Is this A good set of Laws and regulations for my Town?

• Thread starter David Schofield
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I came up with them myself, I hope you think they are good, Tell me If theres anything I need to add.

The Schofield Doctrine (Schofield Constitution)

Introduction: We The Township, In order to form a Perfect Union, Establish Justice and Order throughout The land, to ensure Domestic Tranquility and Unite the People under a Common Good.

Part I. The Township and Leadership
Article I.The Founder.
The Founder will act as Commander and Chief, Declare War or Peace, Create Treatys, Appoint Council members, Create Laws, Vote On Laws, Uphold The Laws, Control the town, Act as the Main Power of the town, and Assist the Common Good, and Be supported by the Bill Of Rights.

Article II.The Councilship
The Councilship will act as Legislation, Create Laws, Vote on Laws, Uphold the Laws, and Act as A secondary Power, and Follow the Bill Of Rights and Be supported by the Bill Of Rights.

Article III.The Councilship of Justice
The Councilship of Justice will Act as the Judiciary branch, Uphold Laws, Assist the Common good and make sure Laws follow the Bill Of Rights, and Follow the Bill Of Rights and Be supported by the Bill Of Rights.

Article IV.The Citizenship
Follow the Bill Of Rights and Be supported by the Bill Of Rights.

Article V.The Convicted (Criminals)
Follow the Bill Of Rights ~or else~

The Bill Of Rights (The Base Laws)
1.Right To Live Free or Die Hard
(Self Explanitory)
2.Right to Bear Arms and Have a well-Regulated Milita or Army
(Self Explanitory)
3.Right to Duel the Enemy but not the friend
(Duel other towns Not Associated with/or enemys with The Schofield Township.)
4.Protection from Unreasonable Seizure
(No one can extort you for your stuff)
5.Right to Due Court Process unless Inactive for 12 days
(12 days to show up in court or your kicked)
6.Trial By Counciler Majority or Judge Majority
(A regular Trial that is decided with Councilman Majority)
7.Civil trial by Citizen Jury
(Requestable: Fellow Citizens will Be the Jurors of the Trial)
8.Protection from unreasonable punishment and excessive fines (250+)
Can't Kick you early or Fine you for a lot of money without cause.
9.Protection of rights not specifically enumerated by the Bill Of Rights
(Laws are Upheld by the Bill Of Rights)
10.Survive and thrive, Do not go Inactive.
(Inactivity for 14 days gets you kicked, inactivity for 12 days after commiting a crime gets you kicked)
11.Follow the Laws or be punished
(Self Explanitory)
12.Follow the Ammendments added to the Constitution and Bill Of Rights.
(Self Explanitory)

Schofield Valley, 1/1/09 (1/1/89 in the West ;))

DeletedUser

:huh:
:unsure:
:nowink:

You don't really need these...
I mean Live free or die hard? I thought it was a good movie too but...
The USA needs a constitution. Genuinely needs it to function well because it has so many people and many of them are not soft teddy bears and want to hurt people. It organizes the Nation.

Mate. This is The West. While it may seem so cool that you have a mini US of A in a game, it is like using a machine gun to get rid of those ants in your backyard. Why, and it's not needed.

It's unfortunate for you to have wasted so much of your time, but my town in every world I am in is functioning like clockwork and there are no incidents of extortion and no need for a judge or a fair trial. Inactives are booted, without some rule in the middle of a dusty tome saying 'after x amount of days these guys are gone'.

And people can kick you without cause. I know, it happened to me in World Four. They can and will kick you without second thought if they so please, and no little article is going to prevent them from doing so. For the benefit of everyone in your town and yourself, please, just get rid of this Constitution. Unless your town recently seceded from the British and owes a large amount of cash to the French, you're wasting everyone's time.

DeletedUser

WAY too much. You'll be lucky to get anyone to abide by half of those rules.

DeletedUser

i didn't bother to read the rules but that's a cute little ferret in the picture.
(not as cute as mine though :D)

DeletedUser

I need a constitution because I owe myself alot of money and I seceded from the wilderness ;)

DeletedUser

It might scare away the cowards, but I think it's great David. Everybody has their own way of doing things, and I think you did a nice job.

DeletedUser3741

You really dont need this

Simple Rules -
Only Builders, Build
Donate as much as you can

DeletedUser

Too complicated, I wont read it all (I prefer simple concept)

Just pick 1 diplomator, 1 attacking coordinator, and 1 chief worker
Give your all members freedom, the rights to speak and choose
Everything will be fine

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I need a constitution because I owe myself alot of money and I seceded from the wilderness ;)

:huh:
:unsure:
:blink:

You owe yourself a lot of money, and you seceded from the Wilderness.

Taking American History in class are you? Silly child...

DeletedUser

Profanity is still profanity if it's starred out. Keep it PG13 please :)