Health and fitness for young people

DeletedUser

Hi everyone – I’m looking for a little feedback from some of you young guys if you have any free time.

Basically myself and a friend have made a health and fitness site for teenagers, we have literally just bashed it together in the last week so it’s by no means finished, but we want to know how it can be improved and if there needs to be more focus on certain areas/ideas.

Background wise I have a sports science degree and a masters in sport and exercise psychology, I've been a personal trainer for the last 5+ years and done a bit of fitness modelling as well. My friend co-owns a fitness center (he’s also a PT) and is an Optimum Nutrition sponsored athlete, so between us we have a few ideas on health and fitness.

I’m 27 and when I was at school I wasn't educated at all on exercise and nutrition, consequently I was a pretty chubby teenager. I was amazed recently when training a 17 year old that he still really didn't know any of the facts regarding exercise or nutrition – I checked around online to see if there was much information available geared to young people but amazingly I couldn't really find any.

So I decided to make a site – it’s free and we don’t intend to try and make any money from it, we just want to have a resource for young people (a health and fitness community where you guys can ask any questions you have ) and hopefully continue to progress our own knowledge in this area.

The site is http://gutc.co.uk

Sorry this was a bit long and thanks for reading if you did, any feedback would be awesome.

Funk/Matt

DeletedUser

Well, in the uk there is the matter of changing ones countries culture :)
The english breakfast is known all round the world for lowering people's lifespan as much as tabaco :)
I wish you all the luck in the world. People really need to learn that they dont need to eat all the rubish they can find. And that they dont need to go to the gym to exercize(ohh, I'm too fat, they'll just laugh at me!). I myself found a great book by Mark Lauren which amazed me by the amount of thing you can do in your own room.

Ripwise

I trained kickbox for 10 years and was lifting weights for around 3 years. Problem with exercising and then quiting is that my muscle mass has droped and went into fat because of bad nutrition(i know, i should eat healthier).

People should be aware of modern day dangers of malnutrition so i welcome your idea of setting up such site.

With your degree and knowledge you know best what needs to be on the site so just make a detailed sweep and consult some books if anything is missing.

Good job :)