Quest Giver

DeletedUser

That's the "new" stuff I've noticed when you click on the mini map view. So far, I haven't seen one in the map, maybe a few hours from now.

The quest giver is that purple dot in your mini map once it becomes available.

So, what do you think about this quest giver thing?

DeletedUser

So in future, you will need to travel to meet the NPC who would give you the quest ^^

No more lazing around in the saloon whilst they spoon-feed the quests to us. ;)

Well, it might make this game more interactive and 3-dimensional because right now, if you don't duel, queueing jobs is really quite 2-D.

DeletedUser

No specific lvl. It will not be implemented until the next update.

DeletedUser

soldier scaring off birds
reward unknown= Silver star Medal
8tactics
7 appearance
4 horse riding
coug43rd

DeletedUser8627

I am starting to get a little worried here.

I am a Level 22 worker and on World 5, all quest up to date for my level, but have not gotten anything from the barmen to find the quest giver?

Seeming that world 5 was first to update this should have happened already, should it not?

I have been browsing the forums and reading up on somethings and only thing I can figure why it would not show is it you are not on level 10 or have not chosen a class yet. Does the quest giver appear for all classes or just for some?

DeletedUser

I am a Level 22 worker and on World 5, all quest up to date for my level, but have not gotten anything from the barmen to find the quest giver?

Have you gotten the quest to do 2 hours scaring the birds off the fields from Henry?

DeletedUser8627

Yes I completed this quite some time ago.

Target: Scare off birds for 2 hours.

Reward: Scare birds off the field (2 hours) (Done)

You have already completed this quest.

DeletedUser

I'm not a worker so I can't be sure, but did you check to see if there was any indication of the quest giver's location in the text of that quest? (Checking the epilogue text as well. - There is a link to that down the bottom.)

Because with the ones I've had there is usually some indication where the questgiver can be found. Have you searched the minimap for your pink dot? If it is anything like the adventurer's first one, there should be one in every square.

DeletedUser8627

Well this is what I get:

The farm (Scarecrow)

Barkeeper Henry Walker: Good that I see you here Da Twista. Your uncle Nathan is looking for you and wants you to scare off the crows from his fields. He's told me that the harvest won't be good this year to begin with, but that the birds will fully ruin it. There was nothing I could say. The farm has seen better day, mind you.

And

The farm (Scarecrow)

Barkeeper Henry Walker: Even if the times are hard you shouldn't walk around dressed worse than the scarecrow. Here you have a pair of old clothes.
I have found Nathan sitting in the Saloon but I have searched the mini map and do not see this 'Finding Steve" or any pink dots floating around. Apparently there is a parcel that needs to be taken to Steve which this quest has not been issued to me yet for some reason.

DeletedUser

Steve and the parcel is for adventurers, not for workers.

Nathan should keep you busy actually.

DeletedUser

Steve and the parcel is the adventurer's quest line.

If Nathan (fat guy with a big hat?) is in your saloon, he should have had quests for you, which I assume you've been doing.

From looking at West Stats it looks like the first "pink dot" quest you have to travel for is just after you do Nathan's quest to build a bridge for 5 hours. If you aren't up to that yet, it seems like there is nothing to worry about. :)

Btw, if you want to see all the workers' quests, they are listed here... http://www.weststats.com/Questgroup/?group=30