Movie of the week.

DeletedUser17143

So whilst going through the old debates I came across JR's Movie of the week.

It's just a basic discussion thread where John Rose would post a movie, and let discussions occur. See what people think of them. So I'm going to start this again as it seems like a great thread and it had a really positive vibe. So I now welcome you to Yidboi's Movie of the Week.

Without further ado, here is our first movie:

drive-movie-poster-international-01-600x450.jpg

DeletedUser

Haven't seen it... I heard that it's entertaining at best. I bet this year had better films than this.

DeletedUser17143

We'll I personally thought it was a brilliant film. Although it is really quiet in parts because Gosling has about 20 lines in the entire movie. But after a slow 20 minute beginning, it quickly becomes worth it. Gosling is brilliant in his role, and the whole movie is actually really quite good. Especially when the killing begins. I would definitely recommend it.

DeletedUser17143

Seeing as not many people have seen this, I'll change quickly.

So seeing as this is The West. Lets go for a western.

yuma_dvd1.jpg

DeletedUser16008

Just watched Drive.

The first 20 - 30 mins are mind-numbingly boring and got the point it was a silent dialogue film pretty quickly but did they have to waste 20 mins of it ? yes the film gets better then sinks in and out of slow pointless drawn out scenes dispersed with very violent interludes.

I enjoyed it but kept going out to make a cup of tea etc in the slow parts. 5/10

3:10 is a very very good gritty western and one of crowes better accents ;) a very enjoyable film and a must for western buffs. 8/10

DeletedUser17143

Well no one seemed very interested in it other than about 3 people, so I thought it best to just let it fade away.

DeletedUser

Hehe, I used to do movie reviews for income (won an award, i'm such a stud). Can't say as I'm all too excited to do it for free. Still, I suppose I could pose a few if you're up to restarting this thread. ;)

DeletedUser17143

Sure. I have no problems with that.

Also, if anyone wants a certain movie to talk about, just PM me and I'll put it up as soon as I can.