Limited :Account Sitting

DeletedUser563

Proposal

A week before a "holiday " quest including the advent calendar players have an option to get a friend to account sit their account. Or during "holiday" days only . So thanksgiving,valentine, independence day, halloween, and christmas including advent calendar days.

Current Workaround
Non legal alternatives.

Details
A week before a "holiday " quest or the day before including the advent calendar players have an option to get a friend to account sit their account.
A player can reset any transactions done by the account sitter after he ends account sitting mode.

Abuse Prevention
Its only for a month and then a week here or there this makes any abuse minimal.

Visual Aids
None needed.

Summary
For competitive players taking a break from the game is becoming more and more difficult. The only real issues I see is during "holiday" set days and during the advent calendar. By allowing accounts to be account sat most issues is removed. Especially the advent calendar with possible items that will be only available by clicking on each and every day in that calendar on the correct day?????????????? is a massive headache if your going to a remote area. Especially the christmas time is not well thought out. Come on 21/24 days. Options atm include for me staying home/ few days in the bush (not even cellphone access)/holiday at sea also will have to buy equipment or fix current laptop to do this.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? I dont care or not recently .

Additional Notes:

Im not gonna engage in any drawn out arguments about this. Just vote yes as I need it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

Nah. Ive seen games with this feature, and it's always abused in some way.
If you don't have time to play, you don't deserve to rise the ranks.
We have vacation mode for a reason.

DeletedUser563

"limited" account sitting meaning only a few days. this is the holiday season other innogames have a break this game just load more onto our plate.

DeletedUser

It's almost 2012. Where exactly are all these people going without internet access? This time last year, the only reason I was logging in was to do my advent calendars, which took MAYBE 5 mins for all my worlds.

DeletedUser563

well you people dont understand remote. I can tell you of a few roads which I drive regularly that is just off the grid where if you continue further on that roads it will only get more remote.
But anyway like I said my laptop is on the blitz ,for some reason my 3g stick have problems with fort battles. Lets say you want to take a weekend break now. Except if you have like a Galaxy tab you will miss out on the advent bonus except if you take with you your laptop a good example in the us context would be going camping. Do you really want the schlepp of taking along your laptop etc etc. Isnt the purpose of "camping" to get away from civilization not to carry it along in every place you go. But we have summer here now if it still does not make sense to you. My biggest motivation for this idea is that the advent requires 24 out of 24 days not a more reasonable 15 out of 24 .

DeletedUser

actually, it's 21 out of 24 days......which is pretty reasonable.....

DeletedUser563

as far as i know its 24 out of 24 to get for example the sleigh quest. upon which we call elmyr to solve this.

DeletedUser9470

no t this, if you want to play a game then play it, dont get others to play it for you.

DeletedUser563

limited I said. player will play only at max 25 days in december rest of the time only during holiday set days so here and there a week. I did not say full normal account sitting. It will only be a tool for a normal player to here and there cover a few days which he goes on vacation or where RL gets a bit too much. That is how normal players will use it. Others may get an account sitter for every available day but its not really like that player will spend much effort on the account he sit. He might complete the quest only and then leave the account or in the case of the advent open the few days for which he is sitting and maybe complete the december quest. At max I think we are talking about an average use of about 10 days a year.

So in short Neo thx for half reading the title and commenting . Infiniti thx for reading nothing but a word perhaps in the title and neo's post and commenting.

DeletedUser

We have vacation mode for a reason.

So then anyone using the Vacation Mode over a time-sensitive quest period should have the option of playing that quest after vacation mode ends, over the same timescale but starting on the day vacation mode ends, otherwise vacation mode is 'not' there for this reason i.e. enabling a vacation without missing out on something crucial

I should clarify that I don't agree with Account Sitting, but the point about no access over holidays is valid. For instance I can't play on my phone, and my dad doesn't have a computer at the moment so Christmas might get tricky for me unless his village has a net-cafe open every day.

DeletedUser563

well from tribal wars i can tell you that account sitting is not that great for the player that account sits. Remember one girl I sat for had all given the same name to all of her towns and didnt have premium. The other one I sat for had no defenses.So like I said from experience most of us will get into your account pick up the item for the quest queue some quest related jobs and leave that account and perhaps attend a fort battle as well. Well I would also not care if you could freeze time by going on vacation mode and return and do the quest later.

DeletedUser

Yes but this isn't Tribal Wars, account sitting in The West 'could' be heavily abused by selling stuff, using their money, leaving towns or kicking others, doing arranged duels etc etc. So you're unlikely to ever get it approved by anyone, you'd be better off making a brand new suggestion for an improvement to Vacation Mode (or something similar) so being on at specific days during 'family/holiday time' isn't required in order to not miss out on large parts of the game

DeletedUser

I wish that they would implement an account sitting system. It would be nice.

DeletedUser

Yes but this isn't Tribal Wars, account sitting in The West 'could' be heavily abused by selling stuff, using their money, leaving towns or kicking others, doing arranged duels etc etc. So you're unlikely to ever get it approved by anyone, you'd be better off making a brand new suggestion for an improvement to Vacation Mode (or something similar) so being on at specific days during 'family/holiday time' isn't required in order to not miss out on large parts of the game
+1 There just seems like too much that cannot be undone

DeletedUser14006

Abuse Prevention
Its only for a month and then a week here or there this makes any abuse minimal.

And for this very reason this idea will never be accepted, the potential for abuse here is so apparent.

DeletedUser563

or no abuse really. like i said afterwards you can cancel or maybe appeal all sales done on your behalf. Also derek 1704 posts and your arguments is always so vague. "What abuse then... I eliminated the only abuse issue. The other abuses like using the players account as a big revenge bot is not that major an issue. Also this will be your friend. This eliminate him from going all monkey on your account. you dont need to code that as it is a social element. Presumably all other issues can be resolved by attributing all penalties to the account sitter and perhaps displaying the fact that an account is sat in chat and elsewhere. Is there any other abuse issues you can think of? Please I am trying to be patient with you today?

DeletedUser

You cannot undo a market sale, people will ask for an account sitter to open chests and if they don't like the item, undo opening

If there is a penalty to the account sitting, you look at friends having an argument and reporting them out of spite