Micronations?

DeletedUser

Is anybody out here a micronationalist?

I myself have my own (tongue-in-cheek) micronation: the Republic of ___ania (censored as my name is part of the nation's). I basically use it as a mental exercise; I have formulas used to determine how my nation grows or how events change it, and try to alter things without "cheating" to make my country more "successful". As you can probably guess, I don't have any real citizens (over than two kids in my class/Boy Scout troop who have claimed fealty to ___ania).

DeletedUser14280

Well, I don't invent whole nations, but I think about law microsystems and microreligions every now and then.
Maybe you should stick your micronation into Campfire Stories and see if the rest of us want to play in it.

DeletedUser

I think they're interesting, but it's not a constant fascination. Whenever I hear about a new one, I tend to get interested again and start looking.

DeletedUser

Yeah. I tend to get bored of ___ania after four days of managing my economy.

A kid in my mother's second grade class just declared war on me. (Titanicland)

DeletedUser

I occasionally think about if the world suffered some catastrophe and its just me and my homies (thats right, homies) surviving at my home. I guess thats kinda similar

DeletedUser

Yeah. I tend to get bored of ___ania after four days of managing my economy.

A kid in my mother's second grade class just declared war on me. (Titanicland)

Does he know what happened to the Titanic?

I was going to say it's just a game for you, but most of the people who found micronations do it for more of a joke than any real plan to start a nation. The ones who do believe are generally either lunatics or people who misinterpret their country's constitution (or correctly interpret it and incorrectly believe that their country will recognize their right to secede). Peter Griffin's Petoria was as legitimate as any of them.

DeletedUser

This kid knows very well. The Titanic is his "thing", his obsession. He's the smartest student in my mom's classroom (as a matter of knowledge).

Yeah, the people who take their nations seriously are insane. If they did have sovereignty, they also probably wouldn't want it: they wouldn't have the government to give them handouts to build roads and such, and would have to find some way to make money if their former jobs were in the US.

With me, it pretty much is a game. I have no intentions to actually secede from the USA.

Are you familiar with Freetown Christiania?

DeletedUser

Usually, when I have (actually, I dont have it too often) the wish to control a nation, I play Age of Empires.

And when I have the wish to fight a war, I usually play AA2 or Call of Duty 4

I'll try be a micronationalist. I'll start with a small anthill (ill call Grassland) in the garden and help them grow and defeat their enemy anthill, Strudelland. It'll be Rise of the Ants.

DeletedUser

That is a wonderful point, Fentom. Personally, I prefer Rise of Nations or Age of Empires III. Call of Duty 2 looks more appealing that Call of Duty 4.