Submitted Minor Ideas #6

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Aye, workers and adventurers came to build and quest, so if they hide whenever the opportunity arises what's left for the dueler? You'll say that soldiers and other duelers will be available for attacking, but what happens when a player who is online gets a warning and sees me sitting on his spot all happy with Hernando's sword waiting in there like a tree.

I will oppose this idea vigorously, because I am convinced it's not the right thing to do.

DeletedUser

In a different browser game I used to play, there was really no way to conquer someones city when they are on-line. This rarely happened and yes, was annoying. I usually wrote them a letter, iside I would right "are you on-line" I can see that if they opened it, whether they respond or not that they were on, and would find a different victim.

I understand the your view, It really wouldn't bother me though. Even with the next update and all they have to do is walk 2 minutes away. I personally would either move on to the next guy, or chase him around a bit, or both. Instill fear, let him know he's not allowed to work or do anything 'till he takes his beating.

I dunno, how about a 1-2 minute warning? I pesronally like the idea and support it; however I know not a lot of people like my ideas, so whatever.

As where it stands for being brought to the developers. I agree that there is enough controversy to not qualify it as a minor idea. But I don't think the idea should be put on the do not suggest list. This Idea largely depends on how the new dueling system is implemented and I don't think it is an "out of the question" idea. I'm done posting on this topic though, do what you will with the idea.

On another topic I really like #2 I suggested it on the minor ideas but didn't put it the thought together very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't see how it would affect a fort fighter, money maker or builder in a negative way. The dueling people are the only ones that get bashed from the idea. You say the good jobs may be 10 minutes away from your town, but since there are towns everywhere, all you have to do is sleep in one of the other nearby towns. If you duel a lot, you must be doing something wrong to even consider this in your head. I already stated everything else in a decent post, I believe.

@yogafrog, supporting ideas that intentionally hinder duelers, just because you dislike dueling is not the right way. I don't propose that workers should do jobs as 4 hour segments and adventurers should earn half the wages, just because it would be beneficial to me, since I play a different character. Respect the other player's way of playing the game, so they will respect yours.

BOOK - I don't respect people who have no respect for others, and your one of those, if that's how you think.

# 1 important thing
By all means I'm not saying don't duel,

I have respect for people who play and enjoy this game, no matter what side they are on, I like my enemies, I like other towns, I like other players, they improve the game play, I am all for improving the game to help retain players, it's sad seeing towns with 1 - 2 people in them, or ghost towns where there once were communities, which we'd duel against, or just go shopping at.

I don't like to see people leaving the game because duelists who keep pounding them day after day, I don't like to see guys having to self KO against the quest duels to prevent them being dueled at lvl 68, just so they can make it to the next couple of days worth of battles at full health - without worrying about the next random who pop's into town.

I don't even like it when guys come to town, 10 lvl's above me who use me as a way to KO themselves - for the same reason as above - being able to live a life without dueling for 48 hours - at a time that suites them.

YES - I don't tend to duel unless I'm pushed, I don't like dueling weaker players, I don't like dueling weaker character types, I don't like to bother people who obviously are doing something that makes them happy.

I'm not a BULLY in life or in the game, I have an opinion (I think that's allowed), and I have a voice.

Sorry if it's not the kind of thing that you wanted to hear!

Now, the way I see it is, you are saying - we just have accept & to put up with duelers, basically you want a dead piece of meat for you to hit out at - we have no choice in this, again we have no input, can't change destiny, can't defend ourselves, we can't improve our chances, we shouldn't be able to do something that might change the outcome - because that would make life hard for you?

It's your god given right to attack someone 10 lvl's below you who's ill equipped compared to you (you've got all the gear - all the advantage) and they are working on something that requires specific skills, additional clothing/gear that leaves them defenseless, because you've chosen to pick on someone who you KNOW you can beat easily - yeah you would never go into a fight with someone who's prepared and ready for you, someone who's tactics, aim, dodge and who's equipment build was matched to their weapon, who had the right weapon for their class/build, no that would be suicide for a dueler - because we know Zero Hero's are weak.

What does dueling do for the other classes, except rob them of money, HP and the ability to improve themselves, especially while being camped, stalked and attacked, but as far as your concerned that's just good game play? YOU NEED A LIFE !

BTW - you won't find my characters running for a hotel room, unless I have $ 1,000's o dollars in hand, or am trying to get to my next battle at 100% HP

I'm not a hunk of meat for a dueler to have a free hit at!

If I see a dueler coming at me I'll size him/her up and wager WIN or LOSE if it's a fair fight... but heck you like it all your own way, no challenge on your side, that's less than 1/2 decent and no man fights like that - just bullies do that kinda thing.

The point of placement dueling system sounded fun, but I can see it will be easily abused, and it's not an advantage for workers, or any other class, duelers will have a speed advantage as I understand so can quickly catch up with an intended victim, soon as they stop to work again they are lunch meat, and if they try to run more than 10 minutes - well they are stuffed anyway, so workers will have to work for a short time and run, or just put up with being harassed or pounded {BTW when I say workers here I mean people working to earn $$$, product collecting, Quest or XP (you know the things Zero Hero's never need to do)},

I can see nobody ever being able to Silver Mine again - ever!

Although a few of my mates have a great sucker plan for Silver Mining - if they ever do bring in the AMBUSH system.

I can't only hope that they do bring in AMBUSH, then there will be a real change to dueling - LOL

:D

Deleted User - 1278415

Alright then idea #10 will definitly be held off and put into a major idea category at this time to be discussed further.

So probably this weekend I'll submit the other ideas depending on popularity... and looks like #5 or the one about rearranging ideas... that might not be so simple as originally thought.

And Trojon just for the record I do like your idea for the system currently as it is.. .however when the new dueling system gets implemented... that idea will make it extremely hard for people to duel I believe.

Have faith in your ideas.. it takes some rejection to make a better idea someday :)

EDIT: and for the record I'm hoping 3, 6, 9 make it as those are my favorites. 3 obviously my fav. 6 nice convience, 9 Im a big fort battler I'd like to see a bigger window.

DeletedUser

yogafrog, you talk like this, do you even know me? How dare you call me a coward, how do you know who I duel, how do you know how fair I am towards my targets, how do you know jack?

According to your logic I am "one of those" because I respect the playing style of other players? I am a darn strong dueler. Even before Hernando's sword I took up on people 16 levels above me and demolished them. We are talking about soldiers and duelers here. I wasn't afraid to duel against Belle Starr's Deringer. When I choose to I can make towns cry, simply by knocking out their dueling players without even touching the workers or adventurers.

I ain't no bully in real life and I play this game as fair as possible. I don't take satisfaction in beating weaker players. I occasionally get to hit workers/adventurers but it's fort the purpose of reducing a few percents of motivation or emptying my last energy in a place where all the duelers are already down.

You talk a lot, but a good zero motivation dueler is a powerful tool on his own. We are not weak, we are the strongest duelers in the game. We get into way more battles than any of the other characters. Of course there are a good number of people who duel ordinary and are still powerful. As a person who does not need cash, experience or any items, all I have left to do is test myself against stronger and stronger foes. How shallow do you have to be to still believe we the "zero heroes" pick easy targets?

and they are working on something that requires specific skills, additional clothing/gear
Think on those words of yours. The other players chose to invest in specific skills and they receive the advantages of it. In this game you have to sacrifice one aspect of your playing to succeed in another. Just in the way duelers have chosen to level slowly and risk their well being with every duel. We chose to play this way and we must not be punished. If we get punished for playing then other players should be punished for working or building or questing. Can't you see how dumb this is? As a dueler am I supposed to wish bad things to the other players, because I can't do the things they can?

You may hope that ambush will destroy dueling, but let me break it for you, it won't. It won't be as overpowered as people believe. It will be helpful, but in no way will players be able to "build fortress" on job places.

And finally I hold no respect for the likes of you. Hypocrisy thy name is you. I have been an adventurer, I have been a fort fighter and I have never had problems with people dueling me. I know that I am a weak target and the other players are in their full right to try and milk me. I chose to become a strong fighter on the fort battles field and I easily accepted the fact that I will lack dueling skills.

All you have to do, to stay protected is keep playing and take those duels with a smile. As a soldier the only people who I remembered where the ones who insulted me or mailed me angrily about my attacks. I don't bother ruining the game for people, but when I see they want to whine, it makes it so nice and warm to come back and wipe the floor with them. The only people who ever suffer from duelers are the ones who think insulting will help them somehow.

I will continue to oppose this idea as long as needed, because we the soldiers and duelers are an equal class and must not be discriminated in this game. We deserve to blow off some steam* in a short amount of time. I have seen tens of ideas trying to make the game more time consuming for us. Well this will never happen.

*This post had the opposite effect on me, but it was worth it.

DeletedUser

I'm no duelist and really I don't care for duels at all, to me they're so boring. But there are players that adore that part of this game. And in this case I'm on b00k's side as I've posted already.
Dueling is (should be) a risky business. But when you initiate it, you already risk that the player deletes the acc, goes townless, goes into fort or for a sleep, or he KOes himself on a NPC quest duel.
Making it even more risky in a way that the challenged player receives a warning is meddling with the game balance and as such shouldn't be accepted.

DeletedUser

On this issue, I really don't understand the resistance here. I've seen on many other MMO games where players want to pick on th defenseless or simply those who don't want to bother with a PvP fight for some reason or another. In terms of this game it is the duelers vs. the builders here.... and that these are some very different personalities that make up those who play these games.

Book is obviously a dueler... somebody who has a thirst for blood from somebody else. I do think this is a bully personality and somebody who is complaining that those who want to get away from fights of this nature. As has been pointed out, you can duck out of a fight anyway, so why not provide a way for those who aren't spoiling to get in a fight to get away.

I should also point out that in the "real" west, gunfights and "duels" were incredibly rare. Many of those who built "the west" in the late 19th Century were veterans of the U.S. Civil War. If somebody survived Gettysburg, Shiloh, or Bull Run, there is no way that they would back down when some jerk came up to them threatening their family. It is also unlikely that the jerk would survive too long in a town full of veterans either.

Yes, I get that this is a fantasy setting which is built more on the Hollywood version of what western life was like. It isn't going to be a perfect simulation, but my point here is that duelers generally were considered scum and marginalized whenever they came to town in real life.

If somebody it itching for a fight, I say they should be fighting those who also want to fight, not necessarily somebody who wants to duck out and be left alone. If you don't get that, so be it. In terms of insults and trash talk, that is also just as much a part of on-line life. Ignore it if you can and know that there will always be some folks who will get under your skin. I certainly don't understand why some people insist on dragging others into a fight when they don't want one.

DeletedUser

I am a dueling soldier, but also have been a leveling adventurer and fort fighting soldier. I have been on both sides of the fence.

Deleted User - 1278415

Alright all here are the ideas that I will be submitting out of this.
all of them....
except 5 and 10.... as they wont be submitted.

If you want to make idea #5 and #10 into a major idea in the Ideas and Brainfarts section. That is fine, They just need to be discussed further and put to a vote as currently they are either controversial, unnecessary, or too hard to code for too little gain.

Thanks... and keep submitting minor ideas... as minor ideas #7 will be right around the corner.

Deleted User - 1278415

Got some feedback for the recently submitted minor ideas:

1. survey anomous - more info is needed waiting on ollieman to respond before I resubmit

2. Sortable Rankings - will be considered for a possible future update

3. npc distinguishing - will be considered for a possible future update

4. fort shared points - more info was requested on how to do it, is considered a major idea now.

5. was not submitted

6. Multiple forum report links - will be considered for a possible future update

7. town shopping price - may clutter the design element of the interface and add confusion, as it can not be used unless the player is part of a town anyway.

8. I didnt even realize I had already submitted this previously to reduce the rejoin town timer.

9. Streching fort battle... we need additional information about this

10. not submitted.

So I hope that is some feedback for everyone who say we never get feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.