"Proof of God" fallacies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yes. Usually proof 'll do :p
And how could they possibly even know that wooden wreck is the ark?
I've never seen a miracle. Only heard thousand-aged stories about them...
And there is a bit of proof of the evolution theory.

Why would got tolerate racism and let men create different religions?

DeletedUser

Well I guess as long as 2 guys go at it ONLY to 'assurt' dominance, that's not homosexuality.
I suppose something like that goes on in prisons.
I read a great article on same-sex relationships in the natural world - pair-bonded male birds raiding nests for eggs so that they could 'raise their own family', for instance. It really challenged a lot of assumptions and prejudices. If I can find it, I'll post.
[Trading in animals - that's real bad karma though]:eek:

humping for a rabbit or a dog in that case isnt a sexual act its no differnt than say goats butting heads or apes beating there chests theres nothign sexual about it and if you had the teeniest bit of understanding of animals you would know this

DeletedUser

so how would a wreck of a wooden ship get onto the top of mount ararat UNLESS IT WAS THE ARK
SHIPS DONT WALK

Miracles happen today- think about the miners in Northern Chile

DeletedUser

Can you give me a videolink? have scientists researched the wood already? aged it?

What about the miners of northern chile? Yes they survived, that's just luck or someone who knew where they could go to safety!
So yeah, if 100 mines collapse there is a chance that in some mines there may be survivors. Most people inside die if they collapse -.-

DeletedUser

You're name truly defines you my friend.

Do you see how you prove the Bible correct with your statements?

2 Tim. 3:1-5

(Paraphrased) In the Last Days there will be those having a form of Godly devotion, but proving false to its power.

Yes, there have always been those like that, but like you said, there is now a larger number of such ones. Marking that we are indeed in the Last Days of this system of things.

Oh yes, for we are surely in our last days. The world will exist for a long time, and isn't ending anytime soon. Sure, we're in a "recession", and the world has changed in many ways, and times may be rough, but times have been worse, and we're nowhere near the end of the world.

Oh by the way, I love your logic: Things in the world are a bit messed up, there are a bunch of hypocritical "Christians", and the Bible says that those are signs of the "Last Days", therefore we're in the "Last Days"

the bible doeesnt ask that people never sin as man is imperfect and thats immpossible but it does clearly state that man must be repentant of there sin

so if the biblical god considers homosexuality a sin than choosing to live a homosexual lifestyle is a choice to live in sin therefore meaning that individual is unrepentant therfore unforgiven

so a christian should love tehm but should not condone ther life choice and most definatly shouldnt go out of there way to support said life choice
it would be the equivilant if forgiving a multiple murderer that is still killing all while helping them load there gun and sharpen there knives

theres a clear differnce

What's the difference of living a homosexual lifestyle, which is a 'sin', than committing sins daily, and not even following the basic lessons of your religion? In both cases, you're 'sinning' on a daily basis, or not doing what the Bible, or what you're Church promotes.

There really isn't. A person can be a homosexual, but otherwise a perfectly good Christian, or a person can be straight, and commit sins daily. Both are choosing to do these things daily, and both live a lifestyle of sin..

I find people to be so hypocritical. You can find a Christian who does dozens upon dozens of bad things daily, and a Christian who might just be a homosexual, and that homosexual Christian isn't a Christian because he chooses his lifestyle, just like mostly all other Christians choose a hypocritical lifestyle full of sin.

True Christians still exist, and (On Topic) unless they didn't have undeniable and unchangable faith there God, whether they died or not, the fact that their truly being a God of a resurection could have been the only thing keeping the Witnesses from giving up. I find this to be a proof of God, such immovable faith, cannot be without reason.

Fine, True Christians do exist, those thousands out of billions that claim to be.

I find your proof to be completely invalid. I find it ridiculously funny when people say what you just said. God is love, and love exists in the world, therefore god exists. Or, you must have faith in god, and people have faith, therefore god exists. You're delusional emotions in something created by some man on a power-trip doesn't prove the existence of anything.

DeletedUser

We are in the last days- the Lastdays is the time from which Jesus died to the end of the world
Read Revelations and how can you be SURE theworld isnt ending soon?
It will come as a thief in the night- when you are least expecting it

No we cannot say when the world will end

M1995 there is no such thing as luck
Everything happens in its appointed time

DeletedUser

Since how long have you been a Christian? Since your birth?
Just out of curiousity :p

DeletedUser

lol see according to the bible to be forgiven of a sin you must be repentant of it

sooo if homosexuality is a sin and one lives a homosexual life they cant be repentant of it therefore its far from the same of nperfect people commiting a sin and a person CHOOSING a lifestyle of sin

theres a distinct differnce and if you cant undertand that serious differnce between teh two then you have realy no place in the discussion

DeletedUser

God does exist-
Prove it.

there can be NO disproving the fact-
1. It's not a fact.
2. Fallacy; one can not prove a negative.

how did the Ark get on mount Ararat- would a man just randomly build a huge boat- and remnants of the ark are STILL there- they were seen during the 2nd world war by pilots-
3.Proof of sighting.
4. Confirmation of wood being the boat.
5. People have done stranger things to prove their fantasies true.

There is all the miracles that have ever happened- and you STILL dont believe-
1 in a million still means it can, and will happen.
Sometimes one does beat the odds.

'blessed are they which HAVE NOT SEEN and yet have believed'
Yeah, ofcourse you would say that when you preach about an invisible man.

Do you always need proof to find something true?
Do you need proof there is a giant pink unicorn in my livingroom, or will you take my word for it?
Her name is Nibbles.

DeletedUser

I was going to say this thread had got off-topic, but when I think about it there are "proof of God" fallacies unwittingly perpetrated by believers on almost every page!

I like the one where a pilot looking out of his plane and seeing something on the ground trumps the entire corpus of archaeological knowledge. You really couldn't make this stuff up - it's so bizarre no one would believe you, and yet here it is presented in all seriousness.

There's nowt so queer as folk.

DeletedUser

There is no wooden vessel on Mt. Ararat, it's a myth, perpetrated by people "wanting" to believe. What was seen from the air was an optical illusion, rock formations and their accompanying shadows. The so-called ark found recently by Chinese evangelists was a fake (Click Here), as reported here by Randall Price, the man who paid for the expedition (Click Here):

Randall Price said:
I was the archaeologist with the Chinese expedition in the summer of 2008 and was given photos of what they now are reporting to be the inside of the Ark. I and my partners invested $100,000 in this expedition (described below) which they have retained, despite their promise and our requests to return it, since it was not used for the expedition. The information given below is my opinion based on what I have seen and heard (from others who claim to have been eyewitnesses or know the exact details).
To make a long story short: this is all reported to be a fake. The photos were reputed to have been taken off site near the Black Sea, but the film footage the Chinese now have was shot on location on Mt. Ararat. In the late summer of 2008 ten Kurdish workers hired by Parasut, the guide used by the Chinese, are said to have planted large wood beams taken from an old structure in the Black Sea area (where the photos were originally taken) at the Mt. Ararat site. In the winter of 2008 a Chinese climber taken by Parasut’s men to the site saw the wood, but couldn’t get inside because of the severe weather conditions. During the summer of 2009 more wood was planted inside a cave at the site. The Chinese team went in the late summer of 2009 (I was there at the time and knew about the hoax) and was shown the cave with the wood and made their film. As I said, I have the photos of the inside of the so-called Ark (that show cobwebs in the corners of rafters – something just not possible in these conditions) and our Kurdish partner in Dogubabyazit (the village at the foot of Mt. Ararat) has all of the facts about the location, the men who planted the wood, and even the truck that transported it.​

So, Modus Operandi, you. Fox news, and a mass of others, were duped.

DeletedUser

i don't believe that, he just wanted to pretend it had been faked to back up his point
He wanted to prove the Flood wrong

DeletedUser

"we are indeed in the Last Days of this system of things" - blondie
"No we cannot say when the world will end" - modus operandi

C'mon you bible-bashers, sort it out! You can't even agree amongst yourselves, so how you gonna win us over?

It will come as a thief in the night- when you are least expecting it
Well, I certainly don't expect it at all. Wait! ... that when it's likely to come, so I'd better change my mind and start expecting it real soon. Oh no, now I'm expecting it so it won't come and I'm back where I was {repeat ad nauseam}.

And how would a fake ark disprove that there was a real one? *I'm not expecting any kind of sensible answer here*

DeletedUser

C'mon you bible-bashers, sort it out!
Different Versions = Different interpretations

Yea you better expect it, 'cus you never know

Your PC might explode. You lose 1145 Health Points, you have passed out. You lost all your money and experience. You are tired, but are you ready to die?

Mod Op

DeletedUser

i don't believe that, he just wanted to pretend it had been faked to back up his point
He wanted to prove the Flood wrong
Modus Operandi, do you even care to research anything before you blab away?

Randall Price is attempting to do quite the opposite, which is why he financially, and physically, backed the efforts to find Noah's ark. Randall Price has a track record of legitimate archeological efforts (albeit, he has been known to get exuberant on occasion, but for the most part he's been above-board). Just to blurb his info:

Randall Price is a Th.M. graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary in Old Testament and Semitic Languages and holds a Ph.D. in Middle Eastern Studies from the University of Texas at Austin. He has studied at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, is Distinguished Research Professor and Executive Director of the Center for Judaic Studies at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.

He has served as Director of Excavations on the Qumran Plateau in Israel (site of the community that preserved the Dead Sea Scrolls) since 2002 and has excavated at other sites in Israel since 1990.

He also is President of World of the Bible Ministries, Inc., a non-profit organization doing seminal research in the biblical lands and educating the public on archaeological, biblical issues and the Middle East conflict through books, media, and conferences.

In 2009, he drew media attention when fielding an expedition to Turkey to find Noah's Ark.[1]

He has authored over 20 books and films on the Bible, and is often a guest on television programs. ~ http://www.raptureready.com/who/Randall_Price.html
This particular expedition, which you insist is legitimate, included Chinese and Turkish persons who swindled $100,000 from Randall Price and his colleagues, posing a mock expedition. ~ http://www.worldofthebible.com/news.htm

Please also review the links I provided in my previous post.

DeletedUser

[/INDENT"Fox news, and a mass of others, were duped."
I agree with everything but this. Fox news wasn't duped, they say things that "some people say" or that "some studies/findings/experiments/reports show" Without citing their sources. When proved wrong they post their corrections on there website which noone looks at. End result being they passed on their agenda to viewers

DeletedUser

I agree with everything but this. Fox news wasn't duped, they say things that "some people say" or that "some studies/findings/experiments/reports show" Without citing their sources. When proved wrong they post their corrections on there website which noone looks at. End result being they passed on their agenda to viewers

Isn't that what all/most major news stations do?

DeletedUser

Fox pioneered it and MSNBC followed in there footsteps. They both are illegitimate "news" stations. Other then that... no not really

DeletedUser

(( As we're going off topic, perfect time for a lock. 10 pages long since past. Good and fun debate. Everyone keep in mind, we're a community. We can disagree, but in the end we're all one happy dysfunctional family that likes to kill each other ingame. See you at the next big debate! ))

Status
Not open for further replies.