Propaganda promotional and plain old funny pictures

• Thread starter the Masked Mole man
  • Start date

DeletedUser1105

Thanks. Yeah, that statue is awesome!

Ok, this really is the last one from me - i'm supposed to be working here! (How do I not get fired??):

EDIT: Just spotted that I can't spell activity!

DeletedUser

I've downloaded Aviary phoenix.

To get a shadow use the following options:

get the layer you want the shadow, use the magic wand to select transparent parts.
Go to select > Modify > Expand (2 pixels)
New layer.
Fill the selection with the colour 583B28
Drag the layer under the item and move into appropriate place (right and down a bit)
Filters > blur (a few times)

Should come out nicely.

DeletedUser1105

Thanks Gem. Still struggling though.

I clicked on the magic wand, and then on the item I wanted to blur. It highlighted the whole item.

I then clicked select, expand, and expanded it by 5 (after I had tried 1 and saw no change).

What this did was cut the outside of my item off. I couldn't fill with paint bucket (wouldn't work), and that number you gave was a brown colour.

I'll have to give it up - I'm not cut out for this high-tech image manipulation!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ever thought of downloading gimp? It has all the basic features.

I used it online too.

DeletedUser1105

Never heard of gimp. This is the first time I ever used software. I wanted to try this 'extracting' I'd heard of (because as you can see in my first effort above I was using paint). This was the first one I found. I might try this gimp then, and see if that helps me.

I got the extracting ok (except I'm lazy and sloppy when I do it), so wanted to try something the glowing thing, but I think I may be heading into 'out of my depth' territory now!

DeletedUser

Never heard of gimp. This is the first time I ever used software. I wanted to try this 'extracting' I'd heard of (because as you can see in my first effort above I was using paint). This was the first one I found. I might try this gimp then, and see if that helps me.

I got the extracting ok (except I'm lazy and sloppy when I do it), so wanted to try something the glowing thing, but I think I may be heading into 'out of my depth' territory now!

I think gimp has a shadow option - so it's one click with a few options and it's done. Don't worry about going out your depth!

DeletedUser

Never heard of gimp.

Gimp is a good program. It has some features that I use for my signatures every now and then. Gradients, Distortion Tools, Flares, many visual effects, etc. Though I never go too far in, I might lose track of time. I use MSPaint for most of my work.

Using Microsoft Paint and getting good results is an admirable feat in my opinion. Sure shows those new-age photoshop users a thing or two. Takes work, and patience.

(David Hasselhoff, right on!)

DeletedUser1105

Cool, well thanks for the tips. I'll have to try these other programs out I think.

DeletedUser1105

Ok, this one HAS to be the last one, because I leave work in 15 minutes:

And before you point it out, I know that 'male' is ticked.

DeletedUser

Here's one for the girly girls in The West, I will work up some character classes tomorrow if I have time.

propoganda.jpg

DeletedUser

The unicorn was a bit much, but other than that - impeccable taste. :laugh:

DeletedUser

i say black jack fonze and sdjx22 westside win they are the best EVER!!!!!!

DeletedUser

devil.jpg
Just showing the Devil in me :D

Last edited by a moderator: