Resolved Market Pickup and Citizenship

DeletedUser2708

I've heard that you can't quit a town (or leave it to turn to a ghost town) if you still have something for sale up on the market, or if there is something that you put up for sale that has been bought but not picked up yet.. I'm considering leaving my current town (which will then become a ghost town) to start a new town, and while I have nothing for sale on the market, I do have items I still need to pick up in other towns. Does anyone know if my change in towns will jeopardize those items somehow? I wouldn't think it would, but given how quirky the rules can be at times, I figure it may pay to ask ahead of time, just in case someone has already experienced this. Thanks!

DeletedUser

It shouldn't matter. I've left town with active auctions and had items sold while I was out of town. I've left and come back and still had cash and items on the market and left and not gone back and had no trouble picking up cash.

DeletedUser2708

Thanks! I appreciate not having to be the "test subject" for this case:

"Marge, sometimes the only way to feel better about yourself is to laugh at someone else; and I'm tired of making other people feel better about themselves." -- Homer Simpson

Slygoxx

You may be confused with deleting an account, which is not possible when you have items for sale at the market or have yet to pick up some stuff.

DeletedUser

And that's not to protect you or anything, that's to prevent an exploit.