IFBC

-karelos-

Hello, I have a game account, but it says this when registering on IFBC4 - Settings vote
The player was not found.

Marny

Yes, it is a complete different environment (server and forum)
The registration process is shown in the link from Clever Hans

You need the registration anyway, when you join the contest.

for karelos copied to Page 2 (I hope, this ist not against any forum rule, if yes, feel free to delete)

Harriet Oleson

Hello, I have a game account, but it says this when registering on IFBC4 - Settings vote
The player was not found.
Same for me ...
But after reading the link quoted by Clever Hans, I think "game account" doesn't mean "game account in any markets like .net etc", but "game account on events.the-west.net servers".

If someone can confirm it ? I'm saying this cause in the link, it's written :
"If you don't have a game account, send us an e-mail and we will create a game account for you: west-ts@support.innogames.com
Please send us your desired nickname! Your account will be linked to the e-mail address from which you contact us! Please expect at least 48 hours for the account creation."

And I don't know why we'd have to send an email to create a game account if it was for a normal game account.

It'd be much more convenient if we could create our account directly by ourselves as we do when we register in any market, instead of having to "ask for it" and wait 48h ... I don't know why it's like that here ?

About the IFBC itself, I've never participated to an IFBC, but I thought it was mainly an international FF competition. Here I see in the 3 options, there are settings about duels, experience bonus or whatever and I wonder what does it have to do with FF lol ? In the end, that means it's just like an international speed server but a bit more FF oriented ? I thought we might be able to start at level 250 and with big money from the start, or something, and the principle would mainly be about strategy, gear/build choices, and team work; not about rushing to farm and reach the higher level + gather the most money the sooner possible, the kind of things that has always made me reluctant to participate to speed worlds ...

Marny

"If you don't have a game account, send us an e-mail and we will create a game account for you: west-ts@support.innogames.com
Please send us your desired nickname! Your account will be linked to the e-mail address from which you contact us! Please expect at least 48 hours for the account creation."

And I don't know why we'd have to send an email to create a game account if it was for a normal game account.

It'd be much more convenient if we could create our account directly by ourselves as we do when we register in any market, instead of having to "ask for it" and wait 48h ... I don't know why it's like that here ?

Harriet,

Yes, it IS a completely independent environment (server and forums)

And (as I assume it) the different rules for account registration exist to avoid spam-users, as well for events as for polls.

Harriet Oleson

Thanks for the confirmation !

And for the account creation rules, I've just checked and indeed : seems like we can create accounts with fake mail adresses on normal servers. I really thought cheaters had to create a real new mail adress for each account and so here, the fact to be forced to send a mail seemed fully meaningless : in both cases it would have been the same, ie need to create a new mail adress for each account.

But still, instead of forcing to send a mail and wait for 48h, a requirement of automatic mail validation would have been so much better (you know : a mail automatically sent in which there's a link to click to validate our mail adress, and without what we can't have access to the game). It should be like that in normal game too. That's not normal to let players use fake mail adresses to register, no wonder there are so many multi accounts in the normal game if there's no limitation at all ... But well, not the thread to talk about that, sorry xD. Thanks again for your answer.

ra1g

Thanks for the confirmation !

And for the account creation rules, I've just checked and indeed : seems like we can create accounts with fake mail adresses on normal servers. I really thought cheaters had to create a real new mail adress for each account and so here, the fact to be forced to send a mail seemed fully meaningless : in both cases it would have been the same, ie need to create a new mail adress for each account.

But still, instead of forcing to send a mail and wait for 48h, a requirement of automatic mail validation would have been so much better (you know : a mail automatically sent in which there's a link to click to validate our mail adress, and without what we can't have access to the game). It should be like that in normal game too. That's not normal to let players use fake mail adresses to register, no wonder there are so many multi accounts in the normal game if there's no limitation at all ... But well, not the thread to talk about that, sorry xD. Thanks again for your answer.
someone correct me if im wrong, but you can not use the market if you dont have a verified email address, so at least part of the game is protected in this way.

Ektoras BOTrini

About the IFBC itself, I've never participated to an IFBC, but I thought it was mainly an international FF competition. Here I see in the 3 options, there are settings about duels, experience bonus or whatever and I wonder what does it have to do with FF lol ? In the end, that means it's just like an international speed server but a bit more FF oriented ? I thought we might be able to start at level 250 and with big money from the start, or something, and the principle would mainly be about strategy, gear/build choices, and team work; not about rushing to farm and reach the higher level + gather the most money the sooner possible, the kind of things that has always made me reluctant to participate to speed worlds ...
Duels should be inactive overall, but I think they leave them active for days that there won't be any Fights so people that want to play in that server could duel but again I find it a bit useless to be able to duel. It's a FF tournament no one cares about dueling unless it's someone that never wins in duels and would like to showcase his dueling skills in that server. Option C is by far the best for non-multi accounts/botters , with only 100% xp bonus and no xp sets , one will find it extremely difficult to level up at least once so that's good. The money bonuses and all the other bonuses for option C is also very good because realistically you need the money to be able to buy buffs/skill reset positions etc. 250 is not the way to go , even if that's the level cap , being maxed out level will cause some issues but I guess that's InnoGames fault for making the 250 level cap in the first place.

Moral of the story: If you don't want to face hardcore clickers or autoclickers or multiaccounts , just choose option C.

Thanatoss

Option A isnt bad maybe boring

Whoever thought of option B must have ten pcs and autoclick scripts

C i like it very much seems the most fun

PrancingPurplePony

the reason for the email to get an event account is that the event world is not currently running an event so no one can join. People that already had an event account could join the forum right away,. Those of us without an event account needed that to be able to join the event forum. BTW, it did not take 48 hours for me to get a link for the event world, pretty sure I had a response in less than 24 hrs.

-karelos-

Same for me ...
But after reading the link quoted by Clever Hans, I think "game account" doesn't mean "game account in any markets like .net etc", but "game account on events.the-west.net servers".

Thank you very much for the advice. -karelos-

-karelos-

the reason for the email to get an event account is that the event world is not currently running an event so no one can join. People that already had an event account could join the forum right away,. Those of us without an event account needed that to be able to join the event forum. BTW, it did not take 48 hours for me to get a link for the event world, pretty sure I had a response in less than 24 hrs.
Thank you very much for the advice. -karelos-

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
Screenshot_3.png

Howdy everyone!

Apologize for the confusion, we've added the info in the forum's header.
Hopefully this will help a lot of players trying to log in with their regular forum account.

Kind regards,
Criminus