Investment

DeletedUser

Hey I was thinking that banks should be more like real banks.

Anyone can go to a bank and ask for money to be loaned, the bank manager (a member of the town) can approve the loan and set payment and intrest rates.

Also, the town collects intrest from these loans and they can make money?

DeletedUser

i like this, there are more ideas a bit like this under the thread 'business'

DeletedUser

Would be a bummer if a player took out a massive loan and then deleted his account though

DeletedUser

the money would have to be returned to the bank then...

the person taking out the loan can choose when to pay back, but if they go over the deadline set by the bank, a bounty gets put on thier head, and they get a bad reputation, and won't be able to get a loan easily again

DeletedUser

is there already a facility for bank robbing?

if not, their should be, and it work so that you have a % chance of success, like you do for picking cotton say, but it is directly linked to you skill levels, such as hiding and planning, and they higher they are, the greater you % chance is

banks could get more protection, such as hiring guards, but this would cost money, and woulod only be available to the richer banks, with more money to protect. these systems would lower players % chance of pulling off a successful robbery

DeletedUser

what if they are the strongest player in the game and you gave him the loan and he didnt want to pay it back?

DeletedUser

maybe there is a system of 'government men' introduced? this would link well with the 'bad and good meter' too...

basically, if a player gets too out of control, ie too much, bank robbing, hijacking wagons etc, and their 'bad' level became maximum, then 'goverment men' would come and take them to prison for a while, or fine them, or at leats make them pay back their debt. your 'bad' level would increase the lonfer it took to pay back your loan.

the idea with government men, is that you couldn't really fight back, one man against hundreds of government men, (like at the end of butch cassidy and the sundance kid). so even if you were the strongest player, their woul always bge an AI opponenet stronger than you, in the form of government men.

hope that makes sense!

DeletedUser

i think there is a topic on good and bad meter?
ahh i see so the town can deside to give the loan...
good idea :D

DeletedUser

yeah,there's a topic about it somewhere... dunno where it is now, but you kind ahave to read it to understand that idea..

all these ideas are starting to link together!

DeletedUser

they should try to clean it up or completely delete all teh forums to make it clean and make sure it stays that way

DeletedUser

I like the idea of robing a bank.

But loans could get out of hand. Give a cowboy the means to get rich quick, and you land up with an economic slide.

Unless these are loans from towns with the dollar in the bank, saved.
Then it is their decision and problem if it back fires.

But to offer nearly 7000 players free cash opens a pandora's box of hassle.

or maybe not =D

DeletedUser

yes yes but it has come to mind robing towns for your towns?
fight for your town!
there wil be shotouts and the hole bit:D

DeletedUser

yes but my origional post was that'd itd be up to the bank manager (an appointed member of the town) to approve any loan, so its on his head if the loan isnt paid back

DeletedUser

yup thats why the bank dude will have to be very smart or just have really tuff dudes to help him out

DeletedUser

yeah, someone else said that if a loan is not re-paid, a bounty goes on his head and the player goes to the 'bad side' of the good bad meter

(see some other topic about good/bad meter)

DeletedUser

but that what would the job give you? lots of xp?
would it require alot of skills like apperance and stuff all crisma