How is this possible?

DeletedUser

I am near the Ghost Town after doing the Independence Day quest. Distance between me and my town is more than 6 hours. I am doing some Well Drilling there to consume my energy before i go home.
Now i enter and i see that my character has been dueled twice by Darkarn from The Bandits in a very short time:
- Today at 7:50 AM
- Today at 9:41 AM
When i try to duel him it says 7 hours 44 minutes. The bandit is in my town as we speak and has been there all morning.

So i am asking how it is possible to beat almost 8 hours riding a donkey so he can duel me twice in 2 hours? Is he cheating?

DeletedUser13388

To duel you,he doesn`t need to be at your current position,he need to go in your town and to press the "duel" button.

DeletedUser

Well, yea i know that. Is what i did when i said i need 7h 44' to duel him, go to his town, click tavern, click duel link.
And to duel you i need more than 9 hours.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
It's both the time taken to walk to the right town and the duel time (which is 10 minutes).

DeletedUser

Gee, a newbie with an answer, just hope it's not gibberish

For him to duel you, he enters your town. It doesn't matter where you are on the map.
For you to duel him, you have to enter his town (you don't enter your own town). His town could be closer to you than your own town or it could be on the other side of the world.

(yes I know, unrealistic but that's how it works)

DeletedUser

It was 7hrs 44 mins since it takes you 7h 34mins to get to his town since you put huge distance from your town and the 10 mins for the duel.

DeletedUser

Well if this is how it works, then it sucks big time.
Not only builders are sitting ducks in front of any dueler, now they dont have to be at the same place with the target? This is a big screw up from my point of view.

DeletedUser

That's the current duel system. And it will be changed. I hoped the new system will be able through new 1.28 update, but seems it won't. No matter, a bit of patience always helps.
Anyway, the changes planned that will affect duels:
The Roadmap!

Health points and dying chances
Players hurt themselves more often and worse during work. Duels also cost more health points. Passing out will be weakened a bit. Energy will not be lowered as much, the duel block will be lifted.

Reasons:

• More excitement during work
  • Use of food and healing elixiers
Duels on the map
Players are no longer attacked using the saloon, but using the map. It is always used the location where the player is right now. There is also a search function on the minimap to find duelable players. A player is attackable in a specific location until he has reached a new location. The duel requirements will be adjusted slightly so that there will be more potential dueling partners.

Reasons:

• It is easier for new players to attack other players using the map
  • Players can quickly add a duel right after a job
  • Possibly more duels
  • Ambush are possible
  • Speed becomes more relevant (Dueler bonus)
Ambush
Players are protected by foreign town members on the same field. If a player is dueled in a location where other town members are present, each town member fires one shot at the attacker. This only happens for the defender.

Reasons:

• Towns can stand strong against duels by protecting each other
  • Builders can protect each other
  • Strong players can help their weaker friends
Wanted
It is possible to put a bounty on another players head. Once the player is defeated in a duel the player receives the bounty. For each bounty offered a fee is paid to the system. Beat in a duel: 25% fee, killed 50% fee.
Reasons:

• More duels
  • Good new task for duels
  • Workers can defend themselves
  • The player loses money
New Duel system
The current system (attack zones, dodging) will be replaced by a new system.
Each duel round has one attack and one movement action. The higher the dueling level, the more rounds are fought. (3-12 rounds).

Attack action: The attack action is be default a hit/shot. With added skills other actions can be learned.
Examples:

• Hard hit: +50% damage, 20 Vigor
  • Double shot: Two shots, lower chance of a hit, 20 Reflex, 15 shot
  • Curtain fire: Shots keep enemy at a distance, less damage, 40 shot
  • Storm attack: No penalty for wrong distance, Stamina 40
  • Stunning hit: Enemy misses the next round with 50% chance, Vigor 50
  • Kick: Lowers chance for a hit by 50%, only works in close combat

Movement action: Each round also has a movement action. They allow the players to move to the optimal distance to the opponent and by that to cause more damage or to dodge an attack. With added skills other actions will be available

Examples:

• Move to close combat. No requirements
  • Jump to side: +20% dodging chance, 20 Reflex, 10 dodging
  • Yell: Attacks hit 30% worse, Charisma 40
  • Ridicule: Opponent forgets his attack action and only does a normal hit/shot, Charisma 50
  • Change weapon: changes the weapon, Dexterity 50
  • Unbelievable Reflex: In this round no one scores a hit, Mobility 20, Reflex 200
  • Stay Cool: Verspotten und Brüllen drehen sich ins Gegenteil um, Charisma 30
  • Clinch: Movement action fails with 50% chance, Strength 30, Reflex 30

Those are just examples and will most likely not be implemented into the game like this. It will be balanced so that skills and attributes are equally important. Ranged and close combat will also be comparably strong. Please don’t start to skill towards those examples!
The current dueling skills will be less important for the hitting chance and damage calculation, but they will be more important for the dueling actions. Luck will be minimized.
The equipment and weapons will take a bit role in the calculation of the earned experience points to constrict duel pushing.

The hitting chances will be changed, the skills and attributes used for the duels will most likely stay the same. The soldier will get another character bonus. An exact version oft he new fighting system will be announced with due notice!
Reasons:

• A system that gets more and more complex over time
  • A very simple system for new players
  • Lots of possibilities
  • Goals to work for
  • Better chances to protect yourself even for a worker
I believe this will be awsome. Can't wait!