Map quick slots

DeletedUser

The Problem
As players are advancing through the game, they are mostly rotating same actions which is time consuming and boring. Doing things over and over can actualy lead to loss of interest in playing and end up by quiting.

Other Ideas
No simmilar ideas have been suggested yet.

The Proposal
That quick slots will be implemented which will eliminate repeated boring, but necessary actions.

Description
Quick slots will serve player to predefine some of his commonly used actions. In this category falls:
- Opening window for a specific job site - Each job site wil have a possibility to add it to a quick slot. Hovering over quick slot will show name of that job.
- Opening a specific town construction window - Same as for job sites. Hovering over quick slot will show name of building e. g. Build Gunsmith.
- Opening window for a specific town - Quick slot menu can be placed on top of the town window. Hovering over quick slot will show name of that town e. g. Go to Devil's Creek.
- Opening window for a specific player - Quick slot menu will be placed on character's window. Hovering over quick slot will show player's name e. g. Puli
- Change clothes - There will be quick slot menu in character's inventory which will save actual set of your items into specified quick slot. Here would be suitable to give a choice for specifying of the name of the set. Hover over quick slot will show name of the set e. g. Wear Hunting set.

There can be from 3 up to 6 or maybe even 8 such quick slots and they can be placed on the bottom of the main window under the map. There is enough place for them. 3 or 4 slots will be available for all players and additional 3 or 4 for premium players.

Visual Aid
westmappanelxw6.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe it would make the game to automatic, but I still like it.

DeletedUser

It already is automatic in this way, so why not to make it more comfortable?

DeletedUser

This has potential. Rather than take up real estate on the screen, though, I suggest putting these slots on a sub-window, logically the "work" one. That leaves the main screen as it is and turns the work sub-window into a very useful task scheduler.

Ideally, it'd be nice to be able to assign outfits to go with each job too........

DeletedUser

This idea can be even extended for builders. They will be able to quickly open town's building windows like hotel, town hall, bank etc. This way they will change 5 clicks into 1.

DeletedUser

Well I'm sure none of you will like this idea but I find it sort of frustrating that when I click on the Work tab (I have premium) and it shows me all the jobs I can do that I just can't click on the job in that window and have it take me to the closest work site for that job. Or at least bring up a window that shows you all the skills associated with that job. I know, its another benefit for premium users but it sort of makes sense to me for it to do at least one of those things.

DeletedUser

Well I'm sure none of you will like this idea but I find it sort of frustrating that when I click on the Work tab (I have premium) and it shows me all the jobs I can do that I just can't click on the job in that window and have it take me to the closest work site for that job. Or at least bring up a window that shows you all the skills associated with that job. I know, its another benefit for premium users but it sort of makes sense to me for it to do at least one of those things.
That's maybe for other thread. But I think that best solution for you would be to implement an automatic minimap opening with those jobs highlited after clicking on that job's picture.

DeletedUser5046

gee..if your mad about it..then edit your post and put other colors in it...

*take it from te pro :p*

DeletedUser

I have updated a picture to my first post for visual presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

YES YES YES!!!

Excellent Idea. I can see this going so far too. Why limit it to jobs? Perhaps allow it to not only initiate jobs but also go to towns and change clothes. The possibilities are endless! I swear if this goes to the polls it will get 200 "Yes"s.

DeletedUser5046

te monkey is right...

anyway ...

what if you wanna duel someone? if you click it will it show te names of te players?

or this will be for jobs and building only?

Diggo11

Regular buttons don't cause lags so why should these?

Besides it can be optional if you have limited broadband downloads or a older CPU.