mele/firearms weapons

DeletedUser

Then how would a whip work as a throwing weapon???

It's different skills involved (you aren't "shooting"), but you can hit someone at range. Of course range is meaningless in the game, i.e. taking a knife to a gunfight doesn't put you at a disadvantage.

DeletedUser

But if a duel is taking place with one guy waaaaaaaaay down the street (having a deringer) and the other guy coming out of the saloon with a whip, the guy with the whip runs out screaming bird calls, the guy with the whip will be swiss-cheesed by the guy with the gun-- before the guy with the whip can even touch the other guy...

DeletedUser

Yeah, and so will the guy with Hernando's sword. If you want to suggest adding range, go ahead, but I don't think it will get much of a positive response. ;)

DeletedUser

But I stated that specifically for the reasons I didn't want range or that idea.

Diggo11

Have you played this game? A piece of granite is a firearm. A pebble is a firearm.
Touché.

Let me rephrase that then. A firearm is a projectile launched with the use of gunpowder or by the manpower of a person with a very hot hand.

DeletedUser

that is very true, the idea would take awhile to work out, and would be complicated, also, no1 would be a soldier anymore if someth8ing like that were to happen.

DeletedUser

Heh, anyway...I think this discussion has gone a bit off topic. Was anyone actually interested in the hybrid weapon idea? If anyone is, let's let them bump it instead of another discussion of realism in TW. Now where did I leave my pants.

DeletedUser

No, his new avatar is pantsless too. Come to think of it, you know who must play The West? Blue Sailor Hat, Blue Shirt, Red Bow Tie...

3282249866_8faaeac5df.jpg

DeletedUser

i thought of that Elmyr,i was thiknig of a 2 bladed knife in each side

DeletedUser

A bolo could be a hybrid weapon: ranged, but does blunt physical damage rather than any kind of penetrating damage. But then, pebbles and such would fall under the same category... I dunno.