need to worry, we have given you grace and you may keep the account as this was allowed when the change of ownership took place.

If you have any questions regarding this decision, feel free to send in a support ticket.

As probably one of the main culprits of account switching in the past I am surprised to see this rule change, it is in my belief that account switching when a player quits the game helps sustain activity amongst that world as when one player leaves another fills their shoes adding much needed participation to that world and in some cases keeps putting money into the game through premium purchases.

I hear what you are saying about the issues since migration so my question is will this rule be reverted when migration ends?

Without migration there will be no opportunity to transfer items between accounts held by one person, unless that person is playing more than one account on one world of course but that is covered sufficiently by 'rule one'.

DeletedUser1121

I hear what you are saying about the issues since migration so my question is will this rule be reverted when migration ends?

All I can say about this at the moment is that the rules are reviewed regularly. As soon as some situations change (like disabling migration) we will review the rules again. Until then we can't give any answers to your question

DeletedUser14006

That is a fair answer, I look forward to an answer soon then :)