Ooo look, that's where Moses ...

DeletedUser

Someone else pointed out that science actually bears out the Creation account's sequence. The spot on Mt. Sinai where Moses spoke with God and received The Tablets has also been identified scientifically using the Biblical accts to locate it and scientifically verifying it as the most likely explanation for the evidence found at the site.
So as not to derail a different discussion, I respond to this bit of drivel separately. Hi Caveman, please provide your evidence to support these assertions. I mean, I know this is complete bullocks, but I would like to see what you can present, thanks. ;)

Oh, and please note there are two points here. One is the claim of science bearing out Genesis' presentation on the sequence of Creation, and the other is on scientific identification as to where, specifically, Moses obtained (or fabricated) the commandments.

Btw, you do realize Moses didn't actually obtain 10 commandments, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Many are telling you "613" but that total includes double-counting (or triple-counting) all of the commandments that are repeated. Much of Deuteronomy, for example, re-hashes commandments already given in Exodus, and many are given more than once in Exodus. The 10 commandments themselves are given twice, with a third version (slightly different from the other two) thrown in for good measure -- in Leviticus, I believe. It would take a careful study to weed out the duplicates, and for that I have not time, but I'd bet the true number is closer to 400 than 613.

When Moses came down from Sinai the second time, he announced to the people of Israel: " I have some good news and some bad news"

"The good news is that I've got him down to ten"
" The bad news is that adultery is still in".

That was a joke btw ;)

DeletedUser

Well, I should have known better than to get involved in these debates.

Hellstrom it is obvious you have no interest in having an open discussion since it looks like you even disagree with those who agree with you. But such is the way of these debates usually. The unbelievers scoff and heap scorn and insults on anything others say.

I heard about (or read about) that thing about Mt. Sinai several years ago and it may take some searching to find it, of course you'll quickly shout it down and convincingly (in your own mind) disprove it so I see little point in continuing to play your game here.

I was also reminded of Jesus' words about casting pearls before swine, recently (and not by any person either) so I will not be sharing my thoughts or my faith with you any more.

DeletedUser

Well, I should have known better than to get involved in these debates.

Hellstrom it is obvious you have no interest in having an open discussion since it looks like you even disagree with those who agree with you. But such is the way of these debates usually. The unbelievers scoff and heap scorn and insults on anything others say.

I heard about (or read about) that thing about Mt. Sinai several years ago and it may take some searching to find it, of course you'll quickly shout it down and convincingly (in your own mind) disprove it so I see little point in continuing to play your game here.

I was also reminded of Jesus' words about casting pearls before swine, recently (and not by any person either) so I will not be sharing my thoughts or my faith with you any more.
I agree with this post 120%.

I myself have scientific proof of the authenticity of the Biblical account of the Ten Commandments. Yes, here it is....oh....hang on a sec, I seem to have mislaid it. Well, anyway it was a few years ago but I don't suppose anyone is really interested in the science as they already doubtless have their own opnions and probably can't even agree with themselves, lol. I mean, I know this would be the hugest scientific discovery in history but I suppose with all the scoffing and scorning going on, nobody noticed it.
Anyway, you are all swine.
I shall go away and sulk for a while.

DeletedUser

wow, that's some wierd logic, you are effectively saying that;

since you are arguing against me, and are an unbeliever/heretic, you obviously don't deserve the 'evidence' that I can't find.

nice argument there. really effective.

DeletedUser

Hmm, thought you were going to keep participating in debates because you learned things from it. Ah well, I guess that juicy green rep I gave you recently was a bit premature. Have fun watching from the sidelines ye who hath no evidence to support thine silly claims.

DeletedUser

If by and scientific means that we can prove the existence of god then and only then will i become a believer, until then i am what you will call a heretic.

DeletedUser

Oh golly gee whiz!!! Did I OFFEND someone? I had no idea you all were such delicate flowers. DO please forgive me.

For the record, I did not call ANYONE a swine. If you had taken the time to google "cast not your pearls before swine" you would have found that is part of a teaching that my Lord gave to his disciples about-guess what-getting into stupid debates about Godly things with unbelievers who don't care about knowing God anyway.

I've been in too many over the years and like I said, I should have know better. BTDT, got the hat, t-shirt, sweat shirt, jacket, coffee mug, and pin up calendar and I'm not interested in building the collection any more.

I'm more than willing to stay and have some sensible, intelligent discussions, but there's gonna be some ground rules first.

HS, thanks for the "rep?" but the great unicorn hasn't revealed to me how that crap works yet so I never pay any attention to it. Maybe I'll have to sacrifice a virgin gerbil to the great pumpkin instead.

Uh, WaDo? Good luck with that one.

DeletedUser

Oh golly gee whiz!!! Did I OFFEND someone? I had no idea you all were such delicate flowers. DO please forgive me.

For the record, I did not call ANYONE a swine. If you had taken the time to google "cast not your pearls before swine" you would have found that is part of a teaching that my Lord gave to his disciples about-guess what-getting into stupid debates about Godly things with unbelievers who don't care about knowing God anyway.

I've been in too many over the years and like I said, I should have know better. BTDT, got the hat, t-shirt, sweat shirt, jacket, coffee mug, and pin up calendar and I'm not interested in building the collection any more.

I'm more than willing to stay and have some sensible, intelligent discussions, but there's gonna be some ground rules first.

HS, thanks for the "rep?" but the great unicorn hasn't revealed to me how that crap works yet so I never pay any attention to it. Maybe I'll have to sacrifice a virgin gerbil to the great pumpkin instead.

Uh, WaDo? Good luck with that one.
No need for the put-down about people being over-sensitive. I really think you were the one who felt offended here.
And I'm pretty familiar with the Bible (more than most Christians actually). My dad has even written an interpretation of the NT, which I had the 'pleasure' of proof-reading. The metaphorical 'pearls' in your post are your opinions, and the metaphorical 'swine' are we who question them, That's unambiguous. You could have gone with "the fool has said in his heart "there is no God"' and called us fools, but insults do not an argument make.

Some posters can be prety scathing, but it's all part of the rough-and-tumble of internet forums, and we are not a bunch of mindless bashers. Mostly we are up for an intelligent discussion, so when you said there was scientific evidence for the Mosaic account it was perfectly reasonable for HS to ask for justification for that statement. I call upon you to either back it up or retract it.

DeletedUser

Yep, I'm with Eli on this one. You stated it, I'm calling you to provide the evidence.

As well, even though Jesus insulted people by calling them swines and fools doesn't make it okay, right? Quoting someone insulting others as an example of the circumstances you're now in, is indeed an insult to those others. By quoting such and applying that quote in such a manner, you were indeed calling us swine.

DeletedUser

Look, I have clearly demonstrated in another thread (about Easter iirc) that I have no problem retracting or modifying any statements I've made. In fact I was openly commended for it.

Eli & HS have commented that I offended you all or that there was no need to. Well did you ever stop to think about how I felt?

Let me just say that retractions are not the problem here. Its the demeaning and insulting ways you "called" me on some issues. Sorry, but I find it VERY offensive and I do not possess the "patience of Job". I'm not a saint. I'm just a man. Maybe this "rough & tumble internet" thing ain't my cup of tea. I've to be respectful of all of you in my ramblings, but I don't feel that has been reciprocated by many of the posters in our religious discussions.

So I ask you. Do you want to continue our discussion? Or more to the point, are you truly interested in learning about this? If so, can we keep it respectful?

In the meantime I've done a little searching around and have found some compelling (to me) evidence to support what I said, HOWEVER its not conclusive at this time.

DeletedUser

Hehe, it was an insult you posed, but I wasn't offended. Been on the net long enough to grow skin thicker than a rhino's hairless buttocks. ;)

If you took offense to my requesting evidence to support your claims of evidence, that's an interesting reaction --- but unwarranted. It's a bit on the common sense route that when someone claims there's evidence supporting an assertion, others would request to see that evidence when they question the validity of the assertion. That's where I'm at.

As to this thread, I created it from your statement on a different thread so as not to derail the other thread that was on a different topic. If I requested the evidence in the other thread, you would likely not have taken such offense, but it would have been disruptive to the other thread and likely caused it to derail, which is something I'm trying to encourage members of this community to stop doing.

Now, back on topic... let's see that evidence you find not so compelling?