His Majesty

DeletedUser

Dear me, I seem to have created another medieval thread! In this story, you are some sort of aid to the king of the noble country, Madare. Since you are the highest rank in whatever occupation you chose, you have a huge amount of power. You will help your kingdom through tough times orlead it to victory. Some of you, however, might be plotting to overthrow the throne.

Here are doth rules:

First, by royal decree of the King, none of the players may take the role of the king, or else said player will be beheaded. However, messages from the King will be allowed to pass hands.
Second, magic occupations are allowed. After all, many strange things happen in the medieval ages.
Third, no player may give themselves God-like powers (godmodding) or else that player will also be beheaded.
Fourth, players can not conspire against each other. This rule is not applicable to those who wish to overthrow the King.
Lastly, there must be a limited number of those who aspire to take the throne. These people must work together to overthrow the King, not against each other.

Bio-
Name: Your name
Occupation: Your role to the king (captian of the guard, royal advisor, royal magician, etc.) Also, give a brief explanation of what it is (if needed).
Conspiratorial: Do you wish to one day take the throne? (yes or no)
Background Info: What are you like? What things have you done?

We do need one person to be in charge of what specific events are happening inside and outside the kingdom (for example, is there a drought, a townspeople revolt, or a dragon attack). This person will still have a character and bio, but in the "occupation" slot put Herald.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Let's do dis thang!
Bio-
Name: Olorf Bragensal (aka Olorf the Warrior)
Conspiratorial: Perhaps, but not likely
Background info: I was born into the Bragensal clan of the Nakurians, a tribe of semi-nomadic warriors, 32 years ago. I proved my value gradually on the battlefield, slaying many enemies. 10 years ago, my warband was given the option of assimilation into the kingdom of Madare, and we accepted. We were bestowed with the title of a royal army, and took the name of the Nakurian Legion. I, having the most merit, was chosen to command this army. I have been in command ever since.

DeletedUser

Name: Erik Karlson
Conspiratorial: Absolutely not! Such a disgraceful endeavor would bring shame to my family and honor!
Background info: My father was the previous captain of the guard, allowing me to be born in the castle. Ever since I was a child I had been taking swordfighting lessons from my father. I had always hoped to be the captain, just like him. Now that he has grown older, I have taken his place as the captiona of the guard. My King admirs me for my great loyalty and bravery, trusting me as his hands in the kingdom.

DeletedUser13682

Alright, one question. Can I be the Conneticut Yankee. Please?

DeletedUser

Does the Conneticut Yankee have a part in a medieval fantasy world?

DeletedUser14280

Nope. He's a time traveller, you see.

And hey, you didn't evaluate my two characters!

Mauric
[spoil]Name: Mauric Skye

Occupation: Officially, I act as an ambassador for Beyrin. You know, the country next to Madare? Really nice place.
I've been magically blessed with the ability to command dragons (thanks to Cyrus), so that gives me seriously good skills as a dragon tamer.
You know, a good few of the stables around are filled with friendly dragons, thanks to me.
I've been practising my magic recently, too. You'd be amazed at what I can pull off.

Conspiratorial: Oh man, this is tricky.
I like the king, nice enough fellow, he does a good job on the throne.
All his men are good too, with a few exceptions. I won't name them, you know them already.
All the same, my loyalty is with Beyrin. I won't abandon my country, so if I have to choose between Madare and Beyrin...

Background Info: You want to know about me and Cyrus?
Well, years and years ago, when I was just a kid, I first met Cyrus being attacked by bad guys.
Apparently they wanted to capture him and sell him as a slave to someone (I never found out who).
Anyway, when I asked what the hell they were doing, they turned on me too!
Must've been 6 on 1 odds, and I'd only just started learning to wield a bow.
I might've been toast, but I fought them anyway.
And, would'ya know it, they all turned to attack me and ignored Cyrus. Bloody idiots, ignoring a dragon.
Cy set 2 of them on fire, and then the other 4 turned around again. Total bloody idiots, ignoring me.
What I did then, I grabbed a stick (I didn't have my bow), punched one of the baddies, then stuck the stick into his eye. Made a mess all right.
The last three gits managed to get their act together after that. No telling what might've happened, but Cyrus picked me up and flew me away.

After that, we got to know each other. Turned out Cyrus was a kid too, as far as dragons go.
I took him home (or rather, he did), and we started learning from each other.
He showed me all kinds of tricks, including how to breath fire and speak dragon language. I never got the fire breathing bit, mind.
There was a bit of a thorn with how he wasn't technically a citizen of Beyrin, but a bit of paperwork solved that.
I understand he's guarding the royal treasury at home.[/spoil]

Cyrus
[spoil]Name: Cyrus Le'Dracis Kaeman

Occupation: As Mauric no doubt told you, I up until recently guarded the royal treasury of Beyrin.
Nobody else knows yet, but I've sold myself as a secret weapon to Madare.

Conspiratorial: It'd be nice to boast of having a dragon on the throne, wouldn't it?
Sorry, but I'm not interested in overthrowing the king, unless he does something to really annoy me.
Things that would annoy me include invading Beyrin. I like that place as it is.

Background Info:
Well, Mauric has probably told you how we met, right?
I was ambushed by some slavers intend on getting a nice price for me, when Mauric came along out of nowhere.
I guess they thought they could make money out of Mauric too, because they turned away from me to gang up on him.
Now, I have morals, same as any human, and attacking an unarmed kid was crossing the line.
So, I toasted a couple of the bad guys, just to make my displeasure clear. That got their attention, all right.
When they all turned to face me, with violence in their eyes, you'll never guess what Mauric did.
He picked up a stick lying on the ground, sucker-punched one of the slavers in the back, and then he stuck the stick in the baddie's eye. I loved it.
After that, I could tell that the rest of them were really mad, so I stretched my wings, snatched the kid up, and split. The end.

After that little episode, I took Mauric under my wing, so to speak.
I taught him a bunch of draconic lore, and I learnt a lot about humans too. Things like they can't breath fire, sadly...
There was one time where my legal status came into question, but I had a few words with the king of Beyrin, and got myself recognized as a citizen.
As I said, that lead to me getting a job as treasury guard, before I decided to follow Mauric to Madare.
I can't wait to see his face when he finds out I followed him here.[/spoil]

DeletedUser13682

Well, technically he does. But I won't take absoulte power. I'll be like his chief blacksmith or something, able to create fantastic weapons of great power that will bring the kingdom rule over all! or something like that

DeletedUser14280

Or you could play one of the characters I came up with, if you want.
I'll be like his chief blacksmith or something, able to create fantastic weapons of great power that will bring the kingdom rule over all! or something like that
Heh, bicycles.

DeletedUser

Sorry, Celxius. The bios are really interesting and I liked the way you linked them together. You can keep them if Johannmaximus doesn't take one.

DeletedUser13682

Name: William Sherwood
Occupation: Chief Blacksmith and Personal Advisor to the King on the Issues of Arms and Armament to the Royal Guard and Royal Military and Commander of the His Royal Highness's Noble and Honorable Hussars for the Protection of the Kingdom (shortened to Chief Blacksmith or Chief Hussar)
Conspiratorial: not yet, but probably in the future.
Background Info: William was born in the city of Illian. He grew up, learning about how to make weapons and armor, by the time he was 30, he could make virtually every weapon from a simple knife to Ballista, and all sorts of armor too. One day, while moving, his cart, filled with all his plans, molds, tools, and other necessary items, crashed into a river, somehow sending William to some unknown kingdom, along with the beat up cart, still filled with William's tools and such. He won the favor of the king of that land by demonstrating his skills in weapons making, and helped created an advanced unit of Hussars.

DeletedUser

Sounds like godplay to me...
I think we should limit weapons and armor to pre-black powder tech.

DeletedUser13682

HEY! I'm making sure I can't use any of this stuff, just a background. Ok, I'll scale back to a form of a P38, it's less powerful, if that helps

Deleted User - 819397

(I have to agree with hippie. That seems a bit extreme)

Name: Zexion
Occupation: Head Librarian (i really do seem to be taking this role a lot)
Conspiratorial: not in the slightest
Background Info: Zexion is a quiet man, more at home with his books than with people. He is extremely loyal to the king since his life was saved by him personally when he was young. Zexion is an extremely intelligent individual, and is always happy to help anyone who needs it.

DeletedUser

Yeah. johann, I think you being a master weapon crafter is a great idea, but we should really keep the tech level the same as other rpgs of this type.

Deleted User - 819397

Ok...Yogitchalondu, you want to start?

(I changed my name due to a personal request. I'm guessing either Johann or Celxius...)