Move to (job/player location)

Noobmic

Proposal
Make for every place on the map where is a job or a player to option to move there.

Current Workaround
For jobs an alternative is to set a 5 min job and you can move there.
For players on the map where you don't see any job there isn't any workaround.

Details
Now we have for every town a sign and when you mouse hover it you see "Go to town" and when you click on it you see a new window with "You can use the sign post to go to this town" and in the end you can move there. Same is for forts.

This idea is to implement "sign posts" for jobs and players on the map.

If a players moves and you set to move on his location you will move when that player was when you clicked on "Walk".

This idea can be helpful when you want to move longer distances but you want to go from step to step, not directly to final location.

One case that I was thinking is:
You want to go to a fort battle, you have 1 energy point, the distance to fort is 30 min, you can chose to move 10 min to a job or player, then you will have 2 energy, you will set a 5 min job then continue to fort.

Abuse Prevention
None that I can think of.

Visual Aids
If someone can add images for it ...

Summary
Add sign post icon on jobs and on players that will allow you to move where they are at the moment.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser22575

NO.

For a start if you can not see the job a player is doing (wrong equip or not enough LP) you should not be able to move to his location for travel unless you are going there to duel him which is possible.

There is nothing wrong with the present system, if you don't have the EP to que a 5 minute job wait a few minutes and you will, or travel to the closest town which requires no EP.

This idea provides no significant benefit or change to the present system versus what it would take to implement it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25632

NO.

For a start if you can not see the job a player is doing (wrong equip or not enough LP) you should not be able to move to his location for travel unless you are going there to duel him which is possible.

There is nothing wrong with the present system, if you don't have the EP to que a 5 minute job wait a few minutes and you will, or travel to the closest town which requires no EP.

This idea provides no significant benefit or change to the present system in regards to what it would take to implement it.

I agree 100% here.

DeletedUser22685

I'm not quite sure of your reasoning behind the idea Noobmic. The only use for this I could think of is if someone wants to duel someone that is located at at job you can't do and a donkey is part of your duelling kit, but you would rather travel using your quarter horse which is currently not possible due to not being able to change clothes while a duel is queued.

Noobmic

@Futurama I posted one posible case in the idea and your case is also good for this idea.

Noobmic

@TJ Tuttle do you have problems? Read again and be calm. As futurama said I will rewrite it maybe you will understand. You see a player on the map, you put best gear for travel. And set to to move there. After that you put gear for duel attack. After that you start duel.

In this way you don't do nothing illegal and you are most efficient in travel and in doing the duel.

DeletedUser

Noobmic this is really unnecessary on energy refill worlds, but only on those without it where you can't get an energy for 5 mins of work...
Then again, crafting will probably add energy pots, however to use them just for this looks silly.
And I don't see any possible abuse in this, you're practically trying to allow noenergy players to move on some map spot.

So, sure, why not. I'll say yes when this comes to vote.

Noobmic

@JoxerTM see also @futurama1001 post is also a good use of this feature for duelers.

Now they are people that pay just for losing time, but when I play a game I want to do everything perfect (if the time allows me). If you don't care about your in-game performance yes this feature isn't so useful, but if you thing based on:
if you don't have the EP to que a 5 minute job wait a few minutes and you will
then in a day you can loose at least 10 minutes ... just think in a week ... in a year how many minutes/days you wasted by waiting ... and this was the best case, if instead of 10 min per day you put 30 minutes, you will understand.

DeletedUser

you can also cancel the 5 minute job once you get to the job site.

Noobmic

@Galen M - you are right, but this applies only if you have those 2 energy from start.

I will give you an example for me where it can be useful (now I do much more time/energy calculation in order to do it right). Every time when I go to a fort battle I am with 0 energy max 1 energy, I calculate it so if I will die I will not lose energy at all. And in order to do this you need to make some calculations and by allowing travel to job/player in the travel time you can get some energy to que another job.

DeletedUser

if you are going to a fort fight, why not just travel directly to the fight? I really don't see a need for this implementation.

DeletedUser26406

I love this idea as it would help people get away from hungry duelers (during exciting chases)

I whipped up a Visual quick for you as well.
ax354.png

DeletedUser22575

@TJ Tuttle do you have problems? Read again and be calm. As futurama said I will rewrite it maybe you will understand. You see a player on the map, you put best gear for travel. And set to to move there. After that you put gear for duel attack. After that you start duel.

In this way you don't do nothing illegal and you are most efficient in travel and in doing the duel.

I have no problem. Just because someone disagrees with your idea does not mean they have a problem.

I can already put my best gear on and travel to a players location if I have the labor points to que the job. I can cancel the job and switch gears and duel that player now.

I can travel to any job on the map I have the labor points to do now under the present system.

If I don't have the LP now to travel to a specific spot on the map I can put on speed gear and travel to the closest town. There is generally one a few minutes away.

But despite the different ways to get someplace now under the present system you want to have "signpost" created:

1. So you can travel to a players location without challenging him because he is to high or low of level or you don't have the EP.

2. Travel to a job you don't have the LP to do at all or the EP to do.

So in a nut shell you want the Devs to reprogram the travel system for this despite the fact it offers no real significant improvement to the game and there are several ways to get somewhere now under the present system.

NO.

DeletedUser

The main reason it seems useful to me is that if you want to equip a donkey for the job, you can ride your quarter horse there and then equip the donkey for the LP. I'd rather be sleeping than sitting at the job waiting for enough energy.

Noobmic

This one case Elmyr.

For example in my case with best gear for travel I can do some good jobs, but I prefer to:
1. equip best items for travel;
2. walk to job;
3. equip best items for that job;
4. repeat 1. to 3.

In this way in a day you can save at least 5 minutes of work time, usually 20. And going back to what I've wrote in the first page ... in one year you get at least 30hours up to 121 hours of extra time, compared to those who just use one gear all the time for travel and jobs.

But from what I see who posted, there isn't so much interest in doing things near perfection.