Peace times?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1693871
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1693871

As we do every year, we declare peace time over our worlds so no fort battles will be able to commence over the following times:

24 Dec 14 12:01 AM until 26 Dec 14 11:59 PM
30 Dec 14 12:01 AM until 1 Jan 14 11:59 PM

Above is what Da Twista posted a few days ago.

Now I for one had assumed that the times stated would be when battles could not take place. However in Arizona we have a battle tomorrow evening at 8 pm. Does this seriously mean we have peace times that allow battles on Christmas Eve, one of the main times when people have better things to do than attack or defend a fort? Or has a mistake been made in the implementation, so that the 1 day delay between dig and battle time has been overlooked?

DeletedUser33353

I believe it has always meant that you could not dig during those times. At least in the last few years I seem to remember Christmas Eve battles.

Deleted User - 1693871

That makes no sense at all. It means we can have battles during the evening on Christmas Eve, but not during the evening on December 27th. I think it needs shifting forward one day.

DeletedUser

I believe it has always meant that you could not dig during those times. At least in the last few years I seem to remember Christmas Eve battles.

Yeah, that is how they explained it when everyone was confused a couple of years ago. Cannot dig on the 24th and 25th and 26th, so no battles occur on the 25th or 26th or 27th. We just had our last battle before peace times on El Dorado, and it occurred on the 24th at 1 a.m.

According to the Server Info tab, this is what is listed as peace times.

Times of peace
From 24.12.* 00:01 to 26.12.* 23:59
From 30.12.* 00:01 to 31.12.* 23:59
From 01.01.* 00:01 to 01.01.* 23:59

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonnie Lassie

I agree with Felicity - it's the wrong timing. In many places, including Germany, the evening of the 24th is a big celebration and it's already Christmas Day morning in Australia, New Zealand, etc.

DeletedUser8627

Hi,

Peace times were determined according to public holidays and not having battles take place over these specific days, hence why battles could resume on the 27th.

I have made some adjustments on the most recent battles and moved them over to the 26th. Not something I find ideal according to the original schedule but we did get a few complaints about it so we decided to accommodate some of these players.