Marketplace - agreement

Noobmic

Ok. Just thinking if we could establish some agreement for the sell prices for the marketplace.

At the beginning marketplace prices ware fine but now it's ridiculous.

I see items that for example have buy price 1000, sell price 500 put on marketplace to be sold for 2000 or even more.

What I was thinking if more of us agree that for a item that is from shops then we should put in market with a maximum price of 3/4 of buy price (e.g. for an item that has buy price 1000 then on market the price will be 750), in this way everyone has some profit. Who sells it will get extra $ (compared to selling to town) and who buys pays also less compared to buying from store.

What you guys think?

DeletedUser

Never going to happen...

Simple economics of supply and demand.

If there are 10 people offering a walking stick the price will simply be lower...
BUT if there is 1 person a week offering a walking stick the price will be much higher.

Also, the consumer actually sets the price.
Simply put if no one pays 100k for a walking stick the seller will have to drop the price to 90k... 80k... 70k... until someone finally buys it.

If you want to change the prices... don't buy items with inflated prices.

To get everyone else to agree on this... good luck :)

Noobmic

The idea is that this thing is logic, no person that thinks will pay $9200 at least for "Precise Pecussion rifle" (item that is now at marketplace) when you could buy it even from a town that is near you for $8800. Just as an example.

And as I posted a the beginning I'm referring at items that can be bought from store, not items that are only from drop (e.g. Walking Stick [that is also available from quest]).

In the end nobody will buy from people like in my example ...

DeletedUser

...In the end nobody will buy from people like in my example ...

exactly my point... no one will buy the item which will force the seller to re-evaluate their asking price and make them drop the price when they put it up for sale the next time.

Each time you put an item up for sale you loose money to fees... not smart to keep asking to high of a price and no one bites and you keep spending money to do so.

Sooner or later a 'smart' merchant will eventually drop their prices and get used to what the market price calls for certain items.

DeletedUser

Totally agree this is why I created this post mainly to educate in this direction :)

if that's the case then I'm on board with ya ;)

hopefully people will read our conv and understand how economics works and won't overprice their items.

Harsha..

well, yes - i agree. Some of the shop item priuces on the market are too much - i just skip them. If i do need a fair price, i can ask some other town friend to put an item which i need at a fair price

however, for other valuable items like the piece of note part one, i don't have any hesitation for shelling out loads of cash, as it is very valuable - same applies for the glowing weapons

but, yes - there should be a fair system in dealing with "ordinary" items which can be brought in stores

DeletedUser

Market?

what happens to the item in the market if does not sell before the expiratory time?
:huh:

Noobmic

Who put the item for sell it will get it back. As a conclusion how market works:
- you can put an item for sell (only items that you can get more then once);
- you can put a minimum price (minimum price cannot be less then item sell price);
- if you don't put maximum price (instant buy price) then it will be auction type without any limit;
- if you don't put minimum price you need to put maximum price (instant buy price) and in this way the item cannot be sold at a lower price.
- when you put an item at market you pay a fee:
-> 10% of minimum bid + $2 if minim price is >= $10;
-> 10% of maximum bid, if minimum bid isn't set, + $2 if maximum bid >=$10;

If item isn't sold after expiration time passes then you get the item back and you lose the fee that you put.

So as I started this topic you should put decent price for items that also can be found in store if not in the end maybe you will notice that you lose money (because of fee's) and your item isn't sold.