Jakkal's Bank Robbery

DeletedUser

Shh....shh Jakkals, a bit more respect, we don't want your reputation going down...

And now I think it is really what Jakkals said, I agree, Victor, on half of what you said but why does forts make appointments... :(?

And now someone has to post a remake of the bank robbery idea because it is really getting out of hand and this post became a verbal warground about respect now...

DeletedUser563

well my other idea today was to hack into the ashleymadison site and sell their info to jealous husbands. Like him I also did some market research convincing me that there would be a market for this site.so perhaps better for me to work on this popular idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

I can think of several quite active towns, dueler or builder towns, who wouldn't have a chance if a couple of tanks came through their town.
A game that is trying to make money, by advertisements and also ingame microtransactions, is not going to benefit from driving away customers, i.e. players.

Consider this scenario.

You get on once every couple of days. You log on to discover that someone has robbed your bank, possibly multiple times, and you couldn't do anything about.
How exactly would that encourage more players to stay in the game?

DeletedUser

Jakkal, tell me please, why you ignore the opinions of people that your idea is a little like a bank robbery? Why you ignore the opinions of people that the realism in this idea is important?

It's a shame that I did not say in English freely, otherwise I would have broken your map and rules to the nines.

Proposal
A more balanced bank robbery. Since it appears a very weak idea has passed the voting stage in Russia. I thought that I should attempt a more realistic idea to give the developers more options.
It's funny. Truly.

[b. What will be the initiation cost]
$100 per resident
Why?

[a. Who should initiate the battle]
A town founder or town councillor

[c. Who may participate on the attacking side]
Town based participation only:
Nonsense! Anyone may be a robber, if he is registered in the allotted time for this! And any player may protect the bank of the city if he is registered in the allotted time for this!

Jakkals said:
The more I argue this idea the more I get the idea that most players on forum is noobs.

Yes! More than 300 players on the Russian forum who voted for my idea, are all noobs too.

DeletedUser563

No those that voted your idea truly was noobs. Or it was probably just a joke from them. Vote through the worst idea. Realistic as in something that the developers would work on. That is subtle nuance that you with your limited english would not understand. Well there has been 3 constant posters in this idea besides me Gandalf, you and glorry. Therefore perhaps its better for you to concentrate on your own idea so that others can have a say on this the most popular idea on the ideas forum(by number of posters and views :D)

DeletedUser563

why 100 per resident , there must be something you can lose as well . In RL you can lose your life , get injured or be incarcerated for long times. There is a trade off , an unsuccessful robbery in RL cost you something and so it should cost your town as well if you lose. perhaps we should increase this and work on the principle that you must place as a wager an amount equal to the amount you want to loot to a maximum of 100000. This would follow normal strategy game principles that if you lost an attack the defending town if strong enough will run to your town and ransack it and steal your loot. This will mean that if you lose the defending town get all the money in their treasury or treasury - player

why town based> See gotsman this is why your a rookie. I considered all the various variations on this like free participation in other words townless participation. Townless participation means there must be a board of town robberies. This keeps it between towns and limited to towns only. So the townsfolk of both towns receive reports and participate and there is no need to protect fort fights as towns robberies is only viewable on that level. I also considered say groups of friends making a team: well they can just all join one town and work on that basis:problem solved. So from all viewpoints that aspect is solid and desirable. So see I am not some kind of megalomaniac who only spew out parts of my idea in an unorganized fashion. Rather I consider each part of the puzzle , identify shortcomings and adjust my idea accordingly.

As you also see I am morphing* my idea into an idea closer to some user input. But there is some disambiguation between the original post and some concepts I introduced later. With everyone only considering perhaps the original post and not responding to actual later posts it creates a disjointed view between what the idea could now be and what it is at the moment. This may all be Gobbledygook to your translator and you may doubt thinking what gibberish is this but unfortunately my skills is not as good in the language as well so that I can use alternatives.

*The smooth transformation of one image into another using digital tweening. From morph the british plasticine man with a wicked sense of humor.
Morph-NMM-Bradford.jpg

DeletedUser34315

Abuse prevention issue: what's to prevent me from not defending my 2m town treasury and letting someone taking it, then they give me a cut?

DeletedUser563

for the benefit of others since i discussed this with gandalf in game. moderators and permanent bans(pushing).

DeletedUser16008

Meh noob this noob that is all im hearing here jackals, very tactful if not very wise. A tip for you, in an Ideas and Brainfarts section you want support and input not alienate people everytime you open your mouth. This isnt saloon or D&D where things are very different and youd do well to understand for an idea to pass it needs a high vote, far as I can tell with your current popularity and attitude you've as much chance of that happening as you have your rep getting to 2 greens before reaching the 1000th post. :no:

The idea is over complicated and your just digging yourself and your idea a bigger hole. If you wish people to rip it to pieces just carry on the way your going.My dear jackals Did you even bother with any kind of history or just go through your entire schooling without a clue how these events really unfolded ?

Glorry re the appointment. ill answer you as it seems Mr Dingo here hasn't a CLUE about history or anything to do with why battles are fought with 2 sides often all laid out exactly just like an appointment. Im sure youll get it pretty quickly.

It has often been the case battles have had an agreed and allotted appointment and start time throughout history, once the sides have massed and camped there is no sudden attack. These things take time to arrange even when there. Orders to be handed out guns to be placed and regiments to be formed, all of which takes time and cannot be done in secret. Sides would even arrange terms and location from time to time and yes even start times.

Forts are a huge team effort thats why you need an appointment such as an attack time attackers need the time to organise and form up, not exactly easy to hide... similarly you will have rarely found an attack of any such size not having defenders aware or whats massing on their doorstep. Its called having scouts and lookouts... unlike banks which as a rule get along fine on a day to day basis and have a much more daily role in the life of a town. It is really just a shop that trades money nothing more. Hence why having an appointment to rob one is imo just plain stupid and totally unrealistic in any shape or form.

DeletedUser

why 100 per resident , there must be something you can lose as well .

why town based> See gotsman this is why your a rookie. I considered all the various variations on this like free participation in other words townless participation. Townless participation means there must be a board of town robberies. This keeps it between towns and limited to towns only.
This is idiocy. Bank robbery is not a war between the cities. Reports should be provided only by residents of the city where the bank was attacked.

DeletedUser563

.that's not what i said.that topic has been covered i am not going to explain it further. or the motivation for it.

DeletedUser

Why aren't any other people posting in this topic, what happened to the usual supporters?

DeletedUser8627

If anything like this were to be passed, first thing players need to forget about at this point is the rewards gained from a bank robbery and concentrate more on the mechanics instead.

It's a nice idea I must say but has too many flaws at this point. Even considering the details placed in fort battles and how much was changed since it's release, more precision would need to be added to this idea.

DeletedUser563

i agree about the money da twista how would you change the concept i will consider different takes. seems the gates and the gatling guns is not popular taking them away however limits your defenses.

DeletedUser

Defence( how do you spell defence or defense? :p) does not necessarily have to be gates and guns. It can be altered to the NPCs, like all the HP of the gates will be altered to the NPC standing where the Gates should be, problem solved, no need the gates now. Guns can be altered to guards on top of the roofs, problem solved, no need for Gatling guns . :)

DeletedUser563

according to wiktionary defense is the us version of the word defence. So you can use anyone of them except if your writing a letter to prince charles then i guess your bound to use defence :D. Yes stationed guards can fill in for gatling guns and gates. I was also thinking of having different maps to chose from , say for example a dueling oriented or fort fighting oriented map or a combo map. Something that will make a town have a defense closer to their skill levels. And give a wider range to attackers as well.

DeletedUser

explain "many ways"
1. Increase the number of NPC-guards.
2. Increase aiming.
3. Increase damage.
4. Increase the health of the NPC-guards.
5. Limit the number of rounds for the bank robbery (maximum of 20 minutes).