In The West, is there such thing as a "best" class?

DeletedUser

In The West, is there such thing as a "best" class? I'm level 6 at the moment, almost 7, and as I'm getting closer to level 10, I'm wondering which class I should go for. I've heard some say that Soldier is the best class overall, is this true? I've also heard that Dueller is inferior to soldier....

Pardon my question, but I'm still just a new player. I need input and help from other players too.

DeletedUser

Now, I've heard that said before, but why would Dueler be the worst class? I particularily like the Dueler portraits/character pictures most, that's why I've thought of choosing it for the most part.

DeletedUser

In The West, is there such thing as a "best" class? I'm level 6 at the moment, almost 7, and as I'm getting closer to level 10, I'm wondering which class I should go for. I've heard some say that Soldier is the best class overall, is this true? I've also heard that Dueller is inferior to soldier....

Pardon my question, but I'm still just a new player. I need input and help from other players too.

There's no "best" class per se. Depending on what you like, choose that class.

Soldiers are arguably "best" at duels due to their HP bonus, ability to use weapon 3 (or 6 with premium) levels earlier, not to mention +50% tactics bonus are all huge.

Duelists have bonus to travel and motivation recovery + more gold. In reality, these advantages aren't being utilized as often and people tend to become smarter and carry less cash, redner the more cash from victim advantage less important.

Workers = exp bonus, which can be quite a bit at later levels. Workers can also duel for exp if you so choose. If your goal is to join a new server and reach level 99 first (assume everyone has premium or nobody has premium so the playing field is level), then workers are much more likely to reach level 99 first due to exp bonus. They can gain dueling exp as well as any other class.

Adventurer = cash + items + free hotel. It's arguably the best "jack of all trade" class. You can duel enemy and sleep at their hotel for free (lv 2 or lv 4 hotel depending on premium). This can annoy the enemy to no end. cash + item bonus are also nice, allow you to have better chance of buying good gear.

If you want to try everything, building town, dueling, and work on jobs, I would recommend soldiers. You spend least amount of skills on dueling (due to tactic bonus + HP) and you can match other classes. Warning, if you do this route, I recommend being a firearm soldier. Melee soldier suffer from good exp jobs + class quest is biased against melee fighters in general.

DeletedUser

I would say Adventurer is the best overall class, especially if you are not sure what you want to do. Dueller is also good if you want to duel a lot and get around more quickly. If people are carrying less cash then being a Dueller means you can still make a decent living from it, especially since you can duel more, and since you can travel further there will always be rich people around with far too much cash.

Many people say Dueller is inferior to Soldier, but it seems to me they are just different types of fighter. If you want to spend a lot of time duelling mainly in offense and make your living from it, taking more chances then Dueller is better. But if you want to duel less and win more often, especially in defense, and not travel too far too often then Soldier is better.

DeletedUser

I'm level 7 now, so my time to decide is running out sooner than expected (I was level 3 when I made this thread). So would a choice for Soldier be good if I intend to mostly build/work and do some duelling on the side?

DeletedUser

None are Best
None Are Worst

All of them have perks which help them in different ways.

DeletedUser

I'm level 7 now, so my time to decide is running out sooner than expected (I was level 3 when I made this thread). So would a choice for Soldier be good if I intend to mostly build/work and do some duelling on the side?

Just choose which bonuses mean more to you. Blitzkrieg summed them up very well. And don't worry about it too much because the most important thing that will really have an impact on your XP, cash earnings, and duels is where you put your skill and attribute points.

DeletedUser

Just make a list of all the things you want to do, and add 1 point to each class that has bonuses that will be useful to you in each of these things. Total them all up and this should point to one class in particular that would be best for your own purposes, or else at least would rule out one or two classes that are least useful to you.

DeletedUser

I think soldiers the class for the late-game. They suck at the start but are better later on. Cause -3 levels to use a weapon you can level fast at the start anyway but later game you level really slow so its useful if you need to use a better weapon at a slightly lower level at the later game. +50% tactical you probably won't be getting that much tactic at the start. +5hp bonus is good later game, at the start even non-soldiers have more than enough hp to survive.

Duelers are fun but risky to use. The 10% more money if won a duel is nice but it sucks in early worlds like 1 and 2 cause most towns should have their banks raised up. But an exceptional class to gain good money and exp by dueling.

Workers are probably the fastest levelers or maybe duelers are. However their advantages are mostly for constructing towns, their very important in the latest servers but I think their useless in the early ones. They need high construction so they don't waste money when constructing, and you should also rely on others to put money into treasury. Its an ok class.

Adventurers are for those who likes doing quests. Their also good for making money, but since they will get a mixture of all different kinds of skills for job quests, they may not have enough dueling skills which leaves them vulnerable to other classes especially duelers cause they know adventurers are good at making money so they like to pick them as their first priority to duel. But this is a good class, making money allows them to buy good items and donate money to treasury to allow workers to build your town up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Adventurers have one major advantage that you overlooked.

Super rare items like the glowing weapons are more easier found by adventurers since they have a bonus.

Also the best product in the game, Indian Treasure, is only available to Adventurers, so they have the additional cool factor.

After every character reaches level 99 the soldier is the most powerful.

Double tactics is the best for dueling, period.

Red Falcon

Adventurers have one major advantage that you overlooked.

Super rare items like the glowing weapons are more easier found by adventurers since they have a bonus.

Also the best product in the game, Indian Treasure, is only available to Adventurers, so they have the additional cool factor.

After every character reaches level 99 the soldier is the most powerful.

Double tactics is the best for dueling, period.

Short answer: Soldiers and Adventurers are tied as best class ever! Rockin'! :indian:

DeletedUser

Soldiers are far better at the start, apparently in the first quest they get a medal giving them a massive +7 appearance and +8 tactics, as well as a speed increase. Duellers get a cheap yellow bandana giving them +1 appearance.