New Update???

DeletedUser

This new update has confused me. For a while the 2 hour option was gone and i was working one hour shifts and really liked it. Now the 2 hour option is back. I thought the new update was supposed to make it only a hour. If someone could explain this that would be good maby this only applies to new worlds to?

DeletedUser

Halved jobtimes are ment only for new worlds. Maybe they'll add that feature to old worlds in the future, but that's not decided yet.
It was temporarily available in worlds 11 and 12, but that was an error and now it's fixed back to "normal" 2h.

DeletedUser

So nothing was really updated in terms of old worlds besides looks?

DeletedUser

As far as I know, yes. And that due to people boo-ing the update. This is not permanent, changes will come as soon as there will be a decision taken.

DeletedUser

close call!! I had almost decided to delete my a/c on both these worlds...

DeletedUser

Few people protested against 1 hour jobs instead of 2 hour.
I thought that would be updated on old worlds.

DeletedUser

The update had to come. Because there were so many different opinions, old worlds got only a few changes and new worlds (11 and 12) got all the changes. I was waiting for that work time change too.

DeletedUser

i see that I can still do three 2 hour jobs on world 11 and 12!! and thats really strange!!

DeletedUser

I have premium Automation on W12, logged on, got knocked off while they updated, got back on and scheduled many 1 hour jobs, each soaking up 24 energy. I was already in the middle of a 2 hour job scheduled before I went to bed last night. It finished up and I got typical EXP and $ from it. Then, before my first "new 1-hour" job completed, they reverted back to the old job-times. All my 1 hour jobs are still one hour, but I'm only getting "old 1-hour" results from them. If I cancel them, I'm only getting back 12 energy. Slips like this irritate the piss outta me. I was going to level up and refill my energy without needing sleep today, but now I have to schedule some sleep before I'll be able to earn the EXP to do that.

But, I can still schedule 8 jobs.. Partial implementation of the new job-scheduling planned for 1.27. I love the lack of communication and explanation in the change logs I've been able to root up here in the forums. (And the total lack of communication to me directly by the people I'm paying money to for providing this entertainment.):unsure:

DeletedUser

very sad, that they removed max only one hour jobs...:(
It would be fun try it :)

DeletedUser

I liked the 1 hour job thing - but it seems they have reverted back

DeletedUser

Is still under discussion. If people didn't boo all that much, we would have it already.

DeletedUser21320

I liked the 1 hour job thing - but it seems they have reverted back

Allowing the three 2-hour jobs is one of the few things I *do* like about the update. It allows me to schedule the game around my RL time much more efficiently. I'm actually playing more now.

DeletedUser

Allowing the three 2-hour jobs is one of the few things I *do* like about the update. It allows me to schedule the game around my RL time much more efficiently. I'm actually playing more now.

Actually playing more now..? They just did this on W12, have you had it longer than 6 hours? If not, how can you say you're playing more already:rolleyes:

I think they didn't mean to do that.. it was supposed to be 3 1-hour jobs or 8 1-hour jobs with Automation premium. As it is now, it's 3 or 8 2-hour jobs.. silly because it'd be very seldom that you can have enough energy built up to schedule that much. Though I guess it is nice that you can schedule things that don't require energy without worrying about not using your energy before it overflows in certain situations..

DeletedUser

Is still under discussion. If people didn't boo all that much, we would have it already.
Duduie I believe it wasn't that much about 1 hour job. Majority of jobworking players agree that it's a nice feature which enables you to do more jobs per day.
The true mutiny on the Bounty got happening when nugget buying skills feature somehow slipped into w11 and w12. Thank god, it was fixed later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The nuggets for skills feature seems to benefit only the creators of the game and the few players who have so much money they can use it for toilet paper.. the cost per purchase doubles every time. The first skill points would be something around $0.50 (US) (if purchasing 1000 nuggets at a time), the 2nd = $1, 3rd = $2... the 10th skill point would cost $256 in real US currency. I've witnessed activity in other games that would seem to indicate that users are dumping hundreds if not thousands into online worlds that are finite in length of play (2 years or less). This means that for the average cost of a game playable online, you could purchase 6 or 7 skill points. Anything beyond that, and you're insane.

That said, I don't mind it being added so that the game devs can bump their revenue stream from these financial elites, as long as it means that it allows the devs to continue to develop the game to be better for the rest of us, free players and moderate Premium users alike. I don't mind paying ~$5 a month to get more enjoyment from a game like this, but I know that (it seems) many people won't pay anything and feel that the devs exist in this life just to entertain them. For all the people in democratic/capitalistic economies who seem to be fine with allowing the "rich" to shoulder the brunt of the publicly available benefits, you'd think there wouldn't be so much opposition to allowing a few people to spend gobs of cash to have only a slight advantage over those who spend very modestly in game.

DeletedUser

The nuggets for skills feature seems to benefit only the creators of the game and the few players who have so much money they can use it for toilet paper.. the cost per purchase doubles every time. The first skill points would be something around $0.50 (US) (if purchasing 1000 nuggets at a time), the 2nd = $1, 3rd = $2... the 10th skill point would cost $256 in real US currency. I've witnessed activity in other games that would seem to indicate that users are dumping hundreds if not thousands into online worlds that are finite in length of play (2 years or less). This means that for the average cost of a game playable online, you could purchase 6 or 7 skill points. Anything beyond that, and you're insane.

That said, I don't mind it being added so that the game devs can bump their revenue stream from these financial elites, as long as it means that it allows the devs to continue to develop the game to be better for the rest of us, free players and moderate Premium users alike. I don't mind paying ~$5 a month to get more enjoyment from a game like this, but I know that (it seems) many people won't pay anything and feel that the devs exist in this life just to entertain them. For all the people in democratic/capitalistic economies who seem to be fine with allowing the "rich" to shoulder the brunt of the publicly available benefits, you'd think there wouldn't be so much opposition to allowing a few people to spend gobs of cash to have only a slight advantage over those who spend very modestly in game.

I cann't pay ffor this game... my family has rougly 10 GBP's left after paying rent/buying food/paying all bills. How am I supposed to afford the premium? how am I supposed to keep up with the other players?

DeletedUser

Darrenb209, sorry but I have to say this. Games are luxury. Wanna play? Then pay.
The only problem are misguiding advertisments with "Free3play forever!". Yea right. Free to get a breakdown.