How am I doing so far?

• Thread starter DeletedUser8312
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Not too good. You are already starting to spread your skills out. Decide what you want to do and build for that.

DeletedUser

There isn't any right or wrong kroesus.
Dreadwood just do what you feel is right for you :)

DeletedUser1105

Dreadwood I haven't even looked at your skills.

As Craz said you can't do anything wrong or right, and after level 14 quests it's simple (if expensive) to rearrange your skill points anyway.

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to follow the quest line, then spreading points about is the best bet.

My only advice would be the following two points if you are going on the quest route:

1) Only spend points if you have to. Keep them in the bank unless absolutely needed. and
2) Plan ahead. Use www.weststats.com/quests to see what quests are coming up. When you are spending points, look at the next couple of jobs needed for quests too and see if you can spend points on shared skills.

DeletedUser

I totally agree with sdjx22!
If someone wants to follow the quest line, then the only way to do that is to spread his skill points out.

DeletedUser

I totally agree with sdjx22!
If someone wants to follow the quest line, then the only way to do that is to spread his skill points out.

I agree too. Acquiring items is the better way to get the skills needed.

DeletedUser

I agree too. Acquiring items is the better way to get the skills needed.

I'm doing the same. Bying items or (with little luck find them...) and trying solve the quests.
Maybe i will not be a pure adventurer, but i prefere the quest line, than doing only some high skills jobs and making money.
All kind of quests excites me, so i put my skills according the next quest i have to solve, even if it will took me sometimes longer to solve them.

Anyway...is up to how everyone wants to play this game, nothing is wrong or right :)

DeletedUser

I have a fully spread adventurer and I can do more overall jobs on him then my pure spec adventurers BUT my most specilized adventurer makes the most money of all my adventurers.. hope that helps you a little

DeletedUser

These are my new skill points I have. I am training to be a Merc.

http://www.weststats.com/Skillset/a8e86caf7b345c323e651b96d7d29e45/

If you are trying to be a dueler choose which which type of dueler you want to be[melee or shooting] and spend the skills accordingly[vigor/shooting].Don't spend in both like you are doing atm.

About the earlier opinions trying to complete every single quest in not the best idea for an adventurer.Choose a target job and use skills to get close to them.[for example setting trap for grizly hunt,trading for silver mining]Although I have spread out my skills in w1 and completing all the quests but then its because that time no one told me that it isn't a good idea.

DeletedUser1105

trying to complete every single quest in not the best idea for an adventurer.quote]

Wrong. There is no 'best idea'. No, it's not the best way of topping the rankings, but it doesn't mean it's not the best way of playing the game.

The best way of playing the game is the way that gives the individual the most enjoyment, and that obviously differs from person to person.

DeletedUser

sdjx said:
Wrong. There is no 'best idea'. No, it's not the best way of topping the rankings, but it doesn't mean it's not the best way of playing the game.

The best way of playing the game is the way that gives the individual the most enjoyment, and that obviously differs from person to person.

You seem to always interject your opinion that eveyone elses opinion stinks...guess what so does yours. He asked for people's opinions so quit trying to denigrate someone else's opinion because it differs from yours.

DeletedUser1105

I would, if people didn't give opinions as facts.

Saying 'trying to complete every single quest in not the best idea for an adventurer' will make a new player think that they should not aim for the quests, when in fact it can be a very enjoyable way of playing.

I am trying to make sure that the OP can seperate opionion from fact.

People can have thier own opinions, I welcome that. What I don't like is people posting comments that mislead new players into believeing something that is not true.

DeletedUser

Your appearance is low, and your set of skills are not suitable for dueling. Its not even in a defensive combination. You do have some shooting skills but you can't duel good if you have not invested much skills to appearance and tactics.

DeletedUser

My main and premium character in W4 is focusing on quests. I'm enjoying it and i think that an adventurer have not only aiming on money and big exp.An adventurer is what the word says, trying to discover the "mysteries" and somehow quests are giving mysterie. But is just my personal oppinion and my personal way of playing, many others can have diffirent targets and ofcourse i don't blame them. They like their own style and it gives them pleasure, so for me this is ok.

I made another 2 new characters, non premiums, in W3 and W5. One is raising only settings traps and the other raising only trading. Just to see the diffirents.

Jesse James, says that "trying to complete every single quest in not the best idea for an adventurer". It's his personal oppinion (and for sure i welcome it) but he don't have the right (as Sdjx22 correctly says) trying to make the new players into believeing something that isn't true.

DeletedUser

Now are you trying to say those who gain top rank and earn lots of money don't enjoy the game?One can enjoy a online game even when he looses miserably and those who are playing this game are playing because they enjoy it so you can't define what's the best idea by enjoyment.They have putted that ranking system for a reason you know.

The most important part is I never said don't do the quests!I just said don't blindly follow all the quests.Following quests always is a good way to learn the game[may be the best in earlier lvl 10/15 stage].And any adventurers can/will do most of the quests anyway. But once in a while some quest will appear which will require completely different kind of skill then you have that time.Now if you want to complete it you will either have to spend a lot of money in re-arranging the skills or but some expensive clothes.And the reward usually is very little exp or money.Will you say doing the quest anyway will be the best way that time?When if you concentrate on the good jobs you can do that time you can earn that money/exp lot easily?

Jesse James, says that "trying to complete every single quest in not the best idea for an adventurer". It's his personal oppinion (and for sure i welcome it) but he don't have the right (as Sdjx22 correctly says) trying to make the new players into believeing something that isn't true.

I didn't invented adventurer class so I will not argue on what its real job is.I just used my common sense to say what is the best idea is.If someone spreads his skills he will not do high money or exp jobs he will certainly not be in the top ranking.He won't have much money to give to his town or but better gear to protect himself in duels.Even if he gets dueled a lot he may think to to stay town less.Now will you say staying out of town is the best way to play the game?So chk the good things about doing all the quests I can't see how it can become th best way of playing.Spreading skills is just like mixed village in tribalwars most of the people does it but that doesn't make it the best way playing.And those are the people who usually stay at the bottom of ranking.

Also after certain stage doing quests becomes pretty hard.Now if someone depends fully on it he can get bored and quit.Thats why we see so many semi-active and inactives around level 30.

DeletedUser8312

I'd just like to thank everyone for putting their time in effort into my question.

Its good to see active players in a game like this.

Im still trying to get my feet wet, but i think with everyones responses Im starting to get a hang of it :)

DeletedUser

Jesse, my friend, don't compare TW with this game :)
In TW you have deffensive and offensive villages and the one is supplement the other :)
Here, we have just one character and we are playing with him.

I never said that making big money or big exp isn't good.
I never said that spreading skills or completing quests is the best way for playing.
What i was saying is, that, FOR ME is pleasure trying completing quests. For many others this is not good.