Labor Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

How do I earn more labor skills? I am on a quest in which I'm supposed to catch some trout but when I go to do the job it will not allow me to do it because it says I need at least 2 more labor points.

I've tried doing other jobs that I can access but nothing is giving me labor points...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

DeletedUser

LP = combined job skills minus difficulty, all of which vary by job. You need at least 1 LP to do a job. Jobs with high danger (
danger.png
) are risky to do with low LP. If it's high enough, doing it once for 2 hours can knock you out.

Jobs at West Stats will tell you the numbers for all jobs. Job calculator will help you further by showing jobs you can do if you create an account and upload your skills and inventory.

Stream fishing is 3x swimming, 1x hiding, 1x repairing and 2 difficulty. 1 SP (skill point) in swimming alone will give you enough LP to do the job (3x 1 - 2 = 1 LP). Alternatively, you can wait until you have gear which will enable you to do the job. A gray woolly cap alone will give you 22 LP (3x 8 -2 = 22 LP).

Help could also answer the general question, without the specific job details (which can be gotten just by clicking on the stream fishing icon
game.php
: http://en3.the-west.net/help.php?article=workingpoints

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow ok thanks for the reply, however I'm sorry that makes no sense to me. I'm probably just being dumb lol. I also can't seem to make any cash on doing the jobs and only have 12 dollars on me and am not part of a town. I'm just starting out (this is my 2nd day so I'm trying to find a home that will take a newbie, and one where I meet the requirements.

I guess I'll just keep wandering around :)

DeletedUser

On the left upper side of your play screen you will see a tab marked "skills". This is the area where you will assign attribute and skill points as you earn them. Sometimes you may not have enough points to do a quest for quite some time. So don't fret to much over doing the quests every time. Also there is a tutorial that pops up in game that helps you as you go.

Now on earning money. Do all the jobs you can for at least 2 hours a piece. This helps with getting the quest item needed and it earns you experience and cash.

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of the west.:)

DeletedUser

THanks, I did the turorial but I'm stuck on my 3rd quest of bringing back trout. So I should be doing quests that I am able to access for at least twho hours then? I was doing them for the shortest time possible.

Thank you for explaing it to me. Much appreciated :D

DeletedUser

Im scaring off birds for 2 hours. Lets hope I get some exp. ;)

DeletedUser

You don't need to do stream fishing for 2 hours. If you're doing a job for a quest that only requires 30 minutes, just do 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.