Is it just me?

DeletedUser

I have been doing jobs and not getting any experience at all for the jobs, do you always get experience for doing jobs or is it only sometimes? I'm trying to get to level 2

DeletedUser

You should be getting something. The only job that doesn't give xp is Stream Fishing.

You are level 1 so you are probably trying to pick tobacco? If you are following the quest for the tobacco make sure you are only picking it for 3 minutes. Otherwise you can't complete the quest.

Other than that I would say do jobs for 2 hours and check your reports. Each job will give you a report when you've completed it listing how much money and xp you received for doing that job. Your motivation for doing that job will be listed as well. I can't imagine you've taken your motivation down to 0 on any job at level 1.

If you aren't on the tobacco quest because you have completed it successfully and if your reports show you received xp you can refresh your browser. Sometimes you must do this to update your current stats.

I hope some of this helps you. If not, post here again telling us exactly what job you are doing, for how long, and what your reports say.

DeletedUser

Another innocent victim of the useless 10-minute job length default?

DeletedUser

Yes Luap, because if it was set to 2 hours default this never would have happened. :rollg:

It is from people not reading the quest requirements, not what the default job length is. The only way this would not have happened was if the default job length is 3 minutes. Sorry, you can't use this as justification for your 2 hour default idea.

DeletedUser

I think you get at least one xp from all jobs except stream fishing...

They should make the max length 8 hours...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies, I am on a quest to reach level 2, that is all it says. How do I find out the default time for jobs? I'm doing everything and anything to try and get points.

DeletedUser

Click on a job (that is not faded out), open the drop-down in the bottom-left and select "2 hours"

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies, I am on a quest to reach level 2, that is all it says. How do I find out the default time for jobs? I'm doing everything and anything to try and get points.
The default is 10 minutes. Every time you open a job window, it will default the job length to 10 minutes. You will want to change that to something longer in nearly all instances; apparently one of the noob quests now calls for doing a certain job for 40 minutes, which (if you want to do exactly 40 minutes and not an hour) makes use of the 10 and the 30 minute options. Other than that, there is almost no situation where you'll ever want to choose the 10 minute setting.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. I'm getting a few points today. Which jobs are best for getting points?