Website [In progress] Fortbattles.online

Dear friends,
I am back working on this now. Sorry for the delay. I was about to abandon this project but changed my mind for some reason (I am weird). I will go with a different interface. I will use the-west’s gui instead of bootstrap. This thing works great for admin dashboards but not really for a website like this or maybe I don’t have enough imagination to wrap everything up properly.

The leaderboard itself will take some time as I want to add different statistics (some of them mentioned above).

Maybe I will go for a ranking-like system with divisions for each category? Not sure but will see.

See you in the game!

Best regards,
Bill Boy Jack

Hi guys a quick update.

I’ve done 75% of the leaderboard that means the import of each individual player and it’s stats in that battle. Even on a fresh import, the process outperforms weststats. The import still taking 2-3 seconds the most. I’d like to thank Timzatko from Tw-Calc for letting me use their assets. This will save me a lot of time.

The town’s profile is also ready. At the moment only the battle history is available and the favorite side (att and deff). The town’s profile will include: how many battles the town participated in, favorite side, wins, losses, average attendance per month, average players per battle.

Experience gauge: this will be present on the player’s profile and town’s profile and will be calculated based on different factors. A level system will also be present to bring the competition to a new level.

Hall of Fame: best stats in a battle for each category: damage, crits, kos, dodged, ghosted, biggest hp.

I am open to suggestions. I hope you like where the project goes and you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Preview of the new interface (still working on it):
9a824f0a-6f4f-4d32-a8c4-43e5cb1a1954.jpeg

Kind regards,
Bill Boy Jack aka Criminus

I think those changes ain't online just yet?
Nope. I am constantly importing & deleting data for testing and the pages are available only by accessing them directly in the browser URL bar. Once the base is ready I will switch to the new interface which shouldn’t take long and all pages will be then available.

Right. You should now be able to check players profiles and I’ve added a few more details such as how many battles that user won or lost, and favourite weapon.
The avatar will be based on the favourite position: attack or def. The favourite weapon will be based on how many times a player uses that weapon overall. IMG_9168.png

Please mind I will switch to the new design this is only for debug.

Update with the new interface soon:
LhMzfab.jpg

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
The process is slow because I have limited time and also new ideas while working on the project. I think a game worlds monitor would be a good idea. This will include a statistic for each game world with fort battles activity (low, normal, high), average battles per month and so on (it will be based on imported fort battles). This will maybe help potential new players to pick an active world (not talking strictly about new new players but players from different countries looking for a decent world to play).

Not very far from opening this site for testing. I will make a post once everything is ready and will need your help to test & fix any issues.

Thank you for your time!

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
Howdy lads!

It's me again with some updates. I was away for about 2 months and now I am back with new ideas. Here are some images with the updated interface (not live yet - very soon it will tho).
We are almost there :D Thank you for your patience.

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-11.png

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

Atnightshow

Howdy lads!

It's me again with some updates. I was away for about 2 months and now I am back with new ideas. Here are some images with the updated interface (not live yet - very soon it will tho).
We are almost there :D Thank you for your patience.

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-11.png

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png
nice job, keep up the good work

Hi @criminus

As a member of the CM team, how is this data being transferred to your site? With the crackdown on scripts in play by @mnnielsen and @iulianp will we continue to see improvements to your site, or do you have privileges with an API? It would be a shame to see enthusiastic sites like this shut down because of a change in CM team. Maybe we can "hyborg" them so your site can be developed more!

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Hi @criminus

As a member of the CM team, how is this data being transferred to your site? With the crackdown on scripts in play by @mnnielsen and @iulianp will we continue to see improvements to your site, or do you have privileges with an API? It would be a shame to see enthusiastic sites like this shut down because of a change in CM team. Maybe we can "hyborg" them so your site can be developed more!
criminus is not a part of the CM team - the CM team is Community managers from the different servers, not mods and supporters :)

Atnightshow

I get it why the game is still a crap, the staff are so hypocrite :) once again you are treating community like a piece of trash, u don t even implement the stuff that we are asking for a long time ago only dumb update’s do something for this game stop milking money for the same items every year

Symbiote

tbh hud scripts improve gameplay a lot without making it unfair (from what i heard of), it's 3rd part voluntary work that does what the paid devs are supposed to; are you going to raid these and provide nothing to replace them? "please don't make our game good we want it as lame as possible" is what this conveys. hell nah man

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
Hi @criminus

Hi @roland jacobs !

The development of my project was not affected by the current management or rules. I was unable to continue the development as I left Scotland a while ago for the Christmas break.
The data is transferred via a custom script indeed but hopefully @mnnielsen will get us a list of approved safe scripts we can use.
I am sure she is already on the case and we will see a result in the following days/weeks. We cannot blame the management for doing their job and enforce the rules. If the scripts of all kind will have to be permanently banned I’m afraid I will have to abandon the project as there is no other way to save and send data safely from the game.

Best regards,
Criminus

NovaStar

Hi @roland jacobs !

The development of my project was not affected by the current management or rules. I was unable to continue the development as I left Scotland a while ago for the Christmas break.
The data is transferred via a custom script indeed but hopefully @mnnielsen will get us a list of approved safe scripts we can use.
I am sure she is already on the case and we will see a result in the following days/weeks. We cannot blame the management for doing their job and enforce the rules. If the scripts of all kind will have to be permanently banned I’m afraid I will have to abandon the project as there is no other way to save and send data safely from the game.

Best regards,
Criminus
I don't see in any foreseeable future where such a list can be provided by the CM, especially since the current one doesn't use any of them and probably doesn't even know which ones do what in full.

One problem is, many scripts and even the project you are currently working on....the players see that the "author" of these wonderful ideas are (or were at one time) TW-West Team so assume they are pre-approved; thus, landing us in our current situation.
As for all you intelligent guys out there creating scripts and "fort battles online", etc...wouldn't it be better to check in advance with INNO to see if these things would actually be approved first? Otherwise, you are wasting your precious time trying to help the players make their play lives easier in a game that has not kept up with the times, just to end up in this particular situation we are in now?

I did not see the CM make a comment at all about creating a new list of acceptable scripts, as they have already repeatedly told us that "clearly" ALL SCRIPTS are prohibited and even told us that has always been the case and has not changed, per the rules.

The prior "approved", but not approved, list of scripts is basically obsolete now and has been, as TW-Essentials was created that merged half or more of those scripts. While they say they are not banning colors or emojis, for example, the t-chat or whatever it was called is no longer available as stand-a-long, but part of TW-Essentials. Some of the features in TW-Essential are "bannable" but we do not have the option to pick and choose which features to enable.

In order to approve any scripts, I see the need to actually "hire" a person via INNO to view scripts and understand how they are used within the game (and maybe actually play the game USING them) AND that person would have to continuously monitor those scripts and any upcoming new ones. I, personally, do not see that happening. It sure would be nice, though if they did.

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
In this case it was my fault because I didn’t ask the questions before starting the project.
Fan made websites were and will be tolerated by InnoGames and also welcomed but the problem comes when we have to get and manipulate the ingame data. In this case it’s possible via a custom code that grabs and sends data away to my server.
I can of course add an option for the players to copy and paste the battle report from the browser’s response but then it could be changed before uploading it and it’s not going to work.
My method as well as westforts’ is grabbing that data and send it raw as it is automatically when the report is opened without a way to manipulate it or alter it.
The fact that I am a team member doesn’t change much I’m afraid.