I don't like big alliances

DeletedUser

My personal opinion is that all these big alliances destroy the fun of the game. I don't like to conform to an alliance, and I hate that Dead Can Dance (DCD) and The Northwest Territory (NWT) practically owns the north west parts of w5 where I live and actually seems to work together.

As a protest I just attacked a small fort belonging to DCD. I know I probably can't win this battle, but the rebel in me will fight anyway. I think that anyone that agrees with me about these big allianses should join me at the fort "deadcandancetoo" tomorrow at 9:56 PM.

DeletedUser

In our home town i call her the Wicked Witch of the West ... haha.

DeletedUser

As a protest, you're going to give them XP? Attacker's don't win fort battles unless the defenders are a) stupid or b) far below the 128 limit.

DeletedUser

It's better to fight and loose then just to give up. I hope that more people stand up against these kinds of alliances, even if that means taking some losses and giving them xp. I know there are people out there that feels like I do, I talked to a few, and I hope that they have a better attitude that to just give up.

DeletedUser

There are almost 13,000 players registered in World 5. The few that you have talked to, Wendy, are obviously a minority.

It's my personal opinion that large alliances make the game more interesting. It's fun to watch them have at each other, to read the politics and propaganda. Oh, and I'm not a member of any alliance in World 5. I'm not even a member of a town. I don't consider myself to have "given up", either. [shameless plug: level 33 adv. has ships bells in her inventory]

DeletedUser

I mean that people like me, that don't like big alliances shouldn't give up. If they amuse you in some way, it would be useless to fight them for you.

I know I'm probably a minority here in w5, and probably in the whole the-west.net community. But any change starts with a minority of people deciding to start to change things, and I really want a change. Maybe a change is not possible here, but we started one in the Swedish w1 recently where a big alliance lost a lot of power and the "rebels" won. I hope I can find the same spirit here in w5.

A lot of people are sending me messages in game, trying to explain to me that I can't win this battle. It's okey, I get it. I didn't challenge the fort to win it for me and my friends one horse town. I did it to make people think and start a diskussion. Maybe to start a change. It only costs 1500$ to initiate a battle against a small fort, and most of have hats that cost a lot more than that so it's a low price to make a statement.

DeletedUser

Funny this coming from a gun for hire
Who attacked me quite a while back when I was in another town.
Who "hired" her..... A player from DCD...who's not in DCD anymore.
Anyway I'm in a town who is allies with DCD and NWT and I see this battle as being senseless.

My 2cents in the plate...

DeletedUser

Hmm Wicked Wendy if you dont like big alliances like our NWT and DCD, why dont you just leave the game because people are still going to make them.

DeletedUser

I don't think that leaving is the best alternative when you have a problem with something. I'm quite stubborn and such suggestions just want me to try to change things even more.

Today we lost the battle, but I had support from 14 other players and that's a start. Thank all of you for helping out!

DeletedUser5597

The best way to beat a big alliance is to be in another big alliance. My two cents. And big alliances make this game fun (see the battle between WWW&Fort Smith&Down Under&CIA vs EGB&U-Wars, which will get more interesting in the next months. :nowink:

DeletedUser

My town EL SALVADOR stands in the middle of this one.
We're allied with DCD and NWT and a few others. Our town is only 14 members strong...

The only way to knock a big alliance down is with an even bigger alliance.

An East vs. West raid would be something I'd like and enjoy!

;) :cool:

DeletedUser

It would be kinda un fair because east has way more towns. But it would be kinda fun

DeletedUser

This morning 19 people did an attack om deadcandancetoo, a few more than fought last time.

I know that you don't need another big alliance to fight a big alliance, even if thats probably the easiest way. As I said in a previous message, in the Swedish w1 the biggest allaince lost a lot of power and forts against people in different towns that are tired of big alliances and decided to fight them. It is possible, but it's harder here in w5 where almost everyone tries to hide behind an alliance. It's a different culture here than on the Swedish server and it really shows in this thread.

DeletedUser

As a protest, you're going to give them XP? Attacker's don't win fort battles unless the defenders are a) stupid or b) far below the 128 limit.

i think your wrong, 128 stupid people will still win long as they stand inside the fort

DeletedUser

Well lets see here...

I don't like big alliances...gotta sound weird since I'm in the Fort Smith Alliance right? Anyway, I have a dueler on w1 and I'm on the opposing side against a sizeable alliance. The main reason I hate big alliances is I fear that they'll do what we called in Tribal Wars...Tribal Hugs. Mainly all the big alliances making peace with each other.

I guess I see things differently in the Fort Smith bunch...but then again, things are pretty quiet in my town, I get absolutely no mail from the Empire and the only contact I have within the empire is from mizaru...kind of sad isn't it? I just do jobs and build where necessary...its so quiet I can go to a friend's alliance for a week and nothing's changed when I get back.