New job times: good or derptastic?

DeletedUser

I said once....and I say again the fourth time!!!!!!!

the only problem for me is............

The Work Hour

10 minutes of work is not long enough.....
2 minutes of chopping???...wth!!! not worth the money
please kindly give us the option of choosing our own time limit

DeletedUser

I said once....and I say again the fourth time!!!!!!!

the only problem for me is............

The Work Hour

10 minutes of work is not long enough.....
2 minutes of chopping???...wth!!! not worth the money
please kindly give us the option of choosing our own time limit

Fourth time. . . Four hundredth time, no one that can change it is listening, trust me :) there are so many people that hate the times, myself included, but the only response you'll get is "variable work times are not compatible with 2.0" basically they designed a system where if no one likes it, your only real option is to leave because they're not prepared to admit a mistake and fix it because it would be too much effort on their part.

Deleted User - 1278415

THinking of compromise how about adding more jobs that offer the same products like
carving out claims 2min
squatting on land -30min
squaring off land 60 min

all 3 jobs would give out the same items but let you work at various intervals. Problem you run into with this compromise is you have jobs all over the map like you use to with 1.0... hmm maybe we should have stuck with that. anyway.

how about adding more fort resources jobs that drop various materials.. similar to white water transport gives out various items. Have a fort store job that has resources needed for building forts as the various products that you get from jobs.

Have a crafting job, that gives out various resources that are needed for your crafting specialty. example coal or water or gold nuggets etc. And you would have option for 2 min, 10min, 30min, 60 min, 120 min.. meaning it would have 5 different job types at the 1 location.

Building on that how about at each circle ring of jobs you have a 2min, 10min, 30min and 60 min job. Right now you have rings that all are all mostly 2 min jobs. We need more varying jobs of higher times... or at least 1 60 min job per ring.

Or how about when a job is silver is then changed to a 30 min, and gold changes it from whatever it is to 60 min.

DeletedUser

THinking of compromise how about adding more jobs that offer the same products like
carving out claims 2min
squatting on land -30min
squaring off land 60 min

Like I said in one of the job time suggestion threads? That's cool though, if you want to develop the idea I'll support it. ;) I wouldn't mind some other tweaks as well, like short duration luck drops and motivation decrease. I can't remember if I actually said that in one of the idea threads or just thought it.

DeletedUser34464

Fixing motivation actually moving up my list of 'what needs fixed first' if they think this update is going to attract & hold players. The short jobs, you can 0 mot in a matter of minutes, and then have to wait three days for them to fully fill. Not such a big a deal if you higher leveled with more jobs to choose from, but new character on Dakota I can hardly find a job I can do over 70%.

Under 30 min jobs- mot should fully reload in a day. If you want people to sit & click there's got to be some payoff for doing it.

Jobs over an hour- need to add corresponding job under an hour.

Jobs under 30 min- add a"times selected" option; for example 1-10 time per queue slot.
That would actually make premium attractive for short jobs. There's no difference for example, on a 1 min job queueing for 4 min vs 9 min. but being able to queue 90+min of short jobs becomes attractive.

DeletedUser34664

so what has happened about this problem- looks like nothing has changed since november 2012.old system of doing 3 hours work at once much better now for 5 minute job would have to log on 12 times and hope job finished ie 3x5 mins=15 minsx4=1 hourx3=3 hours therefore need to log on 12 times.
this really sucks and with the duelling and fort system hard to comprehend think i will stop playing and wasting my time.

DeletedUser

I like to complain as much as anyone but where Inno are concerned I don't think it makes any difference, I don't believe they listen to the players. 2.0 is here and we can like it or lump it.

I think most everyone is demoralised now. Personally a month ago I was only logging in to collect my potatoes from the calender :hmf:

So then I decided to get motivated and make the best of the new system. My goal is to collect as much fort resources as possible, so our forts get built and fort fights get better.

This is what I do. In the morning when I log on I find a silver job and travel there. Doesn't matter where it is, just go. Offline time is for travelling and sleeping.

At lunchtime I spam that job, then sleep in the nearest hotel, 5 star, for at least 4 hours. In the evening I spam that job til energy is gone, then go home. I find motivation doesn't matter a whit for drop rates.

I can collect on average 4-6 bells per day or 20 flags p.d. or 25-30 wood p.d.(on felling trees or clearing forest) or 15 sledge hammers or beaver traps or hammers per day. Even got 4 toolboxes in a day on AZ recently.

If other people cared to, they could do the same. 10 people could collect 200 flags per day or 300 wood per day and your building your fort wouldn't be so onerous. But those I've talked to don't want to travel or have had a bad experience on a silver job and have written them off. I get skanked too occasionally, but that's life.

I wouldn't even consider doing a non-silver job. drop rates are completely demoralising.

Hellstrom made the point elsewhere that in the old old days things were much harder but people had more initiative, now everything is laid on and no one wants to graft.

I think a bigger problem is that the chats have been ruined and this is killing the community aspect which was a strength of the game. But thats off topic :p