"Ignorance is Bliss" - True or False?

DeletedUser

Thanks for trying to answer, but it still doesn't make sense.

First, your answer requires the acceptance of JR's words as absolute truth, i.e. - Religious people are ignorant, which I don't. That's no more an absolute truth than saying Asian people can't drive, or Jewish people are shrewd. These are not absolute truths. They are stereotypes and opinions; nothing more.

I was merely pointing out that JR was stating that religious people were ignorant and therefore should be happy, but to me that if faulty logic. If I were to say, "Women had it rough during the great depression, therefore they have a right to be bitter." That statement is true, however it wasn't just women who had it rough during the great depression. Almost everyone had it rough. So to pick out a group and give them "rights" - so to speak - based on an absolute is not a viable argument or point. I was merely stating the hole in JR's logic.

Now I get that my analogy isn't an exact fit, but I think it makes my point.

Too bad your point once again is invalid. lol.

DeletedUser13113

Too bad your point once again is invalid. lol.

By stating my point is invalid (which I still don't understand what you are basing that on. Just because you say something is invalid doesn't make it so), you are also invalidating your own, which was what I was saying anyway, so thanks for backing me up! ROFL.

DeletedUser

By stating my point is invalid (which I still don't understand what you are basing that on. Just because you say something is invalid doesn't make it so), you are also invalidating your own, which was what I was saying anyway, so thanks for backing me up! ROFL.
Seeing you laugh makes me wonder no more, ignorance is indeed biss, for once again you are adamantly wrong.