New quests (specific question)

DeletedUser14006

Of all the new quests can anyone confirm which ones are time specific xmas quests and which quests will be available all year?

It may be obvious but I just want to make sure ;)

Sheriff John Fitzburn

Escape from prison (A harmless transport of prisoners)
Paths of communication (Information is often worth more than gold)

Barkeeper Henry Walker

Christmas (Where did I put my candles?)
How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate I)
Tomorrow's headline (Put out on the street)

Maya Roalstad

Christmas (Jack Frost)
Angel of love (Mike and Jenny)

Waupee

The great journey (Help a tribe)

DeletedUser14006

I just received the following info:

Henry
Christmas (Oh Tannenbaum, oh Tannenbaum): wood (1) -> $15, 40 XP
Christmas (Where did I put my candles?): digging graves (2 hours) -> $50, 75 XP
Christmas (What is it that smells so good here?): 3xflour, harvesting fields (2h) -> 50XP
Christmas (A gift horse...): sugar (1), oranges (1), quarter (1), cigars (1) -> $250, 125 XP

Tomorrow's headline (Nothing happening in the streets): defeat Bob -> 25 XP
Tomorrow's headline (Put out on the street): printing newspaper (4h) -> 50 XP
Tomorrow's headline (Read all about it, read all about it): newspapers (5), selling newspapers (5h) -> 50 XP, $25

How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate I): berries (3), sugar (3) -> $25, 50 XP
How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate II): corn (3) -> $50, 25 XP
How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate III): putting up posters (6h) -> 75 XP
How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate IV): turkey (1), ham (2), steaks (2) -> $75, 100 XP
How the festivals fall (The day after): defeat drunk -> 150 XP, $150

John
Christmas (Wanted: Man in a red coat): exploration (6h) -> 125 XP

Paths of communication (Information is often worth more than gold): rolls with wire (5) -> 150 XP
Paths of communication (When the postman rings once): catching horses (10h) -> 150 XP
Paths of communication (When the postman rings twice): saddle (2) -> 50 XP
Paths of communication (When the postman rings three times): repairing a covered wagon (8h) -> 250 XP
Paths of communication (When the postman rings for the last time): guarding the stagecoach (10h) -> 500 XP, unknown

Escape from prison (A harmless transport of prisoners): shackle (1) -> 250 XP, $500
Escape from prison (Correction of a mistake): Stealing Horses (4h) -> 150 XP, $300
Escape from prison (Under cover): Selling guns to Indians (4h) -> 150 XP, $300
Escape from prison (Someone has to do it!): Grave robber (8h) -> 150 XP, $150

Maya
Christmas (Jack Frost): coal (2) -> $5, 75 XP
Christmas (The Christmas star): [A gift horse] Treasure hunt (10 hours) -> 250 XP, $750, unknown

Angel of love (Mike and Jenny): trading (4h) -> $50, 75 XP
Angel of love (Love with obstacles): trout (1), gemstones (1) -> 100 XP
Angel of love (And after the love comes...): free -> 100 XP
Angel of love (War of roses): building coffins (2h) -> 50 XP
Angel of love (Tomorrow's widow): Duel -> $500, 250 XP, 1 charisma

Waupee
Christmas (Decorations for the tree): gemstones (1), fools' gold (2) -> $150, 100 XP
Christmas (What's that strange smell?): oranges (2), tobacco (5) -> 50 XP, 1 stamina

The great journey (Help a tribe): wood (10), sawing wood (8h) -> $100, 25 XP
The great journey (Prepare horses for the journey): shoeing horses (8) -> $75, 50 XP
The great journey (The need for food): salmon (7), berries (10), warm meal (5) -> $25
The great journey (Water is waiting...): glass of water (10), jug (5) -> 150 XP

Problem here is that this quest is not showing in the saloon for me:

Waupee
Christmas (Decorations for the tree): gemstones (1), fools' gold (2) -> $150, 100 XP
Christmas (What's that strange smell?): oranges (2), tobacco (5) -> 50 XP, 1 stamina

I am level 89 so I cannot figure what may be wrong, any suggestions?

DeletedUser

I told you the Christmas quests weren't all linear. Finishing certain quests unlocks others from other quest givers and some are available simultaneously.

DeletedUser

I just received the following info:

Henry
Christmas (Oh Tannenbaum, oh Tannenbaum): wood (1) -> $15, 40 XP
Christmas (Where did I put my candles?): digging graves (2 hours) -> $50, 75 XP
Christmas (What is it that smells so good here?): 3xflour, harvesting fields (2h) -> 50XP
Christmas (A gift horse...): sugar (1), oranges (1), quarter (1), cigars (1) -> $250, 125 XP

Tomorrow's headline (Nothing happening in the streets): defeat Bob -> 25 XP
Tomorrow's headline (Put out on the street): printing newspaper (4h) -> 50 XP
Tomorrow's headline (Read all about it, read all about it): newspapers (5), selling newspapers (5h) -> 50 XP, $25

How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate I): berries (3), sugar (3) -> $25, 50 XP
How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate II): corn (3) -> $50, 25 XP
How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate III): putting up posters (6h) -> 75 XP
How the festivals fall (There is something to celebrate IV): turkey (1), ham (2), steaks (2) -> $75, 100 XP
How the festivals fall (The day after): defeat drunk -> 150 XP, $150

John
Christmas (Wanted: Man in a red coat): exploration (6h) -> 125 XP

Maya
Christmas (Jack Frost): coal (2) -> $5, 75 XP
Christmas (The Christmas star): [A gift horse] Treasure hunt (10 hours) -> 250 XP, $750, unknown

Waupee

Problem here is that this quest is not showing in the saloon for me:

Waupee

I am level 89 so I cannot figure what may be wrong, any suggestions?

You just need to complete some of the prior Christmas quests and they will show up.

If I am going to make a guess, I will do the christmas and festival quests first as they are likely to disappear soon, the others may be more long lasting, we don't know for sure.

DeletedUser

I don't see any reason why any quests besides Christmas and possible Festivals would be seasonal. I could see Angel, but not after you read the quest text.

DeletedUser

I was able to detect the Christmas quest lines:

- Maya's Jake Frost is a standalone quest.

The Christmas quest line is:
X-mas 1 ("O Christmas Tree!" from Henry)
X-mas 2 ("Where did I put my candles?" from Henry)
X-mas 3 ("What is it that smells so good here?" from Henry)
from here it splits into two branches:
X-mas A-4 ("Decorations for the tree" from Waupee)
X-mas A-5 ("What's that strange smell?" from Waupee)
and:
X-mas B-4 ("Wanted: Man in a red coat" from the Sheriff)
X-mas B-5 ("A gift horse..." from Henry)
X-mas B-6 ("The Christmas star" from Maya)

DeletedUser

Help me please

i'm not understanding where i go to get 2 chunks of coal and a christmas tree for to quests that i have. Can you help me?

DeletedUser

You get coal from the job coal mining.

and you don't need a Christmas tree, it's just part of the dialogue.

DeletedUser

i'm not understanding where i go to get 2 chunks of coal and a christmas tree for to quests that i have. Can you help me?

NEW Frequently Asked Questions > Items and Products

Q. How can I find <insert name of product>?
A. See West Stats product list.​

See also: Gem's Helpful Reference Section > I cannot see a job on the map!! It doesn't exist!

Go to that product list and look up coal and wood. Always read the product that is showing in quest requirements.

DeletedUser

I don't think that it is as I cannot see it...

I don't know why you can't, because Dj Storm is correct. I have it on w10 and I've done none of the Christmas quests there. Are you looking at Maya?

DeletedUser

So can anyone actually confirm which of these quests will disappear in a weeks time?

DeletedUser

I guess its just the ones titled Christmas. 4 from Henry,2 from Maya, and 2 from Waupee. I don't know when they disappear though.

I thought Henry's festival one might be a seasonal quest, but now I don't think so.

DeletedUser

how do I complete
Christmas (A gift horse...)

Sugar 1/1 (Done)
Oranges 1/1 (Done)
Quarter 0/1
Cigars 1/1 (Done)

I don't understand the quarter requierment....i have a quarter horse equiped .

DeletedUser

quarter as in getting the product quarter when doing the job shining shoes

DeletedUser

Are the current Christmas quests similar to what the game had last year?

I'm just wondering if we are going to be surprised with needing to get the fixings for a big holiday dinner, like Thanksgiving. You know, like company drops in at the last minute and you have to feed them, just like IRL. Just wondering if I ought to try for a ham & ??

Happy Holidays to all in The-West

Last edited by a moderator: