Notification of Bounty Placed on Head.

DeletedUser

I'll keep this short and sweet.

Like trader, like no more camping, like bounties, BRAVO! But surely an in game message should accompany whenever another player puts a bounty on your head.

I had $9k on my head on W11 yesterday (which is possibly understandable). And today I had $2k on my head on Briscoe. I never actually started a duel other than to get KO'd for a free ride home on Briscoe!

No matter, I conclude, an in game message about the bounty placed on your head listing the player that did so and the value of the bounty would be appreciated, annoymous hate = bad!

DeletedUser13636

I like this idea for sure! Thumbs up! Would certainly be nice to know when a bounty is posted on you without having to search the sheriff everytime you log in.

DeletedUser

A simple:

A bounty of the value $4023 has been placed on the head of Miss Sarajevo by the player Scumsucker from the town of Scumsuckers Inc. To collect this bounty defeat Miss Sarajevo in a duel.

Would suffice if sent to the player the bounty is placed on and the allies of the player placing the bounty.

DeletedUser16008

Absolutely. And whilst on the subject it dosnt seem right that if a player who has a bounty on his head duels and loses then the bounty gets picked up by the winner. Surely to collect a bounty on someone you should have to initiate the duel and win, not just get lucky.

DeletedUser22575

Absolutely. And whilst on the subject it dosnt seem right that if a player who has a bounty on his head duels and loses then the bounty gets picked up by the winner. Surely to collect a bounty on someone you should have to initiate the duel and win, not just get lucky.

I agree with this.

DeletedUser25487

Not sure I understand why killing someone on defense is worse than on offense... the stated goal of declaring the bounty is accomplished either way. If a guy with too much tactics wants to camp a job site hoping stupid criminals will do his job for him, I doubt the sheriff would mind.

I was also against the idea of letting players know when they had a bounty, because it would make it easier for players to use one of the many loopholes to get rid of it. You could even make the argument that a player could dump his bounty to an idling buddy within 10 minutes of getting the notification. But there's so many freakin holes I can't even begin to worry about it... it's like trying to keep your laptop free of dust in the middle of a filthy 15-year-old's bedroom.

DeletedUser16008

Well there were bounty hunters and it was unlikely that if some uninformed punk got lucky in a duel he would even be aware there was a bounty and therefore unlikely that the sheriff would find out.

Least thats the way i see it tho I know what you mean Murrough. Woops there goes that car careering down the roadmap out of control again.

DeletedUser16628

I agree that there should be an in-game message sent whenever a bounty has been placed on your head.I also would love to see the bounty only collected on a KO on an attack it's to easy this way IMO.

DeletedUser

Couldn't agree more with you. Im sure they will sort this out soon.

DeletedUser

This need to be sorted out for sure ! Would spiced up the chase :D

DeletedUser

I agree with this , because beeing able to put a bounty on your own head u may also be targetted by a member of your alliance...and is fair for everyone to know that....:cool:

DeletedUser

If it's a concern, you can always check the sheriff's office.

In reality, if you were a wanted desperado with a price on your pretty head you wouldn't know about it until you went into town and looked at the wanted notices or some punk drew his gun on you.

And the anonymity of the poster should be preserved - bounty is a way for a non-dueler to respond to being beaten up without having some vengeful cuss make their life a misery.

DeletedUser

this is a good idea, would be nice. it shows up if your wanted if you look at your profile under ranking, but would be better if you were notified when the bounty is placed. im just disappointed i was only worth $1045!