Resolved New dueling/Bounty system update 1.29

DeletedUser16008

OK a couple of questions

1. If you initiate a duel on someone and by the time you get there they have moved on what happens.

2 Can you bounty people not in town ? And can they be hunted ?

3 How do you know if you have a bounty on your head and not in a town ?

DeletedUser

1. dunno, sorry

2. you can duel townless players if there is a bounty on their head

3. easily - join a town and check sheriff's office

DeletedUser16008

well if 2 is correct i feel sorry for all the questers advens etc out there they will be getting it all the time and wont even know its gonna happen. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser25707

I think explanation was that you can duel townless players with EXISTING bounties but you can't post bounties on townless players... or something like that.

DeletedUser

well if 2 is correct i feel sorry for all the questers advens etc out there they will be getting it all the time and wont even know its gonna happen. :rolleyes:
I feel nothing. They could play with a team and KO themself on a quest NPC duel if they don't want to be dueled. Instead of that, they've chosen they won't be a part of a community but would play for themself. A grek philosopher once said: Only a god or a beast can live on it's own. And they're not gods. If they think they are, now we'll check that up. ;)
And please do come on w13, I'm about to spend all my cash on setting bounties on townless players. Starting from #1 on the rank till I spend every single coin I have. :)

DeletedUser16008

ohh id say not everyone wants to be in a community all the time on every world. That was the idea of adventurers in the first place = questing townless hence the free sleep etc. For those wishing to quest without the town hassle.

DeletedUser

Adventurers were ment to play solo? What kind of devs' strategy is that?
If I wanted to play solo, then I'd stick with singleplayer RPGs.

DeletedUser16008

I think explanation was that you can duel townless players with EXISTING bounties but you can't post bounties on townless players... or something like that.

Would make more sense...

Far as i know Jox the point of being townless was to have peace from dueling if you didnt wish it... seemed fair to me not everyone wants to do the same thing in this game, especially when a lot play different worlds.. Take the adven quest black mountian it pays 10k any adven with sense would not be in a town when doing that quest... now hes gonna have to lose 20% of it by banking fast or run a very real risk of getting bountied...

ohh and for those not wishing to lose a load of cash by banking & staying out of town while questing I suggest you bank it double quick, seems youll be getting bountied very quickly..

Id like to know the real facts on townless dueling/bounties etc now pls

DeletedUser

You're right, I just tried it and it says in the red box: "you can't offer a bounty on players without a town".
Ok, although it's not fun at all and is a huge disapointment on my side, at least I keep my wealth to spend on the future pants. ;)

DeletedUser14006

How do I view other folk on the bounty list, is there somewhere to check out who else from outside town has a bounty on their head?

DeletedUser

wait, so you have to be a member of the town that has the bounty to hunt it? or can you hunt bounties as long as you're a member in a town.

DeletedUser

You're right, I just tried it and it says in the red box: "you can't offer a bounty on players without a town".
Ok, although it's not fun at all and is a huge disapointment on my side, at least I keep my wealth to spend on the future pants. ;)

And phew for that....... I have a town now, but I started as an adventurer to stay without a town, the reason being I had little time to play the game "Properly" so knew I would be safe without a town.
Anyway I'm still glad of the outcome as it would be truly unfair and force players to be in a town because there would be zero advantage without one and 100% disadvantage wouldn't there.
I just think your evil to be honest :laugh:

DeletedUser14006

wait, so you have to be a member of the town that has the bounty to hunt it? or can you hunt bounties as long as you're a member in a town.

It appears that way right now Blondie, maybe that will change with mor level upgrades on the sheriffs building.

So bounties on the west is like rep here on the forum, anonymous and pointless!

Surely you want somebody to know that you put up the $$$ to have them beat on :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5677

wait, so you have to be a member of the town that has the bounty to hunt it?
Wow, that's pretty lame. As if there was some kind of bounty hunters local 714 union hall that delegated authority over contracts? "Wanted, Dead or Alive"( by this town only, some restrictions may apply. Offer not valid to residents outside this jurisdiction.This disclaimer limits our liability. All rights reserved. Not valid with other offers or specials.Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited.)

DeletedUser25707

I think that the amount of Bounties you can see depend on level of Sheriff you have in town.

For example in my town when I open Sheriff and click on statistic it said there is 44 Bounties created in the world and only 6 are collected. That mean there is 38 Bounties still open. But since we have only level 3 Sheriff he show me only 15 Bounties... the remaining 23 I can't see. With level 4 Sheriff I'll probably see more Bounties.

DeletedUser17612

Do i get a bounty posted on someone even if i don't have sheriff in my town?

bounty.jpg

DeletedUser

I have a question. Does the bounty come out of your own personal funds?