Moon land selling/auctioning

• Thread starter DeletedUser15641
  • Start date

DeletedUser15641

This is really the dumbest thing I have ever heard....Do you guys think that they can sell our moon?They are giving deeds for mining!In what authority?

I just feel that if you take some weight off the moon it would begin moving faster ,via we will lose it faster as we know that the moon is slightly moving further and further than the earth each year ,so that means that this process will be accelerated.Proof of acceleration from the following formula>Energy=Mass * speed squared.

Edit:I also remember knowing that it has some effects on earth's weather since that gravitational pull would be stronger maybe but than that would make tides larger etc.

Sincerely,

The unknown general,

The general of the unknown army.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31397

Totally agreed, noone has the right to sell moon and by noone, I mean NOONE. Noone owns the moon. You can't sell something that doesn't belong to you.

And about your theory that the Moon will become lighter and move faster; I'm not sure about it, but it makes a lot sense.

Correct Moon affects Earth's water, more precisly it determines when it's the high tide and when ebb tide. I also heard that it affects water in human's body.

-BA-

DeletedUser15641

And about your theory that the Moon will become lighter and move faster; I'm not sure about it, but it makes a lot sense.
-BA-

Okay just to clear it i don't think its a theory i think its true since we all know that energy can't be lost but changes from one form to another once mass is decreased that means speed would increase since if you flip the equation you will get energy divided by mass square root via the less mass the more speed.I don't think that energy might get into the rocks which got mined would have some energy in em since most are not having water,hot rocks or hot minerals etc.(heat energy is in these rocks or heat energy is in water)

Edit:These rocks might contain some energy which is gravitational energy.

DeletedUser

The amount of mass involved is so trivial in comparison with the total mass of the moon that all those posited effects can be ignored.
As for selling mineral extraction rights - that already happens on earth, even on the unpopulated mid-ocean. What's so different?

DeletedUser15641

The amount of mass involved is so trivial in comparison with the total mass of the moon that all those posited effects can be ignored.
As for selling mineral extraction rights - that already happens on earth, even on the unpopulated mid-ocean. What's so different?

The difference is that if you take the minerals of Moon it will effect Earth.

DeletedUser

What kind of minerals are reported to be able to be mined from the moon

DeletedUser

It does not really matter mass is mass if you take some you will hurt mother nature.

Well i guess water etc.

I understand fully about mass. i am just trying to figure out what they will honestly be spending the money to go mine the moon and we have been mining our planet for many many years our rotation hasn't gotten so fast that we have flown out of orbit and with all the moon landings leaving items on the planet i dont think that they will able able to completely hollow out the moon leaving it weightless to float away or speed up a significant amount to affect the earth in an adverse way.

DeletedUser15641

I understand fully about mass. i am just trying to figure out what they will honestly be spend the money to go mine the moon and we have been mining our planet for many many years our rotation hasn't gotten so fast that we have flown out of orbit and with all the moon landings leaving items on the planet i dont think that they will able to be able to completely hollow out the moon leaving it weightless to float away or speed up a significant amountto affect the earth in an adverse way

Now to mention it i don't think its worth it nor worth the try.

DeletedUser

It does not really matter mass is mass if you take some you will hurt mother nature.

Well i guess water etc.
Are you serious? The mass of the moon is around 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 tonnes.
Even if we took 1,000 tons a day, it would take 3,000,000,000,000 years to remove 1% of the moon's mass. That's over 500 times the age of the Earth ( or 500 million times, if you're a literal fundamentalist Christian).

DeletedUser15641

Smallest changes can make a bigger change.

The moon is already moving away by a few cm each year so if you take the smallest mass it might make the biggest one btw whats the speed of the moon?Some km/s?

Who would want to take that much mass from the moon since it already costs more than its income via they would just try to get as much as possible.

DeletedUser

Smallest changes can make a bigger change.

The moon is already moving away by a few cm each year so if you take the smallest mass it might make the biggest one btw whats the speed of the moon?Some km/s?

Who would want to take that much mass from the moon since it already costs more than its income via they would just try to get as much as possible.
Clearly, you are operating in a zone where science and logic cannot penetrate.
In the course of my research, I found this in Google questions:

• Mass of Earth is said to be 6 * 10^24 kg. Wouldn't the mass be continuously changing as more construction and manufacturing takes place? For example, houses, bridges, cars, buildings, etc etc are built continuously, so shouldn't that increase the mass of earth? New animals and humans keep taking birth too, adding more mass. New trees come out of the ground too. Some humans are said to lose or gain weight too. Don't all these factors change mass of earth?
I'm not sure if it's meant to be a joke, but I love the scientific naivety of it if not.

DeletedUser31397

Clearly, you are operating in a zone where science and logic cannot penetrate.
In the course of my research, I found this in Google questions:

• Mass of Earth is said to be 6 * 10^24 kg. Wouldn't the mass be continuously changing as more construction and manufacturing takes place? For example, houses, bridges, cars, buildings, etc etc are built continuously, so shouldn't that increase the mass of earth? New animals and humans keep taking birth too, adding more mass. New trees come out of the ground too. Some humans are said to lose or gain weight too. Don't all these factors change mass of earth?
I'm not sure if it's meant to be a joke, but I love the scientific naivety of it if not.

It might be a joke, but it might be true as well. But it is so insignificant compared to Earth's speed and mass really.

DeletedUser5273

Perhaps one could decree a law that dumps nuclear waste on the moon to replace minerals removed. Nobody owns the moon and the idea that anyone could profit from mining it is absurd.

DeletedUser

The idea that the moon moves faster is valid, but probably not for whatever idea conjured up the notion.

The moon is indeed accelerating, and because of this is moving away. The reason is often misunderstood. It is not moving faster because it is moving further away. It’s well known that the moon is responsible for the tides on earth. But that effect is not one-way: in return, the moon is being tugged along behind the earth’s rotation much like a stubborn dog on a leash. This process accelerates the moon slightly, and as it accelerates its orbit must increase.

At some point in the distant future, a total solar eclipse will not be possible because the moon will have moved too far away.

The idea that people and animals “taking” birth and trees growing out of the ground adds to the earth’s mass is ludicrous.

DeletedUser

The moon is actually slowing down. By the law of conservation of angular momentum, the slowing of the earth's spin must be balanced by an increase in the angular momentum of the moon. This results in the moon moving to a higher orbit, where of necessity it must slow down to balance the reduced gravitational pull.