Improvements to duelling

DeletedUser30224

This one will make huge NO vote from all those are not duellers and will be the new target of high level duellers, they are currently have those 0 motivation duellers. Also this idea will totally remove the advantage of being 0 motivation duellers which is not good and will get NO vote from those duellers too.

Best way to give more targets to high level duellers is this: Set a max level for duelling level (It could be 300 or 400, some level that they can not duel those people who are not consider themselves [exp gain] dueller). Just like current level progress: When a dueller will reach that level the duelling level wont increase any more but they still get experience and duel experience from duelling and it will add to their duelling experience but their duelling level wont increase any more. They can still duel all players in their duelling range but the exp gain is based on their duelling experience not their duelling level. (This will just make difference when two dueller with max duelling level face each other)

In wild west you were allowed to duel anyone you wanted. Why would we want limitations? ALso, those 0 mots should realize that their days are numbered. Something will change, if you want to live in the past then you'll be swept under the rug. Changes are coming, what changes we don't really know, but it's good to have a proposal to give Inno an idea of what we want and how we want it.

DeletedUser

i really like this idear , on the dutch server whe have the same problems , 3 guys just immigrated from W2 to Colorado (dutch server) , W2 was a real duelling world

the top 4 looks now like this

nr 1 duel level 631
nr 2 duel level 563
nr 3 duel level 556
nr 4 duel level 246 ??

So i hope Inno can bring duelling back to life :/

my english writing is a bit rusty forgive me :)

greeting Jan

That is the problem Jan Wandelaar, you have given a nice example to show it.
What are these high ranked duellers meant to do? They have 2 choices, quit or fort fight and not everyone wants to fort fight (take note inno please)

This one will make huge NO vote from all those are not duellers and will be the new target of high level duellers, they are currently have those 0 motivation duellers. Also this idea will totally remove the advantage of being 0 motivation duellers which is not good and will get NO vote from those duellers too.

Best way to give more targets to high level duellers is this: Set a max level for duelling level (It could be 300 or 400, some level that they can not duel those people who are not consider themselves [exp gain] dueller). Just like current level progress: When a dueller will reach that level the duelling level wont increase any more but they still get experience and duel experience from duelling and it will add to their duelling experience but their duelling level wont increase any more. They can still duel all players in their duelling range but the exp gain is based on their duelling experience not their duelling level. (This will just make difference when two dueller with max duelling level face each other)

0 MOT is going or at least Inno have said they are looking to change it so any 0 mot duellers voting against it will have no say when it eventually happens, so they can either try and have some input now and try and improve the gaming experience or just let inno get on with it and have no input.
What i have done with my idea is try to encourage duellers to duel other duellers and rise in the rankings and gain bonds. If they like the idea of gaining bonds and being a notorius dueller they wont be bothered with duelling non duellers, at least not as much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like that idea...
But the bonds are SUPER SUPER high. That´s over 35000 bonds in a month. Too much.
For a premium energy dueler or for people using refuels, they can make 50 to 70 duels per day with a very easy way: target the lower ones and use massive dosages of duel motivation.
Yeah, with the things used and the massive buyout of rocket turtle, at the end 250 upbs would be used on a single day... May be that´s why the values where talked.
When compared with fort battles, yeah the big whales and those that used those tutorials settings can get 20 to 26 per battle... but even those, doesn´t get 250 upbs on 12 battles (even that most of those are just moving around between forts and doing low level jobs).

On the other side, i see an option: Get 1000 duels and you can duel and be attacked by anyone that has 1000 or more duels, but you can only duel people that have less than the 1000 if they are on the 30% rule.

That way, duelers can fight around anyone and they can get there points on fair duels.
That way the 0 motivation duelers would only get to that 1000 threshold. After they passed it, the higher duelers can come after them in any duel level they have. A "normal dueler" can get to the 1000 is less than half year of play. Many get there even before they get to the 120 experience level.

DeletedUser30224

I like that idea...
But the bonds are SUPER SUPER high. That´s over 35000 bonds in a month.

Ehm ... what? :) Each month you get 250 bonds only if you are in the fortunate top 5, 200 if you are ranked between 6th and 20th, 100 bonds if you are ranked between 51th and 100th and so on. Or did I miss something? Check the below quote from the proposal.
↓↓↓↓↓
Proposal
Each month the people who are highest ranked in the monthly tables get bonds. Top 5 get 250 bonds, ranked 5-20 get 200 bonds, 20-50 get 100 bonds and 50-100 get 50 bonds.

DeletedUser19518

Changes are coming, what changes we don't really know, but it's good to have a proposal to give Inno an idea of what we want and how we want it.

Totally agree with you mate. Even sometimes cant calculate % of possibilities our voice to be heard by Inno.

DeletedUser

Here are my thoughts:

Start with 0 dueling experience (Not dueling level). You can fight anyone within say 10% of your character level, but if they are not within say 10% of your dueling experience, you get nothing from the duel. I'm actually trying to figure out how to explain, rather than 10% of your actual dueling experience, it is 10% of the position your dueling experience puts you in. So at worst you can always still fight at least 10% of the population and still get SOMETHING from the duel, at best it will be 20% (Say you have 10,000 players on a server. If you are at 0 duel experience your rank would be tied for last place, and you can fight the bottom 10%, or 1000, players, regardless of the actual duel experience. If you you start fighting duels and manage to get to #9000 on the list (The amount of duel experience needed would varying based on what everyone else has) then you can duel the bottom 20% or 2000. Once you reach #5000 on the list (Again, the actual amount varying) you could fight anyone ranked #4000 through #6000. If you are the top player at #1, you can fight the top 1000 duelers. Again, you are still limited by actual level, so if you are level 120 and ranked #1 you can't actually fight a level 40 player that is ranked #500, and likewise, if you are level 120 and ranked #1 you can still fight a player that is level 120 and ranked #10,000. You just don't get anything from it.

Have an overall leaderboard for dueling experience. The top five players or so get a special title, with the top guy perhaps getting a different one. This is a place to see how you stack up overall. Could be possible to give the top few players a special item/mount as well.

Have a monthly leaderboard, but only track a player's top 50 duels. This means you can still compete on the monthly leaderboard even if you aren't spending real money, and encourages people to seek out good competition. The monthly leaderboard top positions give bonds, like this original idea proposed. The main difference is that you only track a certain number of duels, to make it more fair to players who are not online as much or not spending money.

Another option would be to have a separate type of duel for when two players are both online, there could be a pause between rounds to set tactics and/or change a piece of gear. Since dueling someone who was online and could adapt tactics would be potentially more difficult, these would give the best gains.