I think i cracked prayin!

DeletedUser

My belief is that praying once every Sunday brings you luck for the entire week.

DeletedUser

deducing prayer efect from 4 results reminds me of one anecdote.

"whats the chance to meet a dinosour in the middle of Broadway ?"
"50%. Either you'll meet him, either you dont"

i dont have words describing how lame this "prayer deduction" is...

DeletedUser

Praying

I noticed that Praying for me helps me find the work item. I worked the job "cowboy" for 14 hours once and did not get a saddel then i went to my town and pray'ed and i worked another 2 hour shift at cowboy and found the saddel...

DeletedUser

I've never seen any connection to prayer and building. There are other methods that seem much more reliable for getting shiny items in stores.
One of our builders prays before completing the last stretch of each building, and it looks like since that started happening, we got a lot of fancy equipment in those stores - I can therefore not discount this possibility. Not saying it is statistically significant or anything (for all the smarties out there), but it looks like it helped our stores, otherwise we started getting very lucky.

I would like to hear what other reliable methods you have for getting shiny items in store however - maybe we did some of them unwittingly?

DeletedUser

deducing prayer efect from 4 results reminds me of one anecdote.

"whats the chance to meet a dinosour in the middle of Broadway ?"
"50%. Either you'll meet him, either you dont"

i dont have words describing how lame this "prayer deduction" is...

There's no chance of meeting a dinosaur on broadway, unless you consider a discarded pet alligator coming up out of the sewers a dinosaur. So I take your comment as more of your personal beliefs about real life prayer, than prayer in the game. I see a lot of comments like this. It's ridiculous.

The developers have stated that praying in the game has a random effect, so unless you think the game developers are deceiving us, there's more than enough evidence to believe that in-game prayer does something. Which pretty much makes "prayer deduction" completely relevant, and your comment lame.

Yes, it's silly to think that a few experiences can be used to determine the code behind in-game prayer. But unless the devs are going to spill the beans, such discussions is all we have. The funny thing is, people will particpate in a very similar thread speculating about other unknown game features, but because 'prayer' is attached to this particular feature, they get all weird, letting their real world prejudices and ignorances affect their beliefs about a programmed game feature. That... is just plain stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There's no chance of meeting a dinosaur on broadway, unless you consider a discarded pet alligator coming up out of the sewers a dinosaur. So I take your comment as more of your personal beliefs about real life prayer, than prayer in the game. I see a lot of comments like this. It's ridiculous.

The developers have stated that praying in the game has a random effect, so unless you think the game developers are deceiving us, there's more than enough evidence to believe that in-game prayer does something. Which pretty much makes "prayer deduction" completely relevant, and your comment lame.

Yes, it's silly to think that a few experiences can be used to determine the code behind in-game prayer. But unless the devs are going to spill the beans, such discussions is all we have. The funny thing is, people will particpate in a very similar thread speculating about other unknown game features, but because 'prayer' is attached to this particular feature, they get all weird, letting their real world prejudices and ignorances affect their beliefs about a programmed game feature. That... is just plain stupid.

I think you're letting your RL prejudices get in the way. His whole point is the fact that its from 4 tries which is stupid.

DeletedUser

One of our builders prays before completing the last stretch of each building, and it looks like since that started happening, we got a lot of fancy equipment in those stores - I can therefore not discount this possibility. Not saying it is statistically significant or anything (for all the smarties out there), but it looks like it helped our stores, otherwise we started getting very lucky.

I would like to hear what other reliable methods you have for getting shiny items in store however - maybe we did some of them unwittingly?

I agree with you. I'm praying before building any section of the shops in the two towns where I'm a main builder and in both cases we have noticably more fancy glowing equipment than in other towns. It may be a fluke but I'm not going to stop praying!

DeletedUser

I'm normally fairly adept at decoding your "spelling" but you've got me stumped this time. :huh:

its semites ( I think I spelled wrong again), What clerics do in fantasy, When will they Add something new to the prayer scsteym. It's just that little letter jump and vanish into the words I type.:eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

Semites, as in people descended from Shem? That still makes no sense.

DeletedUser

well i guess to make your prayers work in the game you should wake up at 5 am on sunday and pray for 2 hours. Thats how i think the prayers will have an effect on your game play :D

DeletedUser

I found out what prayer does

I did a test run of prayer and prayed 24 hours straight on World 1 server with a lvl 1 character since I had some free time. It wasn't that bad since i was also working on my comp during that time and just staying logged in and checking every 20 mins or so. Guess what happened . . . I passed out and my character moved to the middle of the map and had full health, but no energy. Guess praying too much does hurt.:blink:

I'm going to attempt 23.75 and tobacco harvest when i have more free time. Wish me luck. 'course I won't tell you guys the result whether it is good or bad since it is in my best interest. :p

DeletedUser

I'm normally fairly adept at decoding your "spelling" but you've got me stumped this time. :huh:

I think lewis means "smite" as in to afflict suffering:

"Wow, next [feature after prayer] will be smiting other players you hate and give them bad luck."

DeletedUser

Prayer gives you wings

No that's red bull.. and even it has a chance to injure or kill, so becarefull when playing with maroon colored bovine, could get wings, could get ran the hell down!

Prayer under the common issuance of the word is suppose to be positive and helpful. to benefit the one doing the praying or the one the prayer is praying for. Voodoo on the other hand is some damn nasty stuff. I got turned into a newt once!

Well.. I got better...

anyhow.

Thing is, from all that I have just wasted a entire day of my life reading through and will never apply to everyday life unless I'm ported back to 1800's America... is that this game runs on probabilities and you can NOT scientifically test probabilities.. probably..

DeletedUser

I think lewis means "smite" as in to afflict suffering:

"Wow, next [feature after prayer] will be smiting other players you hate and give them bad luck."
I thought of that, but what's the connection between smite and druids? Smiting is something God does, ennit?