New World?

DeletedUser

When should the next server come out? You can either say when you want it to, or when you think it actually will. Please say which you are answering in your post.

DeletedUser19209

ha, ha, ha.... they can't even fill the servers they have

DeletedUser

Never, have you not looked at the last world? massive baron areas with hardly any towns, only 8359 players and only 6756 of those are above level 10. I'd be suprised if there was more than 5000 active players. Also the amount of players on vacation is large as well, probably given up......... new worlds are dead in the water.

DeletedUser8627

There won't be any new worlds until the merging of worlds have been done.

DeletedUser23201

so its a definite the worlds will merge?? will it be this year

DeletedUser2708

There won't be any new worlds until the merging of worlds have been done.

Technically, this could be interpreted a couple of different ways. There have been lots of rumors before, but never any real firm statement that the devs are indeed planning on merging worlds, just that they were looking into it as a potential possibility. So does this make it "official" then, or does it just mean that we will only see a new world open IF AND WHEN the devs ever decide to merge worlds?

DeletedUser16008

waste of time merging a couple of worlds now ... its far too late....... either merge 5 or 6 or dont bother ...:cool:

Inno killed the game dead last year anyways.... classic case of too much focus on fast profit not enough on sustainability... serves them right.

DeletedUser16628

No question the worst I've seen it since my first day.I'm putting w11-12-13 on vacation tomorrow.Lack of time @ the moment is forcing me to do this but have noticed the worlds thinning fast.

DeletedUser14793

They should merge worlds 1-10 into 1 world, merge worlds 11 and 12 together, AZ and Bris together. that way you got 3 worlds with 20k players each and another 10k on colorado. 90% of the worlds 1-10 have barely over 1k players, nothing but a ghosttown.

DeletedUser

They should merge worlds 1-10 into 1 world, merge worlds 11 and 12 together, AZ and Bris together. that way you got 3 worlds with 20k players each and another 10k on colorado. 90% of the worlds 1-10 have barely over 1k players, nothing but a ghosttown.

Colorado only has 8359 players of which 6756 are above level 10, so I think 10K is a massive over-estimate, probably by 50% at least.

DeletedUser

You seem to think that no one plays on multiple worlds in 1-10. Merging that many worlds won't even give half the combined total of players for those worlds and losing several accounts is not going to make people happy, which will lead to even more people quitting. You also seem to have forgotten that world 1 is CLASSIC PREMIUM and 2 hour jobs. It has already been decided that world 1 will not be changing, does that mean everyone on that merged world will be subjected to classic premium and 2 hour jobs whether they want it or not?

DeletedUser14793

they should turn every world to classic prem, Full prem is what ruined the game to begin with. Not to mention many of the non-thought out updates and not listening to there customer base. If they dont do something drastic soon to fix the bleeding of ppl this game wont even be online in another year.

DeletedUser15057

I would take a guess and say that any merging of worlds will result in a great number of non prem players leaving the game, even if they became classic premium worlds, basically because the players who use high-prem will still hold those advantages previously gained from the old worlds. So really it will just be transferring the status quo without any in-game benefits for non-prem. And it would be a mess to nerf the prem players advantages at this stage.

DeletedUser

they should turn every world to classic prem, Full prem is what ruined the game to begin with. Not to mention many of the non-thought out updates and not listening to there customer base. If they dont do something drastic soon to fix the bleeding of ppl this game wont even be online in another year.

Worlds 2-10 aren't FULL PREMIUM, they're ENHANCED PREMIUM. I've never heard of anyone quitting because of buying products, halving waytime, instant deposits and market deliveries, which are conveniences that don't give a huge advantage. Placate shaman has caused a bit more of an imbalance between premium and non-premium, but I know enough people who have found third keys without premium, including one who has gotten her GG on five worlds without spending a single nugget.

People complain about buying AP/SP, and I don't like it myself, but it hasn't caused any rampant imbalances that I've seen. Two hour jobs suck, especially when you're used to one hour jobs and shoving that down everyone's throats would upset more people than it makes happy. You seem to be under the impression that everybody on w1 loves classic premium and two hour jobs. Have the votes been landslides in favor of keeping it that way? No, they haven't.

DeletedUser25606

I think arguing about merging worlds is kinda pointless , it's a safe bet to say most on worlds play mulitple ,especially on the older worlds , so all it will do is annoy players more(unfortunatly)

Vic pretty much summed it up ,game was killed last yr , fast profit over long term ,and awful customer service at the time.

I give it a yr on the outside ,while i'll say im liking the change in tone in the new CM and i think that's reflecting well through the staff ,it's all too late , inno brought this on themselves coupled with basil faulty customer service ,serves ya right ,but i really wish it didnt take this path

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe they could make a new world and allow you to transfer one character to it, or you could start a new one there. Or they could transfer all accounts from worlds x-z to one server and allow players to have multiple accounts on that, but make special rules to prevent abuse.

DeletedUser22685

People are forgetting that advertising was dropped down to a next-to-nothing level in 2011 and Inno plan to increase that again throughout 2012. I know I for one was brought to this game via an ad I happened to see on another website, and I daresay most other players that have stayed here long-term are in the same boat as me. It doesn't matter how good a game is, people are always going to run out of time or get bored and quit. What is needed is a steady flow of new blood coming in to keep the player base up, and that's what The West is lacking. Colorado did not get the huge numbers that previous new servers have gotten due to outside advertising. I believe that once The West's advertising is increased as promised (surely Inno can afford it after selling all those premium chests), we'll see an increase and stability of the player count.

DeletedUser25606

I did'nt think it was worth mentioning
Inno was advertising it's new mmorpg or whatever there called (i would've thought that was a pretty flooded marketplace already ) but it's more about exsisting players leaving ,and colorado had almost 30k players (i joined about 3 weeks after it started and watched it rise,then fall) so it'd be fair to say the problems not attracting people , it's keeping the loyal and long term customers and while it's valid to say some just get bored and quit ,it's also dismissive to think that was the main reason and maybe even short sighted to think it doesnt matter if people quit ,we'll just get new ones,just opinion though:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's like anything, some will stay and play for a little while, others longer, and some will play for even longer, some will stop playing and not return, while others will come back.