Just out of interest

DeletedUser

Has anyone on Arizona gone crazy buying skill points?

I have said with the new nugget bonus's I wouldn't play another world, but having been lvl 99 for what seems like an eternity on W1 and no longer playing W5, W6, W7 & W10 the only world I'm now playing is 11, which is still good fun. And W4 when I can be bothered to login!

Elmyr has told me about the cost of each skill point (nugget) and anyone going crazy buying them obviously needs to find a charity.

I enjoy this game, and while I don't mind paying premium - extra energy & automation, to be competitive, I don't wish to spend a fortune just to compete.

DeletedUser

There are several buying a fair bit and some going absolutely bonkers with the buying of ap's and sp's. I guess the last group isn't really numerous, but there sure are a few who are doing so.

While I do use premium, I've bought no sp's or ap's at all, because it makes this game unfair. :)

DeletedUser

I'm sure that there are a few parents with less money in their accounts than they believed they had.
I know of some people who've spent $1000 on dumb things like this.

DeletedUser

Well I'm told there is a someone with 79 dex at level 39

How sad, did you get a fracking mortgage for that?

You see this is why I don't wish to play worlds where I have to pay excessive amounts to compete. Extra Energy and Automation cost enough!

DeletedUser

More than forty dollars Warlord, the cost of an Attribute increases with 54 nuggets every time you buy one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I sure dont see it being worth my time or money to buy a bunch if sp and ap's. Rather just go with what they give me haha :)

DeletedUser

Spend a thousand nuggets on buying skillponts ( you won´t get that many ) but then you won´t have to worry about beeing at a dissadvantige against others who bought them. ( with ha few exeptions of course )
I would say that is where most draw the line and say no thanks they are too expencive i rater keep my nuggets for other premium features.

That is not allot of money and the ones that buys more than that can be counted on one hand i think it is only a game after all and not that many are willing to pay big money for it but 20 € huh thats nothing i spend allot more than that on other things i enjoy just for fun with no possibility or any return on my investment other than enjoyment.

So welcome to the new world that starts tomorrow :nowink:
Join my town if you like :ph34r:

DeletedUser

There's a certain player, level 44, 58 strength, 125 vigor, 92 toughness, 113 reflex, even taking bonus' into account that's some serious buying. Bonus is 42 vigor, 28 toughness, 34 reflex, and as a dueler he's obviously had to put plenty into aim.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

More than forty dollars Warlord, the cost of an Attribute increases with 54 nuggets every time you buy one.
If what you're saying is true then you'd be talking about $1200 so I'm sure that there's something wrong with that.

Deleted User - 1278415

Is their a cap on points cost because I thought it was to double and never go down in price.

example:
18 1 AP
36 2 AP
72 3 AP
144 4 AP
288 5 AP
576 6 AP
1152 7 AP
2304 8 AP
4608 9 AP
9216 10 AP
18,414 total nuggets bought for 1,000 nuggets for $27.00 US x 19 roughly $513US

unless my calculations are wrong.

I'm not on these premium worlds yet to test it out.

DeletedUser

The price doesn't double, it increases with 54 nuggets every time you buy an AP.

DeletedUser

@Good Feather : That's for a single skill, not a attribute class.

@Scareless : If cost increases by 54 nugs each time then

54 x 40 = 2160 nugs for 40th AP

(to be completely correct in maths)

54 nugs (1st AP) + 2160 nugs (40th AP) = 2214 nugs

40 APs total / 2 = 20

2214 x 20 = 44280 nuggets (total cost)

1000 nugs = $29 US

44280 / 1000 = 44.28

$29 US x 44.28 = $1284.12

So if there's a increasing cost of 54 additional nugs per AP, then the cost of 40 APs is $1284.12 (before transaction charges).

DeletedUser

Yes those calculations are right, but the player in question didn't buy 40 AP's , you must look at his gear too, etc. :)

DeletedUser

Yes those calculations are right, but the player in question didn't buy 40 AP's , you must look at his gear too, etc. :)
Well we just have to wait until somebody provides the full figures taking into account the items in hand.

But lets assume that 25 of those APs are brought. That equals 14175 nuggets which equals $411.07 US.

Honestly (& no offense to TW), the game isn't worth $400+US. When I see these types of $ figures appearing in games like this (I've seen it in other games as well - with totals exceeding $1000), I hear either 'borrowed' (stolen) cards or mental disorder.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well spending $400 will hopefully get us some new features in the game for the rest of us.

When world Arizona started we only had 147,000 people playing and that # had been dwindling down fast. Now we have over 300,000 right when W14 opened up.

If anything these premium features are keeping players interested and they aren't being pushed away in droves as once thought on opening day of W-AZ

DeletedUser

If I want out of job right now, Id be fine with spending a bit on this game, Id probably only buy automation and extra energy though. As someone else stated, putting a bit of money into this game, might help with getting a few new features into the game.