Idea - Secure Trading

• Thread starter DeletedUser38879
  • Start date

DeletedUser38879

The idea I have is to afford secure trading in The West. The issue that inspired this idea are sales thieves that ignore marked sales. Also undermined sales discussed in an alliance or town chat between two players is a problem.

I'm aware that Market sales can be set for Alliance and Town members. Yet, there are still several issues with negotiating a sale with another player. First, the Town Bulletin Board feature allows players to join town and thereby alliances. Then some of those players have the intent of abusing player-to-player Market sales. Second, players that wish to not join a town, yet are active with Market sales, must arrange a whisper with a potential buyer. That is still no guarantee that the sale will be effective.

Other MMO games have a secure trade feature that is an interface between two players. The seller places the item in a sales pane. The buyer then selects the item and inputs the cash value or an item to trade. Many players of The West enjoy bartering versus cash payments. Those players would use a secure trade feature regularly.

The Market is for auctioning not direct sales. So having a direct sale feature like this would be a great addition.

Thanks!

Al35ul

The idea was recommended many times before but was, to the best of my knowledge, refused. From what I remember, the main counter argument against it was that thieves existed in the real West, thus making the game as similar to the old West as possible (not insinuating that stealing items is a good thing :p)

DeletedUser36979

Back in the old days, people also traded person to person, outside the auctionhouses.o_O But I guess the InnoStaff didn't do the research well enough... with also would explain the Star Wars weapons ;)

DeletedUser35533

Its a good idea so it will never be implemented. I know, I know but humor is all I have left.

with also would explain the Star Wars weapons ;)
they should bring those back but instead of a curved sword, they should use Hernan Cortes' short sword style or some other more fitting design (for example [Sharp conquistador sword] [Sharp foil] [Will Munny's sabre] [Johann's hunter's sword])