Manual on how to charge battles

wolverine widmark

This post has a single purpose alert and highlight the dangerous trend that is being seen in Colorado. Currently Colorado is the most attractive world for players who come from other servers but actually colorado have a seriously problem, multi battles very different schedules. According to my experience in .es servers this is a very dangerous problem because there is a very fine line that separates having battles of great quality or break the last great lighthouse on .net and rest of servers, can't have such disparate schedules, in my opinion the solution is simple 1 or 2 battles for day at very specific times well-defined setting shifts of alliances that are willing to participate
separate those who are not willing to maintain a certain order that contributes to good quality battles that help us all to improve our gaming experience.
If an agreement is not reached between the main leaders of the alliances, in my point of view, the support team should intervene to mediate and guarantee a high quality of battles

RaiderRt

You don't know what you're talking about so let me tell you the history of colorado. Many months or even some years ago Colorado was unplayable. Pretty much only filled prime FFs, sometimes agreed and even offprimes. But then in order to improve fort fights the Fort Battle Strategist role was implemented. And thank God it did, everything changed for the better. Not only have we not filled a prime in 2 weeks, we don't even have prime FFs anymore. Instead there's plenty of random time uneven unfilled and 95% offliners fort fights everyone wanted. Imagine how much worse it would've been if everything stayed as it was in the past, uh.

JWillow

@RaiderRt Please don't blame the fort battle strategist for the selfishness of one small group of players.

As what is happening now is somewhat caused mostly by that small group of players. This group of players in the year 2022 only dug 26 off prime battles, that mainly coincided with events in game and also these battles followed the every other day schedule.

Then came 2023 and more specifically April, when the new fort battle achievements were announced. Suddenly this small group of players started to dig off primes daily. It became clear after the 3rd battle they targeted the least active time in the game, ie majority of players not around.

They kept digging and digging, transferring the small forts back so they could keep their easy win feeder battles going. Until eventually the Council stepped in and stopped the transfer of forts that were being used for push battles instead of being moved to try to have competitive battles. So that stopped them for awhile as they took all the smalls.

Then the next event came and the small selfish group was given a little leeway by allowing med/large to be dug for event, which they jumped on and once again dug daily easy wins, never once did they try a different time slot, even though they clearly could and were on earlier.

By sept 5, this small selfish group had dug 77 easy win off prime battles, already over 3 times the amount they dug in 2022. When the council asked them to stop they went independent to continue digging their easy win battles.

Never once did this group consider, splitting themselves up and creating 2 towns, in order to maybe start competitive battle at a time slot that they say works for americans. Colorado is not a dictatorship, if this group truly cared about having good quality small battles, it could have easily given this group small forts to play in, but they have no wish to split up and keep things competitive, all they want is there easy wins against sleeping players.

So long story to just say, a small group of selfish players are making the majority of Colorado suffer so they can get easy wins. But it is not a clear case of abuse like Naughty, so what can anyone do. I am honestly not sure Colorado will recover, this type of player that thinks what is best for them and not what works for the majority is how things should be is not cooperation that Colorado thrived under, they are the dictators forcing their will on the player base.

Maybe inno should have put up notice to watch for players abusing game modes when new achievements were released and in doing so given mods a chance to slow if not stop abusive digging practices. But inno not known for forward thinking.

Anyway, good luck on getting Colorado back to primes, wonder who will be the hero of that story.

darthmaul99174

Council? Towns digging off primes just for wins? small influential group of selfish players ruining it for the majority? ego's so big they'd rather everyone suffered than lose face?

Sounds like how every single world collapsed, it always starts with the inability to have prime time battles and losers saying it isn't their fault

JWillow

Council? Towns digging off primes just for wins? small influential group of selfish players ruining it for the majority? ego's so big they'd rather everyone suffered than lose face?

Sounds like how every single world collapsed, it always starts with the inability to have prime time battles and losers saying it isn't their fault
What are you on about?

Have you never heard of the Colorado Council made by the player base that has made Colorado survive when no other worlds have?

Yes digging off primes, use to be about have battles before April 2023, that has changed, all it is now is farming easy wins, not about fort battles. Off primes use to be just as much toss up of winning/losing as primes were. No one at the time was trying to push themselves for unmerited rewards, guess taking years to earn things doesn't work for a small number of players.

Also loser's fault, no it is not. As Colorado, is not a domination world, so players rather have good battles, offies don't have fun at battles, some things you have to be there to get anything out of it. That is why it makes more sense for the "american" time players to start battles against each other where it is onliner vs onliner instead of onliner versus offies. Then again there are people who enjoy shooting fish in a barrel instead of fishing.

If Colorado collapses, that is fine, just proved that what Colorado Council did for 10+ years worked, but with life changes, diplomatic people move on from the field. Might be better for everyone that Colorado fails.

So Colorado is collapsing you say, how long does that take, will it be dead before Christmas, in your opinion?

darthmaul99174

Pretty sure most worlds have had similar set-ups, unofficial or offical. Regardless it was just an observation and similarity between many many others I've seen not a personal attack aimed at you, sorry if I upset you.

JWillow

Pretty sure most worlds have had similar set-ups, unofficial or offical. Regardless it was just an observation and similarity between many many others I've seen not a personal attack aimed at you, sorry if I upset you.
Sorry if I overreacted, I am exhausted, being sleep deprived is no fun. But as you say losers can't complain, they must endure unfair practices, but we are allowed to whine at least. Not like the same group dug 3 hours earlier once and lost then went right back to the deadest part of the day.