Hotels are rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

hotels

i was under the impression that if you go to sleep for an 8 hour period but cut it short you still pay the whole 10 (or whatever the price for your room) but you get energy restored as per staying rounded down to the nearest 30mins or hour?

DeletedUser

i was under the impression that if you go to sleep for an 8 hour period but cut it short you still pay the whole 10 (or whatever the price for your room) but you get energy restored as per staying rounded down to the nearest 30mins or hour?

sleeping in a hotel causes your health to go up while sleeping, so you can quit sleeping anytime you want but if your staying at a hotel not in your town you do lose your money whether you stayed 1 second or the full 8 hours, in fact if you even haven't got to the hotel yet you will still lose your money.

DeletedUser

Thankyou. It suddenly makes a heap of sense.

the Noob is no longer confused.

DeletedUser

So stay in a hotel in your town for 8 hours, at rank 5, cut out 2 hours early, and bang, problem solved. Although I wish they would give the ability to select how long you sleep, like level 1, 2 hr would cost 10/4 and return 16 energy. helps in taking a nap during the day when you blow through all your rested time quickly.

DeletedUser

The best thing about the adventurer class, is the fact you can sleep at hotels for free. Therefore, you can go to sleep, cancel half-way through, do a job or two, then go back to sleep, and the stay is still free.

You never have to waste money this way, and you can get out and back in at any time.

That's one way to solve the time problem.

DeletedUser

Really? If you're adventurer class you can stay in a hotel for free? Sweet. :D

DeletedUser

Up to level 2.

Level 3-5 hotels you will still need to pay for.

DeletedUser2676

So
8 hours is an average time when a person sleeps to loading his pc
when you wake up you dont come straight onto The West.

True, but it's not like when you stay at a hotel for just 6 hours and you don't get ANY extra rest. I'd suggest you keep it from 6-12 hours(player can control the amount of hours he can sleep), where the less you sleep the lesser is the amount of rest the character gets and the more you sleep, the more rest the character gets. And when he over sleeps his % of "rest" per hour decreases.
For Example:

The closet:
6hrs -> 36 energy points (6.0/ hour)
7hrs -> 50 energy points (7.14/ hour)
8hrs -> 64 energy points (8.0/ hour)
9hrs -> 72 energy points (8.0/ hour)
10hrs-> 79 energy points (7.9/ hour)
11hrs-> 85 energy points (7.72/ hour)
12hrs-> 90 energy points (7.5/ hour)

This is just an example, you can keep your own range of values.

DeletedUser

If you're overly bothered with 8 hours being too long, simply cancel whenever you wake up.

DeletedUser

Yes.

Sleeping at a hotel is the same as doing nothing, just that the energy increases faster each hour. You can stop whenever you want, the energy won't lower because of it.

DeletedUser2676

:) Thank you...if I had known that before, I'd have slept in an hotel hours ago >_<
I'm not making any fuss then ^_^

DeletedUser

You CAN cancel sleeping, but then you wasted several dollars. I know its not a big deal later, but in begining when you are strugling to get you city moving, its pretty much. I allways let char sleep all 8 hours, then you can do 3*2 hours of work. And for higher lvl hotels, it doesnt pay off unless its hotel in your city ^^

DeletedUser

Maybe someone should build like crazy and found his own town and build it all himself :)

DeletedUser

Maybe someone should build like crazy and found his own town and build it all himself :)

would take hell lot of time.

* Building in town costs money (60$ per half an hour)
* You do not get paid for building in town
* If you are the only town member, there will be nobody to fund your construction

Status
Not open for further replies.