R&R --- U.S. Political

DeletedUser

R&R --- U.S. Political Napping

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...6f7378-e57c-11e1-8741-940e3f6dbf48_story.html

I was quite amazed to find Romney choosing Ryan as his running mate. Particularly considering, after thirteen years in office, Ryan has succeeded in passing only two bills: one to rename a post office and another to lower the excise tax on fletching (that feather component of arrows... archery anyone?).

Don't get me wrong. The man has successfully fooled the Tea Party conservatives and many staunch Republicans, but his voting record and his substantial hot air on budget issues (not to mention the chuckles he gave to many economic experts with his repeated amateurish economic proposals that essentially amounted to throwing numbers in a spreadsheet and claiming a "cure") makes him a very easy target to tear apart (hell, there are even embarrassing quotes about him from Republican economists and congressmen).

So, considering just how brutally Romney is being vetted in the public arena, what could the GOP have been thinking to attach Ryan to their Presidential candidate's ticket? Is this another instance of political napping, or were they honestly thinking a political napper would be a good Vice President?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

At this point, the whole election seems to me to be a lesser of two evils this year.

DeletedUser

Its almost as if the republicans want to lose the elections. 4 years ago they picked Sarah Palin as the running mate and she underminded their campaign with the things she compulsively said.

At this point, the whole election seems to me to be a lesser of two evils this year.

sadly enough it has seemed that way for the last few elections.

DeletedUser

"I can see Russia from my house!"

That was by far my favorite quote from Palin I mean really this woman vies for office and still is pushing for senate housing today. With statements like that its not a wonder why she and her husband had a special needs child.
And i by far don't mean any offense to anyone with special needs children my brother has the most beautiful amazing autistic daughter, i am simply referring to the woman's lack of intelligence

DeletedUser

"I can see Russia from my house!"
Yes, Joe Biden has been so much better. Has he ever been in front of a microphone where he didn't put his foot in his mouth? I never was a Sarah Palin fan (and I was supporting Obama when she was McCain's running mate), but it would hard not to surpass Joe Biden. About the only good thing I can say about Biden is that he's never shot anybody (that we know of).

DeletedUser

As I've kept myself mostly ignorant of the US election I have no idea who would be the best one. Thought I'd find myself hesitant, to say the least, to vote on the party of Frank Szabo, Todd Akin and Stacy Campfield

Personally, I'm a little (actually, a lot) more concerned about the current state of our country than a few bigoted comments made by republicans. If Romney/Ryan stood by those comments, then I would be worried.

$7 trillion dollars more in debt, higher gas prices, higher unemployment rate - seems like we're going in the wrong direction. Or is this the "change" people were hoping for?

DeletedUser

Ah the typical propaganda line. The increased debt was initiated by the Bush administration and conveniently blamed on the Obama administration. The unemployment was a result of the economic collapse that was initiated during the Bush administration. And despite The Obama administration's success at reducing unemployment since the collapse, the unemployment figures are touted as Obama's fault. As to higher gas prices, tag that to greed, as the profit margins for the major oil corps has never been higher. I.e., the rise in gas prices was propagated by the economic collapse, but the oil corps continue to raise the prices despite the nation's economy undergoing a recovery. As earlier stated, their skyrocketing profit margins demonstrate the price of gas is being artificially inflated.

Nice try though. I'm sure one or two readers actually thought you had a valid point.

DeletedUser

The unemployment was a result of the economic collapse that was initiated during the Bush administration. And despite The Obama administration's success at reducing unemployment since the collapse, the unemployment figures are touted as Obama's fault.

I can vouch for this i am a industrial construction worker during the second term of the Bush administration there were only a handful of jobs that were available for me to travel to only a few power plant being constructed and refineries. Since this "horrible" Obama administration i at this given moment have 35 different jobs to choose from across the state that are currently going on at this given moment.

$7 trillion dollars more in debt, higher gas prices, higher unemployment rate - seems like we're going in the wrong direction. Or is this the "change" people were hoping for?

I am sorry but please show me where the administration has actually raised the unemployment comparative to the bush administration.
Besides the fact the argument that Romney will make a good president based on the fact he is a successful business man. He has made his money simply by farming businesses. He buys em sucks em dries puts thousands of people out of work closes the now dead business down and moves on to the next one what makes u think he wont abuse his position of power as president to do the same but to the entire country.

Personally, I'm a little (actually, a lot) more concerned about the current state of our country than a few bigoted comments made by republicans.

So you are telling me that you are ok with bigotry.

DeletedUser

Ah the typical propaganda line.

Yes, it's all Bush. Obama has zero effect on the economy. Hey Hellstromm, ever consider the possibility that everything isn't black or white? That it's not ALL Bush or ALL Obama and it's something in between? That both parties are culpable in the current state of the economy?

Yes, it is a typical propaganda line, as is your reply.

Think for yourself and question authority.

~Timothy Leary

All I know is, if you're in a hole, stop digging. Romney needs to take away Obama's shovel.

DeletedUser

Yes, it's all Bush. Obama has zero effect on the economy. Hey Hellstromm, ever consider the possibility that everything isn't black or white? That it's not ALL Bush or ALL Obama and it's something in between? That both parties are culpable in the current state of the economy?
And the challenge is posed. Present to me where Obama has negatively impacted the economy. Evidence please.

All I know is, if you're in a hole, stop digging. Romney needs to take away Obama's shovel.
Sometimes when people are digging, they're clearing way for a good foundation. After the destruction posed by 8 years of the Bush administration (and let me make this clear, it wasn't just Bush. The Republican led Congress, as well as many Democrats within Congress at that time, are likewise to blame) that gutted much of the work and progress committed by the Clinton administration, it is quite evident plenty of work was necessary to forestall additional damage. The vast majority of the world's greatest economists clearly indicated that the actions committed during and through the Obama administration did effectively forestall the damage, putting things aright.

The hardship now is reversing the damage, which is so much harder to do. And that's where a shovel comes in handy. But, of course, you want to hand the shovel to Romney, a corporate undertaker. Yay for that logic...

DeletedUser

As far as the entire campaign from both parties this year i and just wanting to see some actual proposed plans to do anything this entire campaign is just trying to run each other down no one has even presented an actual plan.