Memories of W9 legends and characters

DeletedUser16008

And so the great exodus begins.

The world where fort fighting was first seen and the first true uber alliances were born.

The first battle was 07/22/2009 but was not a real battle, the first real battle happened 2 days later on 07/24/2009 Fort Name Star Country, Attacker Diablo Ridge, Defender Starvillage, 128 vs 128 it went 23 rounds and was Defended This is the earliest record of a fort attack and support mail thank you a week or so later after things began to settle and we all got to grips with forts.

08/07/2009 Star Country Diablo Ridge EK-Starvillage 128 vs 75 11 Conquered

The ConstitutionOn 7/08/09 at 7:37 AM
Thank you for joining us in the Fort attack. Today was a great Day for Diablo Ridge. I am glad you came out to help. If you or anyone from your town needs help, let me know. I will assist you in any way possible.

Best Regards,
The Constitution

The MPA ( Mutual Protection Alliance ) the first real and true fort alliance was then proposed by Below Me was born sometime in mid August 2009. Headed up by Redlight District.

The final Large fort of W9 fell to Redlight and The MPA alliance.Taken from the Unity alliance by Victor & co fair and square on 30/01/2011. Returned to unity as promised and the war ended.

This signalled the Total domination of the MPA on w9

Note sent to w9 en mass

I would like to announce Redlight is withdrawing from the MPA having achieved our town objective. That was to take with the MPA the entire worlds large forts and counties, this is achieved and domination complete, it is now time to shuffle the world and let the cards drop where they will for the sake of continued activity and fun.

Respect to all who have fought against us in the past 2 years, nothing is personal and Redlight is now leaving the MPA and forming another fort alliance in order to keep w9 alive and kicking.

Vic

This signalled the epic fort calling escapade resulting in every single fort on W9 being called in 24 hrs. All 120 of them

As w9 begins to diminish we remember some of the ones that stood out in name, in no particular order for many different reasons.

The Constitution
Barak Smith
Ksusbelli
david31f
Arrant
ZombieQueendelete
KIFT
Mescalito
Utah Blange
deadleg
TOECUTTER
hastjm
TerminateD
Databmoose
PrairieBoy94
Ohfordelete
McFadden
Pawnee
rafsommer
Dooles
jashul
Wild Ron Farquhar
Kanye Westy
Buff Bagwell
The Waco Kid.
Tub of Lard
benben7
Good Feather
tofar
LoopHole
mikatahito
Sledge dog
manzofred
poef
Footshot
Thomas MADDOG
Hank Hammer
Lapper
regulator71
Tracker John
ARANGER
Cake Apricot
Bawbaggio
Sir Nautilus
Leona Long Legs
Aces n Eights
Lemurian
DrGoob
CurlyBiggie
Ionus Qin
vitamin2002
Van Hire
Pscspyderr
kilted-scotsman
Jake Bullett
Dirty Laundry
HelenBack
BUUUU
flojdd
mwfossils
Kylfyre
Ferovac
HeadBanger
PrisonBulld
masterdegre
lord saraj
bearman60
Elmyr
Fly Parker
Hardc0res0ldier
Chuck Wengam
Bubetta
jimperix7
k0ne
Below me
supraxus
Amiens
zaras
Pankreas PorForvor
kingsib
ovie08
saligaros
natzgr
Fire Fist Ace
Swiss
Davey Crocket 48
ViriM
maistralis
Last Samurai

There are many more but these are just a few of the ones that stood out for me, feel free to add any memories or people you remember that deserve a rolecall here are the names and legends of w9 where forts were born may it always be remembered.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15641

Your above him?:p.....Well where is my ex name?:Gen.hetler....i restarted from scratch....

DeletedUser

Although I was never a part of world 9, as I was busy fighting in the raging LN vs FoM wars of world 8, I am happy to see many familiar names who I served alongside in other worlds. They were legends indeed.

DeletedUser

Well, might as well add some incoherent ramblings about my first World, starting from the first months of fort fighting, from the other side's perspective.

Back then, there were obviously no alliances in-game, and until fort fights were introduced, there hadn't been a real need for an alliance of more than maybe a couple of towns, mainly for coordinated dueling. So once fort fighting became a thing, and our little towns (Girls Rule, Girls Next Door) were noticed by the Constitution as having been a significant factor in successfully defending Star Country for the first time, we were popular all of a sudden. Enter tons and tons of backroom politics, where the lines of the major alliances started to get drawn. Vic's dueling towns had a fairly well defined set of friends and allies when compared to what we built up, I think. What I remember, was a huge smash-and-grab where we'd have tons of meetings in external chats with leaders of this and that group of towns, and people were scrambling to find anyone who could help us out with forts, since for the first time you really needed lots of coordination in-game. I'll add a few names that I still remember from that time here, ones that weren't mentioned up there:

Boaz Salossa, Tears0fBlood (I think that's how he spelled it, he's long gone), Whiskey [autocensor got to me here, but it's a legitimate first name, dammit!], Wetbandit, 0691Paula and of course the original leaders of the Girl towns, Killette and Penny Dreadful. Later, tinkamala also became an important leader in our side's alliance. Oh, and since this was my first World, I'd just like to mention one name that no one else remembers: JoshieTV. He seemed like a cool guy, and when I saw that the guy had tons of ship's bells to donate for fort construction, right in the beginning of when forts were slowly being built elsewhere, my reaction was something like "wow".

It was a good World, and we had a great run with it. I'm especially proud of the fact that the alliance that later became Unity managed to stick together in more or less the same form despite all the usual alliance drama that affects every alliance on every World. I think the fact that we didn't end up breaking apart entirely and running off in separate directions, and just stuck with it even when Vic was on his campaign of total domination, made us stronger as a group.

Good times, good times. :)

DeletedUser

Pfft. You joined like a year ago or something. As far as I'm concerned you're just some n00b who came in late. :p

DeletedUser15641

Thanks good feather....well i was at unity but don't remember my level back then.

Deleted User - 1278415

Can anyone recall the great major alliances on w9 and what the initials stood for?
As much as the great players were the heroes, the alliance tags as a whole had to be a great character too.

I remember MPA
AOS? Black Widow

Unity and now for all of those of you who have left... LTS - Last Team Standing

DeletedUser

Can anyone recall the great major alliances on w9 and what the initials stood for?
As much as the great players were the heroes, the alliance tags as a whole had to be a great character too.

I remember MPA
AOS? Black Widow

Unity and now for all of those of you who have left... LTS - Last Team Standing

MPA = Mutual Protection... Alliance?
AoC = Agents of Chaos
AnD = A New Dawn
Galts = Dirty Laundry & Co.
Unity = ???

Those are all the major alliances that existed during the time alliances were officially implemented in the game (apologies to Ruins, Bunnies and other smaller ones)

DeletedUser19965

MPA = Mutual Protection... Alliance?
AoC = Agents of Chaos
AnD = A New Dawn
Galts = Dirty Laundry & Co.
Unity = ???

Those are all the major alliances that existed during the time alliances were officially implemented in the game (apologies to Ruins, Bunnies and other smaller ones)
I know you did not forget about the nWo?!?!?!?!:mad:
and there was the Lin group and the Wolf Pack back in the day along with some group called Girls Rule or something like that:p

DeletedUser

FTR, I don't see anything in the topic that says that have to be good memories. Trying to dominate a dead world now that everyone has migrated fits exactly my memories of kingsib and (the current) hastjm.

DeletedUser

Unlike the original hastjm, who was a tough-as-nails forter and a pretty nice dude as well...

Kingsib, well, his motto is: No joy w/o a Rush. Rushing is much easier when there's a total of 5 defenders (hell, even if 4 of them are in a tower each and one is on the flag!).