Happy Valentine's Day

DeletedUser

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Hugs and Kizzez for all ^^

Let's post our wishes and love poems and hearts here :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'll take the hugs and kisses... but aren't they a little early? ;)

(Also, who wants to lay money down on how many posts it takes before someone says something negative about Valentine's Day?) Lol.

DeletedUser5046

♥♥♥happy V-day PA... (currently listening to push te button ;))

i really dun celebrate V-day but anyway i wanna greet you :)

(gee sad part..tomorrow is our 21st month together...but where is he:( *teary*)

DeletedUser

You're right Violette. I'm sure we're gonna get spammed with -ve stuff....But show them the lurrrrve ^^

In the other games that I play, they are already celebrating Valentines Day so I thot I'd start here too. Hehe.

Oh well, there is hope ^^

And a poem for Angel and for everyone:

One Day My Prince Will Come

Remember all you maidens
From the Isle of Dogs
Before you find a prince
You must kiss a lot of frogs

:laugh:

DeletedUser

Well... I shall put my cynicism on hold and as I'm not in love with anyone (except all my boys here of course, none of whom are single ;) ) I shall share my Valentine tradition.

For me, Valentine's Day has always been a "girls-only night", whether I was single or not. And it has always been spent with my closest female friends at Moonlight Cinema in the Royal Botanic Gardens. On every February 14th, they show Breakfast at Tiffany's. So my wish...

That you people in love will always be able to find your Cat in the rain. :)

DeletedUser5046

One Day My Prince Will Come

Remember all you maidens
From the Isle of Dogs
Before you find a prince
You must kiss a lot of frogs

:laugh:

thanks for te quote but id rather wait for te prince than kiss too many frogs...kiss is precious. so only few can afford them :).(regardless of mah thread--kiss or shoot)

add: cat in te rain... hmmm

me -> caught in te rain

DeletedUser

Valentines day is a product of our consumerist society.

If you need such a day to be ramantic towards your SO, or anyone you like...

I hate to break it to you, but then you are a spineless a-hole.

Want to do something special for that person you like?
Want to treat your bf/gf to a romantic night?
Want to do something romantic?

Go ahread and do it. It's not bloody hard.

DeletedUser5046

i wonder why...but i felt te same thing too violette..anyway i guess he have his own reason not to spend too much on V-day :D

DeletedUser

i wonder why...but i felt te same thing too violette..anyway i guess he have his own reason not to spend too much on V-day :D

I do, it's because I do special stuff on a regular basis.

Giving flowers, candle-light dinners, etc does not need a special day of the year.

What's next? A special day to be nice to people?
Hell, we already have special days for charity in my country.

12_consumerism.jpg

Consumerism; so you don't have to think for yourself.

DeletedUser

ie being cheap!!!!! :laugh:

Yes it is consumer-ist. I don't deny. (is there such a word?)

But seriously most guys suck at being romantic. (note: I emphasize "most" if you are the rare few, I would salute you)

Hence the season to REMIND them that we aren't doormats for you to step on over and over ^^ and a pretty bouquet of flowers whilst you're at it would be nice ;)

DeletedUser

ie being cheap!!!!! :laugh:

Yes it is consumer-ist. I don't deny. (is there such a word?)

But seriously most guys suck at being romantic. (note: I emphasize "most" if you are the rare few, I would salute you)

Hence the season to REMIND them that we aren't doormats for you to step on over and over ^^ and a pretty bouquet of flowers whilst you're at it would be nice ;)

I'm real cheap for buying my gf a trip to Riga as a b-day present this summer, a holiday for two ;)

Don't know about the word, but if there isn't, there might as well be.

I guess many guys do suck at beeing romantic, but I don't think forcing it on them through a capitalistic consumerist celebration is the way to go in correcting this.

Further playing upon traditional gender-roles is hardly the way to go in reminding men that women aren't doormats. Let's turn the tables.
Gals, give us some valentine cards, I know you can, because I recieved my first at a young age, and ask us out for romantic dates.

In a societey where men and women are supposed to be equal, there is no reason a woman can't take a man on a romantic date.

DeletedUser

A true conversation about "romantic" gestures...

Group of Friends: Would you like a chocolate?
Me: I don't like chocolate.
Guy*: What about flowers? Do you like flowers?
Me: Um, not if some sappy guy gives them to me out of the blue.
Guy: Will you marry me?

End result: He left the country and I had his baby. One of the great love affairs of my life. :)

*Guy sitting with my friends that I had never met or spoken to before.

DeletedUser

I guess many guys do suck at beeing romantic, but I don't think forcing it on them through a capitalistic consumerist celebration is the way to go in correcting this.

In a societey where men and women are supposed to be equal, there is no reason a woman can't take a man on a romantic date.

The word is remind, not force. Many are happy to be reminded ^^

No one can be forced to love you, to do stuff for you.

If you have to chain a man to keep him, you might as well let him go ^^ Seriously. He isn't yours and will never be.

And no, I didn't say anything about women not reciprocating or it being a one-way street :laugh:

Don't be Mr Negativity John;)

It eats at ya ^^

Anyway, this is a thread for friendship and love, for funny poems and nice stuff.... since most of us are friends on this forum and not lovers ^^

<3 "Love is in the air" <3

DeletedUser

A true conversation about "romantic" gestures...

Group of Friends: Would you like a chocolate?
Me: I don't like chocolate.
Guy*: What about flowers? Do you like flowers?
Me: Um, not if some sappy guy gives them to me out of the blue.
Guy: Will you marry me?

End result: He left the country and I had his baby. One of the great love affairs of my life. :)

*Guy sitting with my friends that I had never met or spoken to before.

Violette, its a strange yet lovely story. True?

We all wish for love to last forever, in reality.... sometimes it just doesn't (cynic in me speaking)

Oh well, I'm sure you love your baby don't you? Thats something awesome that happened ^^

DeletedUser

These "reminders" are kinda forceful.

They build expectations, in women and men alike, that many a man get all sweaty and nervous about fullfilling.
I agree that we should show our SO we care, in special and attentive ways though.

A special day that "reminds" (pressures) people to do this kind of stuff just doesn't seem like that good an idea.
Unless your buisniss is selling things they need to mark this most special of occasions.

DeletedUser

Violette, its a strange yet lovely story. True?

We all wish for love to last forever, in reality.... sometimes it just doesn't (cynic in me speaking)

Oh well, I'm sure you love your baby don't you? Thats something awesome that happened ^^

Yes... I think it is a lovely story, and maybe strange. :)

I've always been one of those people who doesn't measure love by the length of time people stay together. And I don't even think that is cynical. Generally the people I love (romantically or otherwise) are not people who should be tied down. They are people I admire for their freedom, and curiosity and hunger to experience life.

Does it hurt like hell to let them go? Of course. But if you can't, did you really love them, or did you just want them to play some socially defined role for you? That doesn't sound like love to me.

I admire couples who have mutual respect and loyalty and do the damned hard work of staying together, I really do. But too often I see couples whose relationship is empty of anything but habit and laziness and social fears and social games. I'd choose solitude over that any day.

DeletedUser

I admire couples who have mutual respect and loyalty and do the damned hard work of staying together, I really do. But too often I see couples whose relationship is empty of anything but habit and laziness and social fears and social games. I'd choose solitude over that any day.

Those two lines made me realize just how great my love life is. Thank you, Violette!

DeletedUser

Glad I could help! :) And the thread is now back on track after being derailed by John....

Happy, mushy cheese, please! PoisonApple wants sighs and smiles...