Human heart/emotions

DeletedUser

I saw this today,and I believe ppl should see this as well.

Writing about this topic is not needed,since you will find everything on this link:

http://vimeo.com/17994529

Please before posting watch this,it is not long.(almost 15 min.)
(btw the video has a short "experiment"in wich cancer is cured in less than 3 minutes by just thinking.
People claim our emotions dont have effect on the outside world-this proves it wrong.

So,just watch the video,ok?

Debate please.

http://vimeo.com/17994529

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah, I know about Gregg Braden, he's a fraud.

but but but...he does a power point presentation and talks of real people! And he has a beard! He must be right!

Sorry, but I couldn't get past 5 minutes. Does he stick to connecting emotions to the heart, rather than the brain the whole time? And does he present evidence for his "cancer-healed-in-3-minutes" other than "Once upon a time there was a woman who had cancer and went to China where they healed her immediately"?

DeletedUser

If someone had a cure for cancer it would be worth hundreds, if not thousands, of billions. It would be patented and widely used. The notion that it exists, is in the public domain and is being ignored by the entire media, medical and scientific establisments is absurd. I don't need to spend 15 minutes of my life verifying this.

DeletedUser

Hellstromm:Why do you think he's a fraud?(just dont get me a FBI,or CIA record on him.:))
Man, you should read more:

Yeah, I know about Gregg Braden, he's a fraud.

This is a fraud to you?

Gregg Braden is a rare blend of scientist, visionary and scholar with the ability to speak to our minds, while touching the wisdom of our hearts.
—Dr. Deepak Chopra, author of How To Know God.

New York Times best selling author Gregg Braden is internationally renowned as a pioneer in bridging science and spirituality. Following a successful career as a Computer Geologist for Phillips Petroleum during the 1970s energy crisis, he became a Senior Computer Systems Designer for Martin Marietta Defense Systems during the last years of the Cold War. In 1991 he was appointed the first Technical Operations Manager for Cisco Systems where he led the development of the global support team that assures the reliability of today’s Internet. For more than 25 years, Gregg has searched high mountain villages, remote monasteries, and forgotten texts to uncover their timeless secrets. To date, his work has led to such paradigm-shattering books as The Isaiah Effect, The God Code, The Divine Matrix, The Spontaneous Healing of Belief and his most recent book, Fractal Time: The Secret of 2012 and a new World Age. Gregg’s work is now published in 17 languages and 27 countries and shows us beyond any reasonable doubt that the key to our future lies in the wisdom of our past.

Jack:
Your post is very strange to me...you say you couldnt watch the first 5 minutes,and then you ask something wich has been explained in the video as well?(in the first 5.mins)?The brain doesn't control emotions?Emotions do "come"from the brain first.
The last sentence is not very clear to me at all too..(I must have missed my coffee today)
I believe you can see cancer disappearing(its the white thing on the scan).And yes,I'm thinking yes.She was cured.

Eli:
You see,thats the main problem here.He said clearly that the western science sees this as a miracle,but its actually technology.They dont believe in this,they dont have the people who do this(like the 3 scientific guys in that curing process)and most important,they dont have people who believe in it.
Oh and yeah,media,medical and scientific establishments ignored the whole idea.
I'm actually trying to get hold of this magazine to see if it really is true.

Someone also said,that power of mind truly is strong,but to cure cancer,no.
Those 3 men were experts in controling their mind and emotions.I dont eather know if they truly cured her from cancer,but I think that scan wouldn't lie.What's the point of faking curing when if not true,it would be discovered in just a few months of reaserch?
Or do the China men eat to much rice??

I just put this on debate,and hoped to see people try this too.Not to cure cancer.xD
But just try out the part"It already happened"in every day life.

If you dont believe in Gregg Bredan's explanations,or any others,I dont expect for any of you to believe me.
But I knew this before I got the video.And I practiced it for some time(1 year or so)and got to very good results.
You cant actually train your mind to work as you wish(control emotions and feelings)in such a small amount of time,but through that period,I actually made progress.
The 3 practicans probably worked a hell more than I did to be able to cure cancer.xD

But then,I'll give you my version if his story.The things you wish for,big or small,and if you wish them with the thought "it already happened",and you bring back the feeling of that.It will come true.
For an example:

When I was a child,I lost a very dear toy to me.I knew I wouldn't get it back.I got it from my uncle who lived far away.I then tryed thinking "it already happened,I already got the toy,its there in my room".I tryed to bring back the feeling of how it was,when I had it in my arms,how I felt.
In a small period of time(now this is important.You actually have to forget and not think that you "wished",in this case,the toy back)it will be granted.
You will get it Through various ways,wich you will think are coincidential.

I think the only way ppl will stop thinking "that was an accident,the wish and it already happened didnt work because the toy did not fall out of the sky as a miracle."is that it really falls out of the sky.And even then they will question"Maybe it got out from a plane window,ek?"
If the wish is "bigger"it will require more time for it to happen,stronger feeling and the part where you forget about it and just continue your life.

The point of this thread wasnt to start a debate war.One of you said that he won't spend the 15 minutes verifying this.This could be more helpfull to him,just 5 minutes of practice, than spending alot more time on the computer.Not that I care about who does what in their own home.

If all of this is a lie,what will cost you,what will you loose by giving 5 minutes of your precious time,and trying this out?
I'm sure most of you spend at least 2 hours on something useless and stupid(I do as well)while that time they can put in good use.:)

If you dont know how to do it,watch the first 5 minutes of the vid again,and I think you will understand.

Think I'm a crazy,creepy woman who lives in the woods with her 2 dogs,but I do it as well.And I can say one thing.IT DOESN'T HELP.

IT WORKS.

It's up to you to decide wether your "wish"will help you.

DeletedUser

If someone had a cure for cancer it would be worth hundreds, if not thousands, of billions. It would be patented and widely used. The notion that it exists, is in the public domain and is being ignored by the entire media, medical and scientific establisments is absurd. I don't need to spend 15 minutes of my life verifying this.

Yes, you are right. It is worth billions, but the world farmaceutical industry wouldn't allow this. Where and how would they gather so much income and profit, if patients would start healing themselves in the clinics without medicine? THAT is the main reason why it is hidden from mainstream media and general public.

DeletedUser

If thinking really did make it so, I'd be the healthiest person on Earth. All my life I've heard that there's nothing wrong with me that a swift kick in the 'rear' wouldn't cure. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I loved when he said: "Does that make sence?"

That's heard before... in the so called secret. They say that the EM waves produced by our bodies travel into the univers. There's a thing that you usualy bump into when you try to make unexplainable things explainable... it's called physics(the univers follows it, so then the rest should too) . EM's don't just travel like like that into the univers(of course light is a EM, but light can do that because it's coming from a termonuclear reaction that produces an insanely amount of energy).

This , oh look I healed someone(come here Sparky, heal! lol) just doesn't work as a proof in my opinion(or as a proof alone).

And the fact that scientists wouldnt want something like that because it would change everything is the most ridiculous thing in the video. Science changed sooooo many times and it will continue to change. In fact it's the whole point of it. But I forgive him about that, he just confused science with religion, honest mistake.

It's always funny to see a spokesman try to make some money.

DeletedUser

*/me kicks Artemis in the :donkey:*

Feel better now?

And Hilarion, you are quoting the guy's own website. Hold on, let me make my own website and praise my amazingly astounding virtues. C'mon, seriously, the guy is selling crackpot books and he's quoting praises from other crackpots as his claim to fame.

But if you really want evidence, okay... you sure now? Okay... are you sure? Alright, here we go. Here are his main arguments and my rebuttals:

Cosmic Alignment (2012)
Braden goes into the Mayan Calendar hoopla, and here's where he gets in big trouble with me, as that used to be a good bit of my fun when I was younger (I could care less now, so don't bother me about it), he's just plain full of crap there. He calls there to be an alignment of our planet, our solar system, and the center of the galaxy. This is not only incorrect, it's just plain poppycock.

If you really really want, i can go into horrible detail about this, but ultimately he's basing this on totally contrived crap that was spewed by new age huckster, John Jenkins, whom I and others have debunked countless times. Stated, any alignment, far less than John Jenkins posed, occurred already in 1996. It doesn't happen in 2012, it's just fantasy. Jenkins didn't know how to read the Mayan Calendars, he got it all wrong, but that didn't matter, because he's made a buttload of money going to seminars and selling his crap books, just like this Braden character is now doing. Hucksters unite!

Mongo Solar Storms (2012)
Again with the 2012 crap, he's pushing solar storms as some sort of once in a green moon event, when they occur on a very common half cycle of 10.7 years, otherwise referred to as the 11 year solar cycle. Blah blah blah, more crap.

Earth Reverses Spin
He argues that the Earth's polarities (north/south poles) reverse when the Earth reverses its spin. I.e., it is spinning clockwise, slows to a halt, and begins to spin counter-clockwise. Woohoo, can't wait for that to happen!

Seriously, do you really want me to explain and utterly absurd that is?

Anyway, he claims the poles (north/south) will be reversing any minute now, when it is anticipated not to "begin" for probably another 1300 years. Even if such is the case, and it begins today, it will take several thousands of years for the poles to reverse (National Geophysical Data Center). The impact of this anomaly, of pole reversals, has been blown grossly out of proportion by nutballs and hucksters, like this Braden character, who erroneously claims the whole Earth will reverse its spin. Seriously, laughable.

Magnetism
He argues that we are able to accept change and adapt when there are weaker fields of magnetism. He bases this on complete garbage, claiming the Earth has a base pulse, which is completely contrived, absolutely preposterous. He claims the Schumann Resonance "mirrors" this base pulse. And while the Schumann Resonance is interesting, his actions here are to piggyback his made-up notion on the back of an actual physical phenomena.

Why? Because the Schumann Resonance is undergoing extensive research and does not support any of Braden's claims, so of course he can't say that it's the Schumann Resonance that he's basing some of his "healing" principles on. He has to make something up altogether, so it can't be tested. But it actually can, because he does make a reference to the Schumann Resonance harmonics (although he doesn't call it the Schumann Resonance, so now he's merely hijacking it and giving it a different name... remember what i said about piggybacking?). In it he claims the frequency is increasing, but Schumann Resonance is, and has always been, a constant of 7.8 Hertz. Blah blah blah, more crap on this, but it doesn't matter.

Braden also mentions the Fibonacci numbers, only to then try to associate Schumann Resonance with the Fibonacci numbers, and makes the claim that the frequency will change to 13 Hertz (the next Fibonacci number). These are two totally unrelated factors, and making such an unsupported, totally off-the-cuff relation demonstrates this guy is KNOWINGLY making crap up.

Butterfly Effect
He claims that the way we perceive our world strongly influences our physical reality, going so far as to state we influence everything thousands of kilometers away (well, I guess this is true if you decide to watch his video and believe it, but that's technology mediums, not some electromagnetic "power"). He bases it on false principles, the basis of which is Absolute Zero, which he states is Zero Point. He further runs on this "Zero Point" indicating that everything is attempting to attain "Zero Point."

Let me state right now that Absolute Zero is NOT Zero Point, they are not the same. Absolute Zero refers to 0 degress Kelvin, a measure of temperature, the point at which no thermal energy exists. Zero Point, also referred to as Ground State (and from here-on, I'll refer to Zero Point as ground state, the more commonly applied label), is a quantum mechanics principle, and is the lowest energy level of a quantum mechanical system. You can have ground state without Absolute Zero, and vice versa.

In short, he is introducing a distorted, and incorrect, comprehension of the Third Law of Thermodynamics, to give a grandiose misinterpretation of the cosmos. A phrase I like to use a lot, but it is applicable here --- opportunistic redress.

What I find most fascinating, is while he is not directly referring to the Butterfly Effect, he's attempting to describe a phenomena of that effect, a facet of the Chaos Theory, yet he gets it completely wrong and uses incorrect foundations to demonstrate his completely wrong assertion. Unfortunate, because Chaos theory and quantum mechanics are so fascinating in and of themselves, that it makes me sad to see people like Braden try to pass off gross distortions of these fascinating fields of study in order to make a buck.

10% of our Brains
Braden poses the same falsity, that we are supposedly using only 10% of our brains. This is a longtime bunch of crap, tossed out by so many new wave booksellers. Our entire brain is at work, mostly managing things at an autonomic level. There's no 90% untapped source of infinite power going on here, and he's opportunistic to claim that is the case.

Cures Cancer
His claims of cancer cures are intentionally vague because if he were to make a real claim, the FDA would be all over him for fraud. But making vague, no-name, claims of cures committed in some remote location is very safe --- and absolutely opportunistic.

It's in the Bible
Weakest argument in the book. I'm not even going to give that one the time of day. Unfortunately, Braden used it just enough times it became obvious he's confusing his religious beliefs with science.

Braden's Credentials
Or should I say, lack thereof? He's an ex-computer programmer. That was his expertise back in 1991. He became unemployed and now he's grossly behind the times and probably can't make anything more complex than a PowerPoint presentation. In any event, he has limited knowledge on everything else he's spewing, as is demonstrated above.

Evidence is Key
What hurts Braden's case, yet contrastly helps him maintain viability, is his total lack of evidence. He makes claims left and right, but provides absolutely no supporting evidence, no substantiation at all. None, nada, nipso. Everything he says and claims is intentionally vague, nondescript. In the moments he presents scientific phenomenons, he not only gets them wrong, but uses this wrong as a basis for even more wrong conclusions. It's typical hucksterism, taking advantage of others who don't know that he's simply, blatantly, wrong.

Fraud
Yes, that's what it is. This stuff is a shell game, a confidence trick to get you to believe. It's a process of throwing in so much stuff that you get confused by it and start believing it. After all, you're willing to believe a doctor can remove a heart and put in some plumbing, so why not believe a bunch of scientific jargon, mixed together and made to sound like something YOU can do all on your own?!? Well, because by believing it, you also end up buying his books, and get him more speaker gigs. All of which fill his pockets and gets him a tidy sum of money.

It's fraud, in every sense of the word except for the most important one -- it's legal. The other writers, the other new age authors who push his books and praise him, function as shills. They make it look like he's really selling something valuable, because they're sitting there saying they buy and use his product. All the while, he's doing the exact same thing for them, praising their books and their work. Together, they form the perfect union of crooks. All legal, all filling your head with ridiculous and totally fabricated notions of pristine living and magical internal energies. None of it visible, none of it reproducible, none of it verifiable, because none of it is true.

Now, are we done with this so I can close this thread?

DeletedUser

Sounds like someone scheduled a 15 minute session of doing Charlatan. Maybe he found some Elixirs?

DeletedUser5046

actually... talking about emotions... i was thinking twice of opening the link . . .for some reason it have an actual effect on my EMOTIONS.. ive been tripped wit some scary links tat is really getting my nerve...

btw... who "PEOPLE" are you talking about claiming that outside world have nothing to do with emotions? they are probably dreaming O_O

DeletedUser1121

Hellstromm:Why do you think he's a fraud?(just dont get me a FBI,or CIA record on him.:))
Man, you should read more:

This is a fraud to you?

Gregg Braden is a rare blend of scientist, visionary and scholar with the ability to speak to our minds, while touching the wisdom of our hearts.
—Dr. Deepak Chopra, author of How To Know God.

Sorry Hilarion, but this made me laugh so hard..

Just quote another guy who has a title and we will all believe it.
Hellstromm is right, just reread this last part he wrote.

Fraud
Yes, that's what it is. This stuff is a shell game, a confidence trick to get you to believe. It's a process of throwing in so much stuff that you get confused by it and start believing it. After all, you're willing to believe a doctor can remove a heart and put in some plumbing, so why not believe a bunch of scientific jargon, mixed together and made to sound like something YOU can do all on your own?!? Well, because by believing it, you also end up buying his books, and get him more speaker gigs. All of which fill his pockets and gets him a tidy sum of money.

It's fraud, in every sense of the word except for the most important one -- it's legal. The other writers, the other new age authors who push his books and praise him, function as shills. They make it look like he's really selling something valuable, because they're sitting there saying they buy and use his product. All the while, he's doing the exact same thing for them, praising their books and their work. Together, they form the perfect union of crooks. All legal, all filling your head with ridiculous and totally fabricated notions of pristine living and magical internal energies. None of it visible, none of it reproducible, none of it verifiable, because none of it is true.

Please now read the following article about Chopra:
http://web.archive.org/web/19980119231534/http:/nasw.org/users/ASkolnick/naswmav.htm

So, quoting Chopra wouldn't give this guy more credit.. If anything, it would just degrade him (if that is even possible)

DeletedUser5046

maybe Hilarion is one of the victims here... that is what made him create this thread...

if you believe in hypnotism, do you think it has something to do wit what Hilarion is trying to imply wit the video?

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, oh, my God, you're so full of anger! And you made me smile, thank you for that!

It would take a lot of time and space to continue debate about Greg Braden and to give you some other examples and names to prove you're wrong. But, to make it short I'll say just one thing: you don't give counter examples but only claim that he is wrong; no other name, no supportive theory or the proof of anything you're saying.

As far as I can see (and all others reading this thread, of course) you're standing on the first line of defending the old system and what we call the official science which was many times up to now proven to be wrong in so many things. In addition, the same science which you are defending so passionately, hide from us so many things and I can't believe you still think they are telling us the truth???
I wonder why are you so against not only Braden but all others who do not belong to the mainstream science and their institutions? Do you happen to work for some of them?

The reason I put the quote from the Braden web site to present data about him is that I was in a hurry, but you can google him ofcourse, when ever you and all others want. And he is not so important, there are so many others that think the same way! We are not talking about names here, but about the principles and the way we perceive this world and our lives.You want me to believe that the official science and all her fraud institutions are on our side? Look who is paying them and look at the sources your precious scientists are financed by. Unfortunately, the same science you're defending so passionately has made some of the worst viruses in history and continues to poison and kill us with the "cure". I wonder do we live on the same planet?

This is my answer to all others too.
Have a nice day!

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, oh, my God, you're so full of anger! And you made me smile, thank you for that!
No, more like full of disgust. I don't like that hucksters are allowed to sell their crap, but I especially don't like that people are foolish enough to believe the crap being spewed by these snake oil salesmen.

Unfortunately, the same science you're defending so passionately has made some of the worst viruses in history and continues to poison and kill us with the "cure". I wonder do we live on the same planet?
Classic mistake. You assume merchants are scientists, they are not. Scientific discovery is presented, merchants attempt to utilize these discoveries in a manner that provides profit. Scientists work to discover answers. Merchants work to make money. Just because there are merchants exploiting scientific breakthroughs does not make the scientific community at fault. It is, indeed, the entire Climate Change argument that amply demonstrates scientists are trying to stem the tide of abuse.

It would take a lot of time and space to continue debate about Greg Braden and to give you some other examples and names to prove you're wrong. But, to make it short I'll say just one thing: you don't give counter examples but only claim that he is wrong; no other name, no supportive theory or the proof of anything you're saying.
Actually, I demonstrated that his scientific arguments are invalid. If you want, I could spend the next 8 years teaching you physics and maybe then you'll understand just how wrong he is. In the meantime, I guess you could simply ask for links that substantiate my presentation of information.

As far as I can see (and all others reading this thread, of course) you're standing on the first line of defending the old system and what we call the official science which was many times up to now proven to be wrong in so many things.
Nope, not true. Physics has not been proven to be wrong. If it had, your car would not work, your computer wouldn't work, your microwave wouldn't work, your buttcheeks wouldn't work, etc and so on.

A misrepresentation of physics, claiming things do certain things when all evidence clearly shows that is not the case, is not showing that physics is wrong, it's showing that the person presenting the information simply either doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, or he's intentionally misleading. In this particular case, I would say it's both.

In addition, the same science which you are defending so passionately, hide from us so many things and I can't believe you still think they are telling us the truth???
Really... so tell me ol' wise one. What is it exactly that physics hides from us?

I wonder why are you so against not only Braden but all others who do not belong to the mainstream science and their institutions? Do you happen to work for some of them?
Let's see, first off it's not "mainstream science," it's simply science. Anything else is just plain fairies and leprechauns. Either something is scientifically verifiable or it is not. What Braden purports is not only incorrect information, but unsupportable. No supporting evidence.

Hilarion, a test for you: If I were to tell you that a whirlpool of water creates an electromagnetic vortex which, when you place your head in the whirlpool, will re-establish the electrical synapses of your brain's neurons, thereby reinvigorating you and allowing you to think more clearly, would you believe me?

Why, or why not?

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, it's obviously useless to discuss about this subject with you, since you and I are on a completely opposite sides of it. If you would read and learn anything about quantum physics you would know what I was talking about, and how "miracles" are actually possible.

For the end of this discussion, I'll only remind to a famous saying: "There are no miracles, but only things that science still hasn't found the way to explain."

Requesting lock, (I'll do it instead of you, since you obviously can't wait to close subjects like this at this forum.)

Diggo11

Hellstromm, it's obviously useless to discuss about this subject with you, since you and I are on a completely opposite sides of it. If you would read and learn anything about quantum physics you would know what I was talking about, and how "miracles" are actually possible.
Oh, please do elaborate on which part of quantum physics enables human emotions to remove tumours in thirteen seconds. :rolleyes: You can't explain quantum physics in 5000 characters, but enough references have been provided such that any keen "physicist" like yourself should be capable of recognising this crackpot's scientific flaws. Stating Hellstromm is on the other side of the "debate", if you could even call it that, isn't a counter argument but merely stating the obvious. ;)

DeletedUser28121

Hilarion, a test for you: If I were to tell you that a whirlpool of water creates an electromagnetic vortex which, when you place your head in the whirlpool, will re-establish the electrical synapses of your brain's neurons, thereby reinvigorating you and allowing you to think more clearly, would you believe me?

Why, or why not?

Actually, I would like to see u tackle this Hilarion, since u r obviously claiming to have an at least basic grasp quantum physics... give it a go...

and btw, judging by the terms hell is throwing out here (and judging by the fact that he also seems to know where and how to apply em without twisting the laws of physics to prove his points) I'd say he knows quite a bit about quantum mechanics.... more than u in any case...;)

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, it's obviously useless to discuss about this subject with you, since you and I are on a completely opposite sides of it.
True, I'm of the evidence and substantiation side, and you're on the take it personal and provide no substantiation whatsoever side.

If you would read and learn anything about quantum physics you would know what I was talking about, and how "miracles" are actually possible.
Hehe, those who have seen my vitae' must be cracking up right now. ;)

A miracle is an unexpected event attributed to divine intervention. Scientific discovery doesn't participate in researching divinity, because there is no data to examine. Science doesn't argue that there are no miracles, it simply doesn't participate in theology.

For the end of this discussion, I'll only remind to a famous saying: "There are no miracles, but only things that science still hasn't found the way to explain."
Just because you said it doesn't make it famous. The sentence provided above is grossly incorrect and, in fact, not famous at all. You made it up. Now, for some insights into Braden's con and why hucksters are able to sell this crap:
"We seek out oracles to tell us the truth without doing the hard work of seeking it out through study and experiment; we dream up heavens to provide us with a perfect world to live in without the sweat and toil of creating it ourselves; we invent commandments to show us morality without the intellectual labor and uncertainty of reasoning it out; we look to the skies for messiahs to lead us without the falterings of democracy and the tedious effort of consensus-building and compromise.

"But all of these are symptoms of a more general condition: humanity is suffused with magical thinking. More than anything, we desire easy answers, and all these different types of supernatural belief stem, ultimately, from that desire. When life is difficult and troubled, we want miracles that will fulfill our needs and supply our wants in a supernatural flash, without the work otherwise needed to get what we want; and when life is truly disastrous and our sorrow and suffering seem too great to bear, we want miracles to reverse the irreversible and make possible the impossible." ~ Adam Lee, "Ebon Musings."
Science examines evidence/data. It is through the tedious examination of this data that they are able to determine pattern and consistency (or inconsistency, which in itself is evidential). What Braden presents has no data, no evidence, therefore no pattern or consistency. Instead he postulates, assuming healing properties without proof, without evidence, without even concrete examples. It is not a theory and definitely not a fact. It is fabrication and his actions are irresponsible.

So please, spare me the hurt feelings, the dramatics. I provided ample argument for the fallacies posed by Braden, and can get detailed if you wish. However, since you presented this crackpot's arguments, it is only reasonable that you present evidence in support of his claims. So far, all you presented is an emotional appeal for sympathy, because big bad Hellstromm is hating you.